- Zoldyck Family
- Group Statistics
- family Tree
- Translations around the World
- Site Polls
Reading: Zoldyck Family
Chapter 39 (Mentioned)
Episode 24 (2011) (Silhouette)
Base of Operations
Kukuroo Mountain The Zoldyck Family ( ゾルディック ( ) 家 ( け ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ), Zorudikku-ke ) is considered to be, by far, the deadliest and most ill-famed group of assassins in the earth .
The Zoldyck Family owns and lives at the Kukuroo Mountain, a dormant vent in the Dentora region of the Republic of Padokea, which stands at 3,722 meters ( approx. 12,211 feet ). Their estate is surrounded by huge stone walls guarded by a giant search beast named Mike and attendants highly skilled in martial arts. lone few people unrelated to the syndicate have any information about what is within the estate. The appearances of the members of the family are strange to the public at large, and a single photograph of any of the members can be sold for millions as the identity of a single extremity is alone known by a few individuals. [ 1 ] Their syndicate list alone can strike fear and panic in the underworld even more than the presence of the solid Phantom Troupe. [ 2 ] Children in the kin are trained from birth in the art of character assassination, although each member of the family has the prerogative to choose the forte of their abilities and liking as they grow up : the oldest child, Illumi, is a overcome of disguise ; whereas the future old, Milluki, is a calculator sorcerer and an expert hacker. The third base son, Killua, is showing excellent electric potential to become an assassin since early on senesce, his physical skills were so outstanding that he was sent to the Heavens Arena when he was alone six-year-old. Killua ‘s capability makes him favored to be the successor of the Zoldyck family, although he has stated of having no desire to inherit the family ‘s commercial enterprise. It is believed that each member of Zoldyck Family begun their prepare from their date of birth. The children are besides allowed the practice of weaponry ( pins, bombs, yo-yo, and newspaper ), which are besides suited based on their Nen abilities. Members are allowed to use a special vector in their assassination business. [ 3 ] They possess a alone set of talents : resistance to about all types of poison, the ability to tolerate high amounts of electricity and trouble, and huge military capability, for model Killua was able to open a 16-ton door before receiving any form of Nen education. [ 1 ] even at a young long time they are already capable fighters and assassins. For model, the third son Killua entered Heavens Arena at long time six and was able to reach the celebrate two-hundredth floor at the age of eight. [ 4 ] Another example is the youngest son Kalluto who was immediately accepted into the most ill-famed criminal gang, the Phantom Troupe, at the age of ten. [ 5 ] Without the assassination prepare, a Zoldyck is having a like power to a normal human, as in the lawsuit of Alluka Zoldyck. During an intra-mission, when family members have conflicting ideals and principles, it is against the rules for them to kill each other. [ 6 ]
assassination is the Zoldyck Family ‘s traditional trade going bet on at least a few generations in the class, their fame and luck coming from this activity. With rare exceptions, all family members are professional assassins for lease. It is obscure how much a person or organization needs to pay for the service of the Zoldyck. Judging by their reputation, wealth, Netero ‘s campaign to pay for Zeno ‘s avail, and the Ten Dons only hiring Zeno and Silva as the last haunt against the Phantom Troupe, their overhaul fee is extremely high. once Zeno offered 30 % deduction for some assassins are in the lapp mission with him .
Clients and Works
Their main line of exercise is character assassination, but they besides demonstrated doing employment that involves chiefly or entirely disguise and fraudulence, tracking, and invasion and support .
Despite being labeled as cherished criminals, none of the authorities in the world seems to do anything about them. This includes the Hunter Association, whose 12th Chairman hired Zeno on at least one affair and was friends with Zigg Zoldyck ; the sole known exception is Seaquant once in the past. however, this does not stop amplitude hunters and hoodlums to come at their estate to kill them to gain fame and money rewards. Mizaistom Nana, a Crime Hunter, besides does not legally apprehension and prosecute Illumi and Kalluto during their brush in the Black Whale, despite knowing their affiliations, although it is potential Illumi is protected by his Hunter status, or Mizaistom prioritizes to handle the difficult situations in the Black Whale at that moment .
