- The Joker
- Mainstream Universe, 1986-2011
- Powers and Abilities
- Recommended reading
Mainstream Universe, 1986-2011
Johnny Jape,The Fool,Detective Joker
Unborn son ( deceased ),
( possible son ), [ 1 ]
Melvin Reipan ( cousin, deceased ) Jeannie (wife, deceased),Unborn son (deceased), Lonnie Machin (possible son),Melvin Reipan (cousin, deceased)
Injustice League ·
Joker League of Anarchy,
Justice League of Arkham
Formerly Black Glove Justice League of Arkham
Reading: Joker (New Earth)
Base Of Operations
Arkham Asylum, Gotham City · Ha-Hacienda
Criminal, Mass Murderer, [ 2 ] Comedian, Terrorist · Former Iranian Ambassador Comedian, Chemical Engineer
· Brown · (formerly)
· Brown · (formerly)
Jerry Robinson · Bill Finger · Bob Kane
|Detective Comics #569
- I’ve proved my point. I’ve demonstrated there’s no difference between me and everyone else! All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once, am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up like a flying rat? You had a bad day, and it drove you as crazy as everybody else… Only you won’t admit it! You have to keep pretending that life makes sense, that there’s some point to all this struggling! God, you make me want to puke.
- — The Joker src
The Joker is a homicidal maniac and the archenemy of Batman. wholly unpredictable with no gaze for human life sentence, the Joker finds murder and havoc amusing, and is possibly the most dangerous homo on earth with a body count stretching into the thousands, all centered around his compulsion with the Batman.
Accounts of the Joker ‘s origins have been varied and numerous. He himself has told the narrative of how he came to be with respective different variations, saying that sometimes he remembers it one way, sometimes another ; and that if he has to have a past, he “ [ prefers ] it to be multiple choice ”. [ 3 ] What has remained the most reproducible is that his first meet with the Batman was while he was acting in the identity of the “ Red Hood “, along with a gang of other thugs, committing a robbery in or near the Ace Chemical Processing Plant. During this robbery he either tripped into a tub of chemicals or was incidentally pushed in by Batman. Most versions end with him falling into chemicals which bleach his skin, make his hair’s-breadth green, and give him a maniacal bolshevik smile. Sometimes the chemicals are besides blamed for his mental department of state, and the combination of chemical exposures, and potential brain damage due to oxygen privation have been cited as factors in his insanity. [ citation needed ] His action between the accident in the chemical factory and his first public appearance as The Joker is strange, but his return key to the Gotham City crime scene was a spectacular one. He announced himself on television receiver, after murdering a reporter with Joker Venom, and publicly told the police he intended to murder local millionaire Henry Claridge that evening at the stroke of midnight. Despite taking every security system meter possible, Joker managed to kill his mean victim and closely pollute Gotham City ‘s entire water system issue with his poison, but Batman was able to stop him. The Joker was successfully incarcerated, but not for long. [ 4 ]
Gotham City Life
Incarceration would prove no obstacle for the Mirthful Menace, and he quickly rose to become one of the circus tent members of Batman ‘s Rogues Gallery. He would find a frequent home in Arkham Asylum, Gotham ‘s local psychiatric mental hospital, where he would most normally find himself imprisoned. Despite the mental hospital ‘s efforts to contain him, he viewed it as sort of a orb doorway, and even a stead to just rest up between his plans. He much committed crime for the diaphanous enjoyment of it, or specifically to cause pain to others, which he sees as contribution of “ the big antic ”. Although not all of his condemnable endeavors earned him money, he must have had a significant savings bank roll, and has had possessions vitamin a hideous as a full moon truck-mounted heat-seeking warhead. [ 5 ] The Joker had a hearty list of significant crimes. His most consistent theme has been personal attacks against Batman, often through loved ones and members of the Batman Family, but he had shown complete indifference as to who his victims were, as it did n’t truly matter to him. Though many feared to form an alliance with the Joker, the Clown Prince of Crime was recruited into a gang of super-villains led by Two-Face to battle Carmine Falcone ‘s criminal empire. As one of his tasks, the Joker had to eliminate Mario Falcone, but the hit was abortive. The group was besides responsible for the Columbus Day Massacre of Gotham ‘s gang bosses, including Bobby “ The Don ” Gazzo. The team disbanded after a struggle with the Hangman and a battle in the Batcave with the newly formed Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin .
