- Jump to section:
- How to connect your iPhone to your TV with an HDMI cable
- Using a Plug and Play cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
- Connecting your iPhone to your smart TV
- Using Apple TV or an Airplay-compatible TV to stream on your TV
- Big screen or small screen, you decide
Jump to section:
How to connect your iPhone to your TV with an HDMI cable
This might be the cheapest manner for you to use your apps and see your favorite subject on a bigger screen, and the good news its it ’ ll besides support both good and video – and is actually simple. If you have an iPad, this method acting might be utilitarian for you arsenic good – although you may need a different type of adapter ( besides known as a dongle ) .
What you need:
- HDMI cable
- Digital AV Adapter
- TV with an unused HDMI port
When buying HDMI cables, there ’ s a huge survival to choose from. Think about your budget, interests and most common uses. besides bear in beware the cable will need to run from the back of your television to your iPhone – so make sure you buy one that ’ mho long enough. additionally, when buying any cables making certain that your iPhone and io software are compatible with the one you choose .
How to connect your iPhone with an HDMI cable and the Lightning Adapter
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to a free HDMI port on your TV. Look for it on the sides of the TV and also behind it. It should have the HDMI label on it – make a note of the number.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
- Connect the Lighting connector to your iPhone.
- Turn on your TV and use your remote control or the TV controls to switch to the correct HDMI port you just plugged the cable into.
- The picture and sound from your iPhone or iPad should appear on screen.
Using a Plug and Play cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
If you have a television receiver that allows you to connect a USB to your earphone you can get a chew and Play cable that has an HDMI side, a USB connection and besides the Lighting slope for your iPhone, alternatively of having to buy two different cables. But bear in heed that sealed HDMI cables will not support paid subscriptions and apps .
How to connect your iPhone with a Plug and Play cable
- Connect one side of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port as well as the USB side in your TV. Look for ports with the HDMI and USB label on it.
- Connect the Lighting side into your iPhone.
- Turn on your TV and look for the HDMI input you chose.
- Start enjoying what is on your phone on your TV.
Connecting your iPhone to your smart TV
Some models of smart television receiver actually have iPhone support built in – search for a feature called Airplay on your television receiver ’ mho spectacles. For TVs that don ’ t defend Airplay, there are specific apps, depending on the stigmatize of your television receiver, that allows you to mirror what you are seeing on your iPhone on your television receiver. This way you can play games and stream your paid subscriptions on a big filmdom .
What you need:
- A smart TV
- Your iPhone compatible with your smart TV operating system
- A mirroring app
Depending on the brand of your smart television receiver there might be a brand-specific app to stream photos and videos immediately from your iPhone and you can besides use the app as a distant control. If you don ’ t have a TV-specific app, the Nero Streaming Player app lets you mirror the subject in your iPhone directly to your ache television .
How to connect your iPhone to your smart TV
- Download the app. In this case, we are using Nero Streaming Player as an example.
- Connect your iPhone and your smart TV to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Choose what you want to stream and select the button that lets you stream specific content from your iPhone into your TV.
Using Apple TV or an Airplay-compatible TV to stream on your TV
If you have an Apple television, you can use its features to about instantaneously connect your telephone to your television. You can use the options to stream music, presentations, partake photos on your television receiver, see video recording and more. Some of the latest television besides have Airplay built in, meaning you can connect immediately using the process below .
What you need:
- Apple TV or an Airplay compatible TV
- A compatible iOS device
If your io device is compatible, fair follow these instructions to connect your earphone to your television with your Apple television .
How to connect your iPhone with Apple TV
- Connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Depending on the version you have, swipe up or down to show and open the Control Center. For iPhones with iOS 12 or later, swipe down. For earlier versions, swipe up.
- Tap Screen mirroring and select your Apple TV or Airplay-compatible TV from the list. If AirPlay is an option and appears on your TV screen, enter the name in your iOS device.
- Choose the screen orientation — vertical or horizontal — that you want the TV to show by simply turning your phone – the TV dispaly will adapy automatically.
- Enjoy your favorite content on the big screen.
This option is besides how you connect an iPad and iPod Touch to your Apple television .
Big screen or small screen, you decide
once you connect your iPhone to your television with the option best for you, you can start viewing everything that you see on your call on your television receiver – you aren ’ metric ton limited to barely video, you can besides mirror the blind, which is great for looking at pictures and even browsing websites.
Remember that for a better view you can turn your telephone sideways, normally, videos do this automatically on both your call and your television receiver, and even if your phone is horizontal, it will change to broad landscape view on your television. The apps that entirely work horizontally north korean won ’ metric ton change to sideways or vertically since they are not programmed to do then. Remember : If you want to know how to connect your iPad to your television you can use the same steps .