The Zoldyck Family owns Kukuroo Mountain and its surround area. The property encompasses from the point of the Testing Gate, the dense jungle, all the way to the batch. There seems to be a garden near the mansion, where Killua and Alluka used to play as children. A large rumpus room could besides be seen in the premises of the estate of the realm. [ 7 ] Butlers are provided with headquarters, big enough to be mistaken as the independent mansion itself. Zebro and Seaquant have a small cabin near the Testing Gate, [ 1 ] while Canary has a mail near the butlers ‘ headquarters. [ 8 ] Butler ‘s headquarter Zebro and Seaquant ‘s headquarters Play area
Despite the miss of sources, it is rumored that the sign of the zodiac is located at the bill of the batch. As of the most late chapter, alone the inside of the chief residence has been shown. The walls are made of stones, with few lamps lighting the way. There is an isolation room within the sign of the zodiac, filled with chains and respective items for torment. Silva ‘s board is not much different ; it is a roomy room with stone walls and shock, a couch and a individual electric chair in the center, a skeletal system hanging on the justly side, and a spotlight for Silva ‘s enormous hound. [ 9 ] Milluki ‘s board is as broad, although it is largely occupied by three computers, some discarded debris food wrappers and empty sodium carbonate bottles. A shelf on the corner houses his huge collection of anime figurines. [ 10 ] Deep underground, Alluka ‘s room is secluded from the respite of the members. Before one could reach her room, several alloy doors must be unlock. Her board is well-lit and painted with colorful flowers and skies. Communication device and surveillance camera are attached near the entrance. For leisure time, family members have a Japanese-style room. [ 7 ] hallway isolation board silva ‘s room Milluki ‘s room Alluka ‘s room Zoldyck Family board
Alive/Active • Deceased • Unknown • Animal or Magical Beast
In ordering to live in the estate of the realm, they are in changeless train casual. [ 11 ] Zoldyck butlers receive their education and education within the family ‘s estate. They have a classroom, teacher, and instructors. Butlers are executed if they have lovers, inside or outside of the Zoldyck estate of the realm. [ 12 ] They besides use weigh objects daily to enhance their forte [ 11 ] like :
- Double door: 200 kg. or about 440 lbs. (each part)
- Slippers: 20 kg. or about 44 lbs. (each)
- Mug/Cup: 20 kg. or about 44 lbs.
- Teapot: 40 kg. or about 88 lbs.
- Chair: 60 kg. or about 132 lbs.
- Bathroom door: 500 kg. or about 1102 lbs.
- Mop and Broom: 25 kg. or about 55 lbs.
- Water Bucket: 30 kg. or about 66 lbs.
- Suit: 50 kg.-150 kg. or about 110 lbs.-330 lbs. (In the 1999 anime, 100 kg. or about 220 lbs.)
- Phone: 20 kg. or about 44 lbs.
- Also, in the 2011 anime, all (unspecified) furniture and utensils in the house weigh over 20 kg. (approx. 44 lbs.) apiece.
The servants have no real value for the family quite than plain servitude, or they do n’t show foster feelings openly. Despite of this many of the servants are ferociously patriotic to the syndicate and have a soft blot for them, even to the point of taking sides with one penis of the family shall conflict between them arise .
At some steer prior to the start of the series, Silva killed extremity # 8 of the Phantom Troupe [ 16 ] and fought their leader, Chrollo Lucilfer. The consequence of their fight is however unknown. [ 17 ] They have besides clearly killed many other high profile targets in arrange to develop such a barbarous reputation. It can be assumed that they are all desire criminals because of the group of blacklist hunters that attacked Kukuroo Mountain. [ 8 ]
Hunter Exam bow
Both Killua and Illumi ( under the alias “ Gittarackur ” ) participate in the 287th Hunter Exam. [ 18 ] Nevertheless, Killua is shown to be uninterested in becoming a Hunter ; [ 17 ] he only enters to have some fun because he heard the examination was street fighter. Killua then befriends Gon and the others there. During the flight to Trick Tower, Killua tells Gon about his family. He says that the chief action of his family is character assassination. They put a lot of pressure on him but he did n’t want anyone to tell him what to do. Killua said that his mother lectured him while crying, subsequently he beat her up and his brother and ran off. He said that if he ever becomes a Hunter, the first thing he would do is to arrest all of his kin presume he would get a good reward. [ 19 ] On the other hand Illumi entered the Hunter Exam in order to complete a abridge. [ 18 ] At the final