Killing the Family
Main articles: Batman: The Killing Joke and Batman: A Death in the Family
Joker had a habit of escaping from Arkham on assorted occasions, but two of these occasions are most celebrated as a solution of his criminal activities after his escapes. On the first affair, Joker set out to show Batman how comfortable it was for even the sanest of people to lose their minds and he attempted to drive Commissioner Gordon harebrained. He arrived at Gordon ‘s house, and before kidnapping him, shot his niece in the spur, then took pictures of her naked, bleed, and in trouble on the floor ; late forcing the Commissioner to behold the atrocity in a slideshow. Although the Joker did not know this when he shot her, James Gordon ‘s niece was actually the go to bed Batgirl. Joker was finally stopped by Batman and his plan to drive Gordon insane had failed, but Barbara was left wheelchair-bound, but revived her vigilante career as Oracle. [ 3 ] Joker was locked away in Arkham, but it was n’t besides long before he escaped once again. This meter, he set out to sell nuclear weapons to terrorists. This plan was foiled by Batman and the new Robin, Jason Todd. After this failure, Joker reached Dr. Sheila Haywood and blackmailed her with her night past. Haywood was Jason ‘s missing mother, coerced into betraying him, and the Joker tied the two of them up together in a warehouse set to blow up after viciously beat Jason with a crowbar. Batman was ineffective to rescue the two of them before the bomb ‘s detonation, and they were both killed in the explosion. [ 6 ] Afterwards Joker became the new Ambassador of Iran, which gave him diplomatic immunity. Considering his new political side allowed him to avoid department of justice, the Joker tried to commit genocide at the United Nations Building, but he was stopped by Superman and Batman, although they could n’t find his body after his apparent demise on his escape attempt. [ 7 ] In reality, Joker had sustained good injuries and was taken to hospital. hush driven by the desire to destroy Batman, Joker manipulated Two-Face from afar, talking to him through a radio and making him believe he was Dent ‘s own subconscious mind speak. Following Joker ‘s instructions, Two-Face organized a series of crimes to kill Batman, but he failed and was finally captured by Batman, Nightwing and a new Robin, a exploitation that Joker found amusing. [ 8 ] however, Joker ‘s injuries were identical serious, and he was out of carry through longer than expected. During this time, he was filled with diffidence and went through a mid-life crisis in which he started to lose his insanity. When a fudge joker appeared in Gotham, Joker decided to return, despite his decrease condition, in decree to set things right. His lack of assurance in his own condemnable genius prevented Joker from being himself again and the fudge Joker was only get the better of thanks to Batman and Gordon. Joker was subsequently captured and taken back to Arkham, where his rabies returned. [ 9 ] [ 10 ] Back to his old self, Joker escaped from Arkham and used Lex Luthor ‘s influence to starts a criminal spree in Metropolis. finally, both criminals double-crossed each early and were stopped by Batman and Superman. [ 11 ]
Main article: Batman: Knightfall When Bane destroyed the walls of Arkham, Joker escaped the facility, but before leaving, he left Dr. Jeremiah Arkham in a death bunker to stall Batman. [ 12 ] A few days by and by, Joker teamed up with Cornelius Stirk and used him in a design to kidnap Commissioner Gordon in club to control the GCPD. His design was foiled when Stirk tried to kill Gordon rather of kidnap him and Joker left Stirk to be captured by Batman. american samoa soon as he was leaving, Joker was approached by Scarecrow and together they teamed up and invaded the family of Mayor Krol. They dosed him with Scarecrow ‘s Fear Toxin and forced Krol to do their will. [ 13 ] Knowing that Firefly was creating fires all around Gotham, Joker and Scarecrow made Krol cause a strike on the union of firefighters in the most desperate of times. [ 14 ] Using Krol, Joker lured the GCPD into a trap, which caused the death of the entire SWAT Team. [ 15 ] Finally, Joker and Scarecow used Krol as bait to lure Batman into a trap in the Gotham River Tunnel. Batman arrived at the place and confronted the villains, but he was dosed with a