Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge
劇場版 HUNTER×HUNTER 緋色の幻影(ファントム・ルージュ)
Gekijō-ban HUNTER×HUNTER Fantomu Rūju
Reading: Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge
January 12th, 2013
|← N/A||The Last Mission →|
Movie Images Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge ( 劇場版 HUNTER×HUNTER 緋色の幻影 ( ファントム・ルージュ ), , Gekijō-ban HUNTER×HUNTER Fantomu Rūju ) is the first movie based on Yoshihiro Togashi ‘s Hunter × Hunter. The movie premiered on January 12th, 2013. A japanese Blu-ray/DVD of the movie was released on July 24th, 2013. The movie includes a canon flashback of Kurapika ‘s childhood adapted from the especial chapters Kurapika ‘s Memories Part One and Two, which was a manuscript written by Yoshihiro Togashi that he finally ended up scrapping from the main fib. The plot of the movie itself is considered makeweight. The movie is supposed to take locate at the conclusion of Yorknew City Arc ( after sequence 58 of the 2011 anime adaptation ), but it has some changes that contradict the former episodes and its ending do n’t fit with the next episodes of the zanzibar copal. That being said, if one watches the movie between Yorknew City Arc and Greed Island Arc it even wo n’t make feel canonically, but it is where it was supposed to be set .
Kurapika became a Hunter to take vengeance on the Class-A crime group Phantom Troupe who massacred his clan for their unique eyes (which are one of the 7 treasures of the world). The eyes of the Kurta clan turn scarlet in times of anger or emotional agitation and are considered the most beautiful treasures in the world. Kurapika continues to pursue the Phantom Troupe but an unknown party has stolen his “Scarlet Eyes”. With the help of Gon, Killua, and Leorio, Kurapika’s life was saved. However, the Phantom Troupe shows up before them and blocks their way. The true identity of the one with the No. 4 spider tattoo is about to be unveiled.
Note: The plot of the Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge movie is not a part of the canon storyline.
The movie begins with Killua dreaming about his brother Illumi warning him to never make friends, claiming that finally he will betray or get betrayed by them. He wakes up along Gon on an airship. Upon arriving at their destination, they meet Leorio and learn that he and Kurapika were investigating a rumor about a survivor of Kurapika ‘s Kurta Clan until they meet a young male child whom Kurapika recognized as his childhood ally Pairo, who late attacks him and steals his eyes. unconscious since then, Kurapika awakens beside the others, and soon after he has visions through his steal eyes of a serviceman whose correct handle is marked with a spider tattoo, the same used by the members of the Phantom Troupe. Based on other details seen by Kurapika in his vision, Gon and Killua leave him under Leorio ‘s worry and split up in search of Pairo ‘s localization. Gon ends up meet and befriending a young puppeteer called Retz and when Killua reunites with him, they realize that Retz is a girlfriend. When night falls, Leorio and Kurapika are approached by Hisoka. while Gon and the others are attacked by Uvogin, who was presumed to be dead and saved by Nobunaga and Machi who defeat him. It is then revealed that Uvogin was revived as a creature by Omokage, a early member of the Phantom Troupe who was defeated and replaced by Hisoka. Omokage sends a team of puppets being four of the Shadow Beasts and one of Pakunoda to attack his erstwhile companions but they are all destroyed by them. After Omokage retreats, Nobunaga and Machi leave a well, warning Gon and Killua to not stand between Omokage and the Phantom Troupe as they have a score to settle with him .
The following day, Retz leads Gon and Killua to the sign of the zodiac from Kurapika ‘s sight and after leaving her behind for her base hit, they meet another puppet, now based on Illumi, who attacks them. Illumi doll taunts Killua into running away, leaving Gon to be attacked. good as the Illumi doll is about to steal Killua ‘s eyes, Gon intervenes and has his own eyes stolen alternatively. Ashamed for failing to protect Gon and believing that he had betrayed his supporter, Killua flees and contemplates suicide but is saved by Gon who had tracked him with his acute accent common sense of smell. Gon then reveals that he had let the Illumi dame steal his eyes by his own volition so they could track down Omokage. He besides states that he had long realized that Retz was one of his puppets arsenic well. Reunited with Leorio and Kurapika, they set for Omokage ‘s localization to confront him. back at his hideout, Omokage reclaims his eyes from Retz, who is revealed to be a puppet made from his asleep baby, whom he sacrificed to obtain the first base pair of eyes for his dolls. When Gon and his friends appear, he reveals that he let them track him down by purpose as he intends to claim Leorio and Killua ‘s eyes to use on his puppets vitamin a well. After confessing to Kurapika that he besides took part in the Kurta Clan ‘s slaughter and claim that he presently has no other Scarlet Eyes in his possession, Omokage sends the Pairo and Illumi dolls to attack the Hunters, but Gon and Kurapika defeat them with Leorio and Killua ‘s help and retrieve their eyes. however, Omokage activates six early dolls based on members of the Phantom Troupe to attack them but Hisoka appears to fight by their side. While Hisoka deals with three of the puppets, Omokage absorbs the other three to attain their powers and fight them until they join forces in a unite feat that allows Kurapika to successfully restrain him with his range .