round of the examination, Killua faces Illumi in a one on one contend. Killua was shocked upon seeing his brother showing up from nowhere. [ 20 ] Illumi then eagerly talks about Killua ‘s assail on their mother and brother. He besides mentions that their mother is proud however confused as to why Killua ran away. She feared that Killua would like to become a Hunter so she sent Illumi over. Killua tells his brother that he never wanted to become a Hunter, which makes Illumi feel assured. [ 18 ] thereafter, Illumi starts to psychologically manipulate his younger brother by making him think that he is lone a mere killer. He continues to tell Killua that he has neither rage nor hope. Killua replies that he does want something, to become friends with Gon. He does n’t want to kill anymore ; he just wants to have fun like a normal kid. Yet, Illumi found it impossible. He is bothered by the fact that he and Gon are already friends, so he decides to kill Gon. As Illumi tries to leave the board, Killua freezes on the spot, clearly intimidated by his brother. The early examinees stand by the door so Illumi wo n’t be able to kill Gon. Illumi then decides to defeat Killua first ahead killing Gon. [ 18 ] Illumi approaches Killua and tries to touch him. The latter tenses more and tries to escape but Illumi threatens him that if he moves an inch, their equal will begin. But if Killua does n’t fight him, Gon will surely die. Killua admits his kill, to everyone ‘s surprise. Illumi smiles at Killua and pats his shoulder. He claims that he never intended to kill Gon. He then instructs Killua that he should continue on following his orders. After that, Killua did n’t do anything and distances himself from the others. And during the adjacent match, Killua appears behind Bodoro and kills him, which led to Killua ‘s disqualification. [ 18 ] Gon confronts Illumi and demands him to apologize to Killua, but Illumi believes there is no rationality for him to apologize. Gon grabs Illumi ‘s hand and tightens his grip and tosses Illumi from his chair. then he asks Illumi about Killua ‘s location in decree to bring him binding. And when Illumi is about to do something to him, Gon retreated promptly. Later on, Gon once again approaches Illumi and kept on asking about Killua ‘s whereabouts. Illumi ultimately reveals Killua ‘s localization which was in Kukuroo Mountain. [ 21 ]
Zoldyck Family arch
Inside the Zoldyck estate, Kikyo and Kalluto converge with Gon ‘s group. [ 8 ] She informs them she overheard everything about Gon from Illumi. She besides claims to have told Killua that his friends are in the world about three weeks ago. She had come in order to deliver a message from Killua—he can not see Gon and the others. [ 9 ] Killua is seen inside an isolation chamber, his arms chained up. His older brother Milluki holds a whip and tortures him but to his annoyance, Killua just sleeps him off. When he woke up, he playfully greets his brother, but Milluki alone continues to hit him. Killua does n’t seem to be bothered sol Milluki tries to call their beget so that she can ordain the servants to take Gon and the others out. Killua then breaks his arm free from one of the confinements and threatens Milluki that if he always touches those three, he ‘ll kill him. [ 9 ] Their grandfather Zeno Zoldyck enters the board and tells Killua that he may leave. He besides tells him that his father wants to see him in his room. After Killua left, Milluki asks Zeno why he is indeed tolerant to Killua ‘s actions, frankincense making him rebel. rather of answering, Zeno asks him about his thoughts on Killua ‘s ability. He replies that Killua is the most gifted in the entire Zoldyck Family so far he is a failure for letting his emotions go first, to which Zeno agrees. [ 9 ] Killua ‘s forefather, Silva Zoldyck asks him about his “ friends ”. Killua shrugs off and replies that he actually enjoys their company. He then wants Killua to come and tell stories about the Hunter Exam. Back to Gon, Kikyo has already introduced herself and Kalluto to them. Kikyo explains that Killua ran away from home after wounding her and his brother so far he regretted his actions and came spinal column. suddenly, she receives a call option from Zeno that Killua is already out of the isolation room. She panics and excuses herself as she has another business. Kikyo then leaves with Kalluto who seemed to be glaring at Gon and his friends before catching up. Canary then wakes up and agrees to take them to the headquarters where they can make direct calls to the Zoldyck members. Kikyo is seen running through the afforest and worries about Killua. [ 9 ] silva and Killua continue to talk. then Silva asks him if he wants to see his friends again. He gives Killua license to leave, but he has to promise that he will never betray his friends. Killua excitedly runs but is stopped short by his mother who claims that Gon had already left. not convinced, Killua glares at her and tells her to get away from him. Kikyo is gallant of him for doing such an act. next, Kikyo confronts Silva for letting Killua go. He entirely assures her that Killua will come back someday, because Killua is his son. [ 9 ] Killua ultimately arrives to the butler residency and greets Gon and the others. He tells them that they need to leave quickly to escape from his mother. [ 22 ]