bang-up come of Fear Gas, which made him recall Jason ‘s death at the hands of Joker and thus, he furiously beat Joker to a pulp. Joker was barely rescued by Scarecrow, who caused the water from the river to fill the tunnel, forcing Batman to rescue Krol and allowed the defeated villains to escape. [ 16 ] After their fail undertake to kill Krol and Batman, Joker and Scarecrow learned of Batman ‘s defeat at Bane ‘s hands. Scarecrow was angered for their bankruptcy and used his fear toxin on Joker. The gasoline had no effect and in rejoinder, Joker attacked Scarecrow and beat him with a professorship, leaving him unconscious mind and ending their partnership. [ 17 ] not retentive after this, Joker set in gesticulate his next schema by pitching an “ autobiographical film ” to a movie studio. [ 18 ] Joker pitched the movie as the “ Death of Batman ”, but when he started his scheme, he realized that Batman was different. After Bane ‘s frustration he had become pitiless, crimson and started using a body armor. [ 19 ] Joker lured Batman into a filmmaking studio, where he planned to eliminate Batman with help oneself from several rent killers. [ 20 ] As Batman knocked down Joker ‘s henchmen, the lunatic realized that this new Batman was a different person and not his long-time enemy. Joker was finally defeated by the new Batman, who broke Joker ‘s weapon and started to brutalize him until the police arrived and restrained the vigilante. Joker was placed in an ambulance headed for Blackgate Penitentiary, but he managed to escape during the transfer and remained on the loose. [ 21 ]
No Man ‘s Land
When Gotham City was classed as a No Man ‘s Land, abandoned by the United States and crime run rampant across township, the Joker was absent for quite a while. Batman besides left Gotham for some time, and while he was away the Joker fair just did n’t think it worth the bother of being active in Gotham. however, when he did appear amidst the already burgeoning chaos, his shock was shocking. A boastfully count of GCPD officers were murdered when he dressed them up in costumes and makeup like to his own so they would wholly be killed by a lone patrol sniper who had a vendetta against the Joker. A boastfully number of innocent patrol officers were shot by their companion. late, he took an entire hospital ward full of newborn infants hostage. When detective Sarah Essen-Gordon, Jim Gordon ‘s wife, arrived on the view, he pointed a gun at her and told her not to move, before throwing a baby at her. Sarah instinctively went to catch the child, and the Joker shot her in the head. queerly, he seemed to take no pleasure in this act. When Gordon found out, his anger led him to the verge of murdering the Joker, only shooting Joker in the knee alternatively. The Joker was immediately concerned about the damage to his leg, worrying that he might never walk again, but promptly cracked up laughing, realizing there was a joke. The Commissioner had just gotten him back for the damage to his niece. [ 22 ]
emperor butterfly Joker
Main article: Superman: Emperor Joker At one point the Joker stole Mister Mxyzptlk ‘s reality-altering might, remaking the entire world into a twist caricature, with everyone stuck in a loop. The Joker entertained himself with respective forms of mangle, such as killing Lex Luthor over and over, and devouring the entire population of China. Ever obsessed with Batman, the Joker tortured and killed his adversary every day, entirely to bring him back to liveliness and do it over again. Superman ‘s powerful will allowed him to fight off the Joker ‘s charm enough to make contact with the weaken Mxyzptlk, who along with a less powerful Spectre, encouraged Superman to work out the Joker ‘s failing before reality was destroyed by the Joker ‘s misuse of Mxyzptlk ‘s might. As clock ran out, Superman realized that the Joker calm could not erase Batman from universe, as the Joker wholly defined himself by his opposition to the Dark Knight ; by this logic, the Joker would be incapable of destroying the integral universe, since he was incapable of doing so to Batman. This broke the Joker ‘s control, and Mxyzptlk and the Spectre reconstructed reality from the moment the Joker disrupted everything. however, Batman was left broken from experiencing multiple deaths and Superman had to erase Batman ‘s memories of these events so that he could go on .