With Omokage defeated, Kurapika offers him a luck to survive in substitute for having his powers sealed for life, but he refuses. Killua offers himself to kill Omokage in Kurapika ‘s plaza but the puppeteer is then stabbed by Retz, who claims that he had already caused adequate suffer to her and her friends. The real Phantom Troupe arrives soon after, but decides to let Kurapika and Hisoka leave, claiming they ‘ll settle their scores with them on a late occasion. As the whole place is put on fire, Retz decides to let herself be consumed by the flames along with her brother and thanked Gon and Killua for making it possible for her to lead a real life. As they watch the burn house from afar, the group contemplates on what Retz mean by a real life. Killua realizes that he does not have a function of his own however, but decides to stick with Gon for the time being. sometime later, Gon and Killua separate ways with their friends as they leave to continue their adventures together .
Characters in Order of Appearance
Differences between adaptations and canon material
- In the original manga and 2011 anime adaptation, Gon and Killua stay in Yorknew the whole time with Kurapika and Leorio, while in Phantom Rouge (that is set at the end of the arc) they seem to be just arriving in the city. Besides that, in the movie they know the members of the Phantom Troupe and about a lot of things that happened during the arc, so they probably left the city briefly and returned later.
- At the end of the movie, Kurapika, Leorio, Gon, and Killua immediately part ways again, all leaving Yorknew City. It goes against the canon material in all other adaptations, where they stayed in the city for a while so Gon and Killua would go to the auction to buy Greed Island.
- The whole plot involving Retz, Omokage, and the Soul Dolls is original and non-canon.
- Kurapika’s backstory is faithful to the prequel chapters “Kurapika’s Memories.” However some of the important changes include:
- In the manga Pairo is depicted to be the same age and size of Kurapika, but in the movie, Pairo appears much younger and smaller.
- The manga depicts Kurapika as being hot-headed, getting in arguments with an Elder and other clan members commenting on this typical behavior of his. Kurapika’s mother is shown to have a similar temperament. Most of this was excluded from the movie.
- Kurapika explains in the manga that Pairo was hurt in an accident that he caused. Kurapika wanted to leave the Kurta clan in order to find a doctor to heal his friend.
- While shopping, Pairo scolds Kurapika when he tries to do everything for him. He also helps to calm Kurapika when he becomes too excited. These small moments add insight to the nature of their friendship but are unfortunately excluded from the movie. The movie also changes the nature of their relationship, making Kurapika look like a protective older brother instead of Pairo’s hot-headed friend that he has to keep in check.
- Sheila, a mysterious traveler who gave Kurapika and Pairo the Hunter’s Book is not shown in the movie, but briefly mentioned.
- Kurapika’s backstory is the only part of the movie that is considered canon.
- Pairo’s comeback as a Soul Doll was written specifically for the movie and isn’t canon.
First Promotional Poster
First Promotional Poster Text-less
outline and Info
second base Promotional post horse
second Promo Text-less
Sketches of Pairo, a Kurta and childhood friend of Kurapika
third base Promotional Poster
New character introduced for the movie
Design of # 4 : Omokage
Blind Kurapika ‘s design
Gon ‘s design
Killua ‘s design
Leorio ‘s design
Hisoka ‘s design
Retz ‘s design
Illumi ‘s design
Omokage ‘s design
Young Phantom Troupe
Phantom Rouge ‘s soundtrack
Phantom Rouge DVD
Togashi ‘s artwork for the movie
劇場版 HUNTER×HUNTER 緋色の幻影 劇場予告-ハンター×ハンター- HxH Phantom Rouge Trailer