Heavens Arena discharge
After that, Killua went with Gon to the Heavens Arena for the second time. [ 4 ] He met there Wing who volunteered to teach Killua and Gon a technique called Nen. Killua was tidal bore to master it as it was the privy technique Illumi used to surpass him. [ 23 ]
Yorknew City arc
When Killua and Gon find out about the universe of the Greed Island game, Killua reluctantly asks Milluki about further information. He gives Milluki a replicate of a memory batting order in substitution. [ 10 ] due to his exhilaration, Milluki borrows 15 billion from his father in rally for killing 15 people. He then leaves Kukuroo Mountain, a feat he last did when he was 10 years erstwhile. [ 24 ] While Killua and his friends search for a way to earn money for Greed Island, they encounter the Phantom Troupe along the way. Gon and Killua are captured after their confrontation with Machi and Nobunaga. They were by and by brought to their headquarters. They learn of the Troupe ‘s objective and their research of the “ Chain User ”. Killua figures it was Kurapika they are looking for. [ 25 ] The Ten Dons of the Mafia Community subsequently hire several Freelance Assassins after the death of the Shadow Beasts and their bodyguards. Among the hired assassins were the Zoldyck Family ‘s Zeno and Silva Zoldyck. The Zoldycks immediately make a good mental picture to the other assassins. [ 2 ] When the last assassin was finally killed, Zeno uses his en to locate their target, Chrollo Lucilfer, leader of Phantom Troupe. They find out that the leader is in the basement. [ 26 ] Chrollo fights off Zeno and Silva at the same fourth dimension, with the former using a poison Ben ‘s Knife against Silva, but to no effect. [ 26 ] Realizing Zeno ‘s strength, Chrollo attempts to steal his abilities. Zeno keeps the Troupe leader at a distance, seeing through the latter ‘s plan. He is then pinned on the wall by Zeno while attacking him continuously with punches. silva throws two balls made of aura which explodes upon impact, [ 17 ] causing everything around them to collapse. Before the Zoldycks can finish him off, Illumi calls Silva and asks if his client is even alive. When Chrollo ‘s base hit is confirmed, Illumi sends his message that the Ten Dons have been killed, with the avail of Maha and Kalluto Zoldyck. The Zoldycks take their impart. Chrollo asks Zeno if they would have continued the crusade, who would have won ? Zeno confidently answers himself, but if Chrollo is actually trying to kill him, then that would have been a different count. [ 3 ] subsequently, Hisoka asks Illumi if the latter could do a job for him. [ 27 ] Kalluto acts as a decoy in order to gain Franklin and Bonolenov ‘s attention while Hisoka switches places with Illumi, who is disguised as Hisoka who goes out to conflict Chrollo. [ 28 ] Once Hisoka confirms that all is over, Illumi leaves the Spider ‘s hideout. [ 29 ]
Greed Island bow
Killua aboard Gon enters Greed Island [ 30 ] and meet Biscuit Krueger, [ 31 ] a master and experienced teacher of Nen who trains them. [ 32 ] Later on, Killua exits the game in order to take the Hunter Exam for the moment fourth dimension. [ 33 ] He cruised through the examination by knocking out all the other applicants and obtains a Hunter License easily. [ 34 ] During the fourth dimension the Phantom Troupe was on Greed Island in search of an exorcist, Kalluto appears again and is introduced this time as Hisoka ‘s replacement. With the help of his abilities, the Troupe managed to find the exorcist, Abengane. [ 5 ] While confronting one of the Bomber ( sulfur ) in battle, Killua shows off his Nen ability for the first time. [ 35 ]
Chimera Ant discharge