Joker ‘s survive laugh
Main article: Joker’s Last Laugh In an attack to get him to come to terms with his deathrate and have some classify of moral realization, a prison doctor informed the Joker he was going to die of a malignant tumor. rather, the Joker decided he wanted to leave his scar on the populace indelibly and began a chain of chaotic events. He used a random variable compound of the Joker Venom to actually Jokerize all metahuman inhabitants of Slabside Penitentiary, driving them about into the same stipulate he was in, but with the total profit of having every single one of them wholly loyal to him. [ 23 ] The Joker ‘s army ravaged the planet, combating all of earth ‘s heroes, but Batman was finally able to thwart the attacks using an antidote he obtained from Harley Quinn. Harley was angry at the Joker for attempting to impregnate her without marrying her. Nightwing, falsely believing that Robin had been eaten in the ensuing lunacy by Killer Croc, caught up with the Joker and actually beat him to death. Batman, not wanting Nightwing to have lineage on his hands, resuscitated the Joker and saved his life. [ 24 ]
Main article: Batman: Hush Hush and the Riddler convinced and manipulated several other villains into helping in their attack to destroy Batman. part of this include gull Bruce into believing that his childhood supporter Tommy Elliott was the latest victim of the Joker. That brought Batman to the brink of murdering the Joker, and he only stopped when former GCPD commissioner Jim Gordon talked him down, reminding him that by killing the Joker, Batman would become barely another killer whale, and Gordon refused to let the Joker ruin Batman ‘s life in that way. [ 25 ]
Read more : Spider-Man: No Way Home – Wikipedia
Joker began a shoot spree with a high-octane sniper rifle murdering Mayor Dickerson and the Superintendent in order to force the inhabitants of Gotham City to stay inside during the Christmas vacation. He then turned himself in to Gotham ‘s major Crimes unit, before revealing he ‘d planted bombs throughout the city, as a “ Christmas present ” for Batman. This caused the M.C.U. to rush to save countless Christmas shoppers from death. Joker then began a fritter spree within the major Crimes Unit, where he killed several detectives, only to be shoot multiple times by Maggie Sawyer, as his bomb went off, leveling a now evacuated dally shop. Joker recovered from his wounds in the hospital laughing at the slaughter he had caused. [ 26 ]
Under the Hood
Main article: Batman: Under the Hood After Jason Todd was resurrected, he sought revenge against Joker. Todd took over the Red Hood identity and found Joker in an abandon carnival, beating him with a crowbar in interchange of his own assault. [ 27 ] After his recovery, Joker learned of Black Mask ‘s latest schema and confronted the crime overlord who was disguised as Batman. [ 28 ] The real Batman arrived shortly after and knocked the Joker down ahead chasing Black Mask. however, during his fight with the crime overlord, Joker managed to get away. [ 29 ] Sometime late, Joker got a second gamble to take down Black Mask and he shot the crime godhead on the leg. Joker ‘s vendetta against Black Mask was due to the killing of Robin at the hands of Black Mask, as the crime lord was blamed for Stephanie Brown ‘s death. Joker was mad at Black Mask for taking away from him the probability to kill another Robin. [ 30 ] Batman arrived at the scene and stopped the fight, delivering both criminals to the police and Joker was sent back to Arkham Asylum. [ 31 ] A few days former, Red Hood abducted the Joker and held him hostage at Crime Alley, beating him without mercy until Batman arrived. [ 32 ] Jason tried to force Batman to kill Joker and then he threatened to do it himself. however, Batman defeated Jason and Joker seized the chance to create havoc by taking a gun and shooting a box of explosives, blowing up the stallion build up. [ 33 ]
Main article: Infinite Crisis
The Joker was one of highly few villains not drafted into Alexander Luthor ‘s Secret Society of Super-Villains. Unlike many of the early villains, such as Catman, the Joker actually wanted to be a extremity of the Society, but the higher-level members would n’t let him join, which enraged him. While slaughtering a outgrowth of the Royal Flush Gang on his warpath, the Joker was actually laughed at by the King who said “ Do n’t you get it ? The Joker ‘s excessively wild ! ” He then electrocuted him with his joy doorbell, before walking away and saying to himself, “ That ‘s not funny ”. After the Society had been defeated, while Alex Luthor was planning what to do following, he was ambushed by the real Lex Luthor and the Joker. Before allowing his barbarous murder, Lex just told his counterpart “ You should ‘ve let the Joker gambling. ” [ 34 ]
For a period, the majority of Earth ‘s villains were deported to the Hell Planet, where the Joker became responsible for one of the factions. They were largely non-constructive and attempted to steal food and supplies from Lex Luthor ‘s group, who were trying to find a manner to escape. The conflict ended in one-on-one fisticuffs between Luthor and the Joker. Although the pit was closely even, the Joker ultimately get the better of Lex, merely before the entire villain community was forced to unite against an oncoming Parademon attack. [ 35 ] Joker finally escaped the planet along with most of the other villains. [ 36 ]
Jimmy Olsen interviewed an imprison joker about the mangle of Duela Dent, who had called herself “ The Joker ‘s Daughter. ” The Joker stated that he never had a daughter but expressed awareness of the Multiverse and shifts in world .
