synergistic Zoom is by far the easiest and the most useful zoom feature we found in VLC. It is besides identical democratic with the users. It is by and large used to see a section of a video. One can easily drag the soar dowry. It will enlarge different character of the play television interactively .
Here is how you can access and use Interactive Zoom in VLC Media Player-
- Go to Tools > Effects and Filters [Hotkey- CTRL + E].
- Click on The Video Effects tab.
- Navigate to the Geometry tab under it.
- Check the ☑ Interactive Zoom checkbox.
- Hit Save and Close.
The synergistic zoom feature is now activated. You will see a humble picture-in-picture like video on the top-left section of your media window. There will be a rectangle on it that denotes the area that is magnified. Use the mouse to click and drag the rectangle. Moving the rectangle round will change the area that is being zoomed. You can do this when the video is being paused or played. It is quite helpful to enable us to see something in greater detail .
Zoom Through Video Menu or Hotkey Z
Some users will find the Zoom option under the Video menu useful. It might not seem to do anything if the video is receptive in broad screen or in the maximized window mode. But if the video is in the Window mode, it will have an effect .
To use the zoom feature that comes with VLC, do the following-
- Open a video in windowed mode (it should not cover the entire screen area).
- Navigate to Video > Zoom > (1:4 Quarter, 1:2 Half, 1:1 Original, 2:1 Double). [Hotkey- Z or Shift Z to cycle these options].
- The window size changes to quarter, half, double or original of the video resolution.
not everyone will use the window size altering soar feature. It can be useful if you want to see how your video looks in different resolutions. It is besides a have to stack VLC ’ mho window on the screen veridical estate. Zooming this way for a 1080p video to 1:2 half will change it ’ s size to half of the resolving power i.e. 1080/2 = 640px width and 1920/2 = 960px altitude. The area it takes up on screen door will depend on your proctor ’ sulfur solution .
The best direction to cycle through the video menu is to use the hotkey Z and Shift-Z. You can quickly switch through different rapid climb resolutions this means. besides, using early related hotkeys for Aspect ratio (A) and Crop (C) might suit your prerequisite.
There is besides an advanced preference to set the default soar. We found it that it doesn ’ t have effect on the presently playing video. It does however impact the visualizations .
To access the Zoom option shroud in Advanced Preferences, follow these steps-
- Go to Tools > Preferences [CTRL + P].
- Under Show settings (bottom-left), choose All.
- Navigate to Video in Advanced Preferences.
- Scroll down (on the right side) to the Zoom video option.
- Set the zoom factor like 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2 and 5.
- Hit Save.
Using Magnifier in Windows
If you are in a Windows device, then the approachability tools might come into handy. There is a instrument called Magnifier. What it does is magnify everything on the screen. so, if your video recording is on the screen, it will make it appear bigger. The magnify sphere will follow your mouse pointer by default option .
To use the handiness cock called Magnifier in Windows-
- Click on Start.
- Search for Magnifier.
- Click and open it.
- It will overlay on top of your current window.
- Hit the Plus (+) button to Magnify and Minus (-) to Unzoom.
Keyboard shortcut to Zoom- Windows cardinal and +
Keyboard shortcut to Zoom Out- Windows key and –
You can zoom from 100 % to 200 % to 300 % …. to 1600 %. It will increase/decrease the soar share by 100 % for every + or – button pressed. It might get excessively zoomed and confusing if you zoom it excessively much like say 1600 % .