Kalluto helps his Phantom Troupe comrades exterminate Chimera Ants lead by the self-proclaimed Queen Zazan whom invaded their home base Meteor City. [ 36 ] When the Troupe enter the Chimera Ant base, Kalluto gets excited when he hears that whomever kills the Queen will become the de facto leader. [ 37 ] While Kalluto is successful in taking out one of the Chimera Ants, [ 38 ] he is completely shocked at Feitan ‘s fighting skills as he faces against Zazan. [ 39 ] Kalluto, at first, thought he could rise to the total 2 blot in no time, but this think is over turn when he sees Feitan active. Kalluto is final seen fleeing the basal where the Chimera Ants have made there base in and late helping the early Troupe members exterminate the once citizens of Meteor City turned into Chimera Ants. [ 40 ] late, Zeno arrives in the Republic of East Gorteau and is hired by Netero to help him kill the Chimera Ant King. [ 41 ] however, after using his Nen proficiency Dragon Dive on the Meruem ‘s Royal Palace, [ 42 ] he quits the job seeing as he harmed an innocent bystander, [ 43 ] and when he quits, he states it is the closest feel of death he ‘s always felt in his integral life merely being near Meruem. [ 44 ] [ 45 ] Zeno leaves the castle with Cheetu annoying him to fight him so he could try out his raw particular move. Before Cheetu could show it off, he is crushed to end by Silva leaving behind a massive crater. Zeno and Silva proceed to leave East Gorteau on their pet dragon. He tells Silva that Killua removed Illumi ‘s needle and that he had the most stimulate experience, much to Silva ‘s depress. [ 46 ]
13th Hunter Chairman Election arch
Wanting to save Gon from his about death state, [ 47 ] Killua goes binding family the Zoldyck Estate and tells his father silva he wants to see his younger sibling, Alluka. Silva initially refuses and warns Killua that Alluka is not a child, but a monster. still, Killua manages to reassure his beget, telling him that he can handle his younger sibling and that he is her brother. Silva accepts this and lets Killua go and see Alluka. [ 15 ] Killua convinces Alluka to join him, and he takes her to Gon ‘s hospital, with Amane, Tsubone, Canary, and Gotoh as their chaperones. [ 48 ] On the direction, they are relentlessly pursued by Illumi who has joined forces with Hisoka. Illumi uses his Nen ability to manipulate citizens into obstructing Killua on his travel. Illumi orders Hisoka to take care of the butlers ; [ 49 ] he does indeed and murders Gotoh. [ 50 ] Killua and Alluka arrive at an airport, to find that Canary and Amane have reached it first, and have reserved an airship for them. Killua orders them to reserve 5 more, and while they do it, he gets on one and escapes. He then tells Morel to send Hunters after Illumi. Morel manages to do indeed ; getting Teradein, Bushidora, and Loupe to join his campaign. [ 51 ] Killua lands his airship and prepares to get into a car arranged by Hishita, only to find that Hishita was being manipulated by Illumi. The entire placement was an still-hunt, and Illumi reveals himself. [ 52 ] Tsubone besides appears, stating that she fell into Illumi ‘s trap and that Kikyo was using her telescope to watch the situation. Alluka asks for Tsubone ‘s nail, something Tsubone complies to. Killua, now being able to wish, wishes for Alluka ( now in her Nanika form ) to heal Tsubone ‘s hand. Illumi inquires whether Killua would actually risk his own life for Gon ‘s. Because healing took a lot of department of energy, Alluka reverts to her usual phase and sleeps. He threatens Illumi for referring to Alluka as a cock, and Illumi steps back, gladdened by the fact that Gon could be healed without harm to Killua. meanwhile, Hisoka slips into the room of Teradein and kills him. [ 6 ] Killua finally arrives at the hospital where Gon is, which is guarded by respective of the friends they made on their adventures. [ 53 ] At Gon ‘s hospital room, Alluka touches Gon ‘s hand and heals him with so much energy, it could be felt in the Hunter Association construction. [ 54 ] After successfully healing Gon, Alluka falls asleep. [ 55 ] Illumi then appears, telling Killua that he would allow Alluka to have a minimum freedom provided he can control her. Killua wakes Alluka up and uses her Nanika form to teleport him back to the Zoldyck mansion. then, Killua tells Nanika that it can no longer come, and to go away everlastingly. After an argumentation, Killua yells at it, and Nanika complies. Alluka wakes up, angered by what happened, demanding that Killua accept Nanika should he accept her. Killua apologizes to both of them, accepting Nanika. Kikyo cancels the lookout ordering on Tsubone and Amane and lets Killua and Alluka free know that the Zoldyck can no longer control or exploit Alluka anymore. [ 56 ] The two accompany Gon to the World Tree, and then partially ways sol that they can travel the world together. [ 57 ]