The Clown at Midnight
A unbalance police military officer impersonating Batman, named Josef Muller, shot the Joker in the face, leaving him physically scarred and disabled. [ 37 ] After having undergo across-the-board plastic operating room and physical therapy, The Joker reappeared with a drastic raw appearance, with scars running from the corners of his talk senior high school onto his boldness, and affliction sometimes referred to as a “ Glasgow smile. ” While in intensive care at Arkham, the Joker had developed a new, more deadly discrepancy of Joker Venom, and instructed Harley Quinn to use it to kill his former henchmen to signal his apparitional “ reincarnation. ” He went on a rampage through Arkham, attempting to murder Harley ( her death being the final “ punchline ” of his reincarnation ) before being stopped by Batman. [ 38 ]
Batman R.I.P .
Main article: Batman R.I.P. Joker was locked in his cellular telephone in Arkham when Batman showed up and attacked the Scarecrow in presence of Joker ‘s cell. Batman opened the cell, manacle Joker to a shriek and proceeded to torture Crane on the Joker ‘s toilet, much to the lunatic ‘s delight. After Crane confessed his crime, Batman left the place and Joker was grateful with him for letting him witness such a great performance. [ 39 ] not farseeing after this, Joker was offered a position on Doctor Hurt ‘s conspiracy “ the Black Glove “ and murdered several people in Arkham as contribution of the plan. [ 40 ] Joker joined Black Glove on the condition that they let him have Robin, and not long after this, Guy Dax freed Joker from his cell. [ 41 ] Joker attacked Dax and mutilated his face after going for his henchmen, and after a while, he attacked El Sombrero, apparently killing him. Joker went to Hurt, and curtly after he faced Batman who had been lured to Arkham. During the fight, Joker cut his clapper and caused Batman to have a mental breakdown. [ 42 ] After the Black Glove buried Batman active, Joker warned them that the Dark Knight would rise again and eliminate them all. then, Joker hijacked an ambulance and escaped Arkham, but was pushed off a bridge by the Batmobile driven by Damian Wayne. [ 43 ]
Joker soon resurfaced under the guise of british journalist/detective Oberon Sexton. At the like prison term however, he operated as the Domino Killer, killing members of the Black Glove one by one. Dick Grayson, who had taken up the Batman mantle, confronted Oberon about all the Domino killings actually being a adjust everyday of jokes. Oberon removed his mask to reveal the Joker smile at his honest-to-god foe, the fastball wind to the head apparently healed. After the Joker was arrested once more, he underestimated the newest Robin, Damian Wayne, by trying to win the Boy Wonder ‘s pity. He received a beat with a crowbar from Robin who he realized was the son of his old foe after noting the resemblance between the child and the original Batman. The officers at GCPD ignored the Joker ‘s plea for serve after they concluded that Robin could handle the villain well. however, the Joker ‘s apparent helplessness was so far another ruse. Feigning injuries from Robin ‘s assault, he scratched Robin with a paralyze toxin painted onto his fingernails and revealed that he had once again manipulate events toward his own ends, mocking Robin for going so far as to provide his own crowbar. Appropriating Robin ‘s utility knock, the Joker escaped to execute his attack on the Black Glove, unleashing his signature malice on an audience gathered under Professor Pyg ( via tainted popcorn ) and guiding Batman and his allies to a climactic confrontation. The Joker had Robin bind and gagged and possessed a nuclear weapon. Help arrived in the shape of the original Batman who aided his successor and his son in their struggle against the Black Glove and the Clown Prince of Crime at Wayne Manor and the Batcave. The Joker infected Dr. Hurt with Joker Toxin and buried him alive. The second Batman pursued and captured the Joker, while the original Dark Knight, Robin, and Alfred Pennyworth disarmed the Clown Prince of Crime ‘s weapon and defeated the remaining Black Glove members .
