First Things First…
What control have you got with your Xbox One ? What we are trying to say is, there are two Xbox One controllers in the market : an older version and a new translation. What’s the difference between the two? The older translation, shown below, does not come with a 3.5 millimeter sound recording jack. It lone has a USB port. The new adaptation, which was launched in 2015, does include the sound recording laborer. Since you have recently purchased your Xbox One, it ’ s probably that you would have bought an upgrade version of the console. however, for the safe side, we will be discussing the setting up of a stereo headset on both the controllers. If you have a fresh cabinet version, skip the future segment.
Setting Up Your Headset on Old Version Console
You will be needing an Xbox One stereo headset arranger. With some units, it gets sold as a bunch. If you did not get the arranger with your cabinet purchase, you will have to buy it individually. once you have the adapter with you, follow these steps .
- Plug the adapter into your Xbox One controller and connect the controller to the console via the USB cable. Make sure that you have removed the controller’s battery.
- Once you have plugged in everything, update your controller by accessing the System Settings menu, so that it would be ready for use with the stereo headset adapter.
- After the update is complete, disconnect the controller and put back the batteries in it.
- If you have a stereo headset that supports a 3.5 mm audio jack connectivity, directly plug in the male-end of the cable into the adapter. If your headset doesn’t support 3.5 mm connectivity, then use another audio jack to establish the link.
And there you have it, you can now play your favorite crippled on Xbox One with your favorite stereo headset put on .
Setting Up Your Headset on New Version Console
The process of setting up your stereophonic headset on new version consoles is fairly easy. Your control already comes with a 3.5 millimeter audio jack so you won ’ metric ton be needing the adapter. Follow these instructions to set up your stereo headset on Xbox One :
- Plug in the male end of your headset’s cable, which is essentially a 3.5 mm audio jack, into the built-in jack of the controller.
- Go to Settings menu and adjust the speaker volume, mic-volume and chat mixer as per your preference.
That ’ s it, you are ready to play ! Leave a comment in the comments section below if the solution helped you. If not, let us know and our example will soon get in touch with you. And while we are at the subject of stereophonic headsets and Xbox One, check out our expansive inventory of console compatible bet on and stereophonic headsets .