succession Contest arch
At Hisoka ‘s request, Illumi joins the Phantom Troupe and boards the Black Whale. On the one-fourth day of the voyage, the Troupe ( including Kalluto ) gathers and Chrollo invites Illumi to introduce himself. Illumi explains his relationship with Hisoka and that he has joined the Spiders on the magician ‘s commission so he can kill him. When Cha-R Family members arrive to claim their postpone, the Troupe leaves and splits up to search and kill Hisoka. [ 58 ] Illumi and Kalluto successfully gain access to Black Whale ‘s Tier 3, higher than the early Spider members. however, they are cornered by the military on the gravy boat ‘s Vista area after their emergency announcement of a dangerous stowaway. The two Zoldycks comply with the soldiers ; one soldier identifies them as VVIP based on Illumi ‘s I.D. and asks why they are in that place. Illumi replies that he has business there. The soldier informs them of the quasi-martial law site and insists in escorting them back, but Illumi declines and reiterates that he has clientele there. The Zodiacs Botobai and Mizaistom interrupt the substitution, with the former acknowledge Illumi as a Hunter. Mizaistom asks Illumi if the Phantom Troupe is on display panel, which the assassin bluffly confirms while implying he is a spider american samoa well, much to Kalluto ‘s surprise. Mizaistom offers the two Zoldycks residential units and they follow him, until he rushes to another pressing matter and leaves them with Botobai and Ginta. [ 59 ]
Most of the family members have bizarre interactions and relationship with each other. [ 49 ]
- Maha is basically untouched for unknown reasons. He never seems to interact with the other family members.
- Zeno favors Killua the most amongst his grandchildren. He is the supervisor of Gotoh and Canary and interacts with his son Silva only in business.
- Silva has high hopes for Killua; he is in love with his wife Kikyo and interacts with his eldest son Illumi and his father Zeno only in business. He wants to control Alluka, and he is the supervisor of Tsubone and Amane.
- Kikyo loves her husband Silva, her youngest sons Kalluto and Killua the most, although she is loved back only by the first two. She seems to favor Milluki the least.
- Illumi interacts with his father Silva only in business. He also wants to control his younger brother Killua, despite Killua’s want for freedom.
- Milluki obeys both his father and grandfather. While he does obey his mother to some extent, her control is not absolute, since he disobeys his mother’s first command to shut up during Killua’s torture.
- Of all of the siblings, Milluki hates Killua the most and mostly respects Illumi.
- Killua does not want Tsubone and Amane to interfere and wants to be free from Illumi. On the other hand, he trusts Gotoh and Canary and loves his younger sister Alluka. He respects his father and is annoyed by his mother.
- Alluka loves Killua.
- Kalluto loves his mother and envies his sibling, Alluka.
- Gotoh and Canary trust their young master Killua and are vigilant towards Tsubone and Amane.
- Tsubone and Amane are loyal to Silva, responsible for Killua, and vigilant towards Gotoh and Canary. Their relationship with Alluka only depends on their orders.
Note: Not all the dynamics of the family might be covered, perhaps because the chart that sums it up is based on Killua’s perspective and he may be in the dark about some of them.
- In the official databook, Zoldyck is also spelled as “Zaoldyeck“. Chapter 344, however, confirmed this spelling as correct but instead of an “o” it used an unknown symbol, resembling a crossed circle ( ＋
Read more : This Kind of Museum… – Ghibli Museum, Mitaka
〇ho” syllable in the Zaholdyeck“. ), which is identical to the “ ” syllable in the Hunter × Hunter Alphabet. This would effectively result in a third possible spell, “ ” .
- The Viz translation changed the alternative version of the family name to “Zzoldyck“, with a normal “o” instead of the uncommon symbol.
- Zeno and Silva, two heads of the family, have light hair (probably white); Killua, the next heir to the business, also has that hair color.
- The four dark-haired members of the family who are also confirmed Nen users are, on the other hand, Manipulators. It should also be noted that, just like Transmutation and Manipulation are at the opposites of the Nen chart, Killua gets along the worst, or anyway can empathize the least, with the Manipulators of his family.
- The light-haired Nen users of the family, Zeno, Silva, and Killua, are all Transmuters, meanwhile the dark-haired Nen users of the family, Illumi, Kikyo, and Kalluto, are all Manipulators.