The Black Mirror
Main article: Batman: The Black Mirror finally the Joker escaped from Arkham again by ingesting a assortment of venom and alcohol which secreted through his pores, making him poisonous to the touch. [ 44 ] Gordon ‘s ex-wife Barbara was attacked with more toxin and Batman hunted the Joker down to an underground lair. They fought while Joker refused to acknowledge Dick Grayson as a worthy successor to “ his ” Batman, but in frustration, he insisted he never touched Gordon ‘s wife. [ 45 ] It was James Gordon, Jr. who broke the Joker out of Arkham and attacked his own mother with toxin, using her as a diversion while he kidnapped his baby, Oracle. [ 46 ]
This section of the history takes place during Convergence, a massive crossover event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains This section of the history takes invest during, a massive crossover voter event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains Brainiac and Telos plucked them from their own timeline and stored them together, causing them to cross over into each others ‘ world. Its precise chronological placement and canonicity may be indecipherable. After Earth 2 ‘s Batman sacrificed himself to kill a large number of the New Earth Batman ‘s villains, Joker approached Dick Grayson of Earth 2 and shot him, paralyzing him in a manner much like that of Barbara Gordon. shortly after, he was executed by Telos by breaking his neck, Telos believing him to be hideous no matter which universe he came from. [ 47 ]
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: Due to his chemical submergence, Joker gained beyond average advantages over normal humans as well as further exposure tainting his physiology.
- Pain Resistance: It was speculated that the Joker’s exposure to chemicals may have heightened his resistance to pain. It was also implied that he was masochistic in nature, and thus enjoyed any pain received, making it an ineffective way of dealing with him.
- Tainted Blood: Joker’s blood was tainted. It was said that “being an avid consumer of his products, Joker’s immunity to poisons has been built up over years of dedicated abuse.” When a mosquito sucked the Joker’s blood, it “writhes and whines, choking on tainted blood”.
- Toxic Immunity: The Joker was immune to his own venom as well as various similar toxins.
- Cheating Death: The Joker cheated death numerous times, even in seemingly inescapable and lethal situations. He has been, among other things, caught in explosions, electrocuted, shot repeatedly, and dropped from great heights, but he always returns to once again wreak havoc.
- Cosmic Awareness: The Joker has, at times, shown to be fully aware of being a comic book character, even directly talking to the reader. However, most other characters ignore this, believing it to be a manifestation of his insanity.
- Omnipotence (Formerly)
- Indomitable Will: The Joker’s insanity, or his frame of mind, made him immune to the Spectre’s judgement, though warranted. Batman once explained that the Joker doesn’t actually know what was right and wrong, a crucial understanding the Spectre needed to judge. In a way, one had to know one’s deeds are evil or wrong for the Spectre to judge, and the Joker doesn’t. Also, both Jim Corrigan and Hal Jordan’s Spectre have had major problems with navigating the Joker’s mind, Corrigan even managed to get lost in it and Jordan literally was blasted out of his boots to the moon when he tried.
- Genius Level Intellect: The Joker was highly intelligent and skilled in the fields of chemistry and engineering, as well an expert with explosives. He was capable of hijacking television and radio broadcasts.
- Gadgetry: The Joker commits crimes with countless “comedic” weapons such as; razor-sharp playing cards, acid-spewing flowers, cyanide pies, lethally electric joy buzzers and his signature Joker venom.
- Tactical Analysis
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): The Joker was moderately skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Although Batman was stronger, the Joker was faster and more agile, and his fighting style was chaotic and difficult to predict. The Joker had been known to be able to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat against Batman, however every time he was subdued it was through physical force. However, the Joker has proven to be very skilled in the area of martial arts as well, this being proven when beating the Batman once in a fight without “cheating”. Joker even managed to murder 12 League of Assassins ninjas, after temporarily escaping from Ra’s al Ghul.
- Intimidation: Joker was adept at torturing his victims endlessly, including shooting Batgirl, torturing Robin to death and beating Damian into submission.
- Joker Venom: A deadly poison that infected his victims with a ghoulish rictus grin as they died while laughing uncontrollably. This venom came in many forms, from gas to darts to liquid poison, and was his primary calling card.
- Joker Teeth: A common weapon and theme for equipment for the Joker were “Joker Teeth.” Clacking, wind-up gag teeth were commonly used to mock the Dark Knight and his allies. They were one of the Joker’s signature items.
- Various Joker Gadgets: Razor-sharp playing cards, acid flower, various guns like Bang! flag pistols and other weaponry. The Joker was unpredictable in that he would use any kind of weapon afforded him.
- Joker’s Joy Buzzer: The Joker often used a modified novelty joy buzzer strapped to the palm of his hand. The buzzer administered a lethal dose of electricity into anyone who came into contact with it.
- Explosives: Joker was