- Many elements present in the Zoldyck Family have snakes and Chinese dragons (symbol of power, strength, and good luck) as theme/motif, making it a seemingly revered symbol in their household.
- The Testing Gate is adorned with two dragons, one on each side.
- Zeno’s Nen abilities (Dragon Head, Dragon Lance, and Dragon Dive) and his face.
- Zeno’s and Killua’s representations as yin elements, which is usually linked to the dragon figure.
- Killua’s “The Snake Awakens” technique.
- The snake image behind Killua when he faces Rammot.
- Kalluto’s Nen ability name (Dance of the Serpent’s Bite).
- Zeno’s sofa and goblet adorned with dragons.
- The real dragon-like creature they use as transportation in East Gorteau.
- The ouroboros illustration used in one of the explanations of Nanika’s power.
- Killua and Illumi are the only Hunters in the family.
- Despite Silva’s warning to stay away from the Phantom Troupe, two of his sons, Kalluto and Illumi, join the Troupe.
Intertextuality and References
- Like in the Japanese word game Shiritori, the Zoldyck children’s first names start with the ending letters (or kana) of the last: Illumi (イルミ) → Milluki (ミルキ) → Killua (キルア) → Alluka (アルカ) → Kalluto (カルト). Furthermore, they all contain “llu (ル, ru)”.
- The unknown symbol in “Zaoldyeck”, being a simple coincidence or the indication of an inspiration/reference to part of the concept of this family, is similar to the crosshair-like symbol used by the real-life Zodiac Killer in signing his correspondence. This connection is limitedly reinforced by:
- the slightly phonetic similarity between “Zodiac [Killer] (ゾディアック, Zodiakku)” and “Zoldyck [Family] (ゾルディック, Zorudikku)”;
- the use of the mentioned symbol as a graphic substitute for an “o” in both names. In the Zodiac’s case used in movie posters for example;
- the killer is seen/treated as one, but could be many since there are several suspects. In parallel the Zoldyck Family is composed of many assassins;
- the fact that both show no fear of any kind of authority such as police or bounty hunters;
- and, their position among the most infamous murderers in their respective universes.
- An expansion patch for World of Warcraft: Legion MMORPG added, in a direct reference, the “Zoldyck Family Training Shackles” legendary item (bracers) for Rogues specialized in Assassination. The equipment, whose effect increases damages of “Poisons and Bleeds”, has the following description: “The Zoldyck family are trained from birth in the art of assassination. In the lower levels of their estate, members learn to resist the effects of and master the use of deadly poisons.“
Translations around the World
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 39
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 11, chapter 95
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 11, chapter 100
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 44
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 17, chapter 170
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 330
- Hunter × Hunter – book 31, chapter 322
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 41
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 42
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 8, chapter 69
- Hunter × Hunter – book 5, chapter 40
- Hunter × Hunter – book 31, chapter 323
- Hunter × Hunter – episode 23 ( 2011 )
- Hunter × Hunter – sequence 33 ( 1999 )
- Hunter × Hunter – book 31, chapter 321
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 9, chapter 80
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 11, chapter 99
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 36
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 2, chapter 13
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 4, chapter 35
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 37
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 5, chapter 43
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 6, chapter 46
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 8, chapter 72
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 10, chapter 91
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 11, chapter 98
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 12, chapter 115
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 13, chapter 116
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 13, chapter 119
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 14, chapter 128
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 14, chapter 137
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 15, chapter 140
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 15, chapter 146
- Hunter × Hunter – book 15, chapter 148
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 18, chapter 178
- Hunter × Hunter – book 22, chapter 224
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 22, chapter 225
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 22, chapter 227
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 22, chapter 228
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 22, chapter 229
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 25, chapter 262
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 25, chapter 264
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 25, chapter 267
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 25, chapter 268
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 26, chapter 271
- Hunter × Hunter – book 26, chapter 278
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 30, chapter 316
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 324
- Hunter × Hunter – book 31, chapter 326
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 327
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 328
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 31, chapter 329
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 32, chapter 331
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 32, chapter 333
- Hunter × Hunter – bulk 32, chapter 335
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 32, chapter 336
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 32, chapter 338
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 36, chapter 377
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 36, chapter 380
- Hunter × Hunter Hunter Association Official Issue : Hunter ‘s Guide ; Character & World Official Databook ( pg. 138 )
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 33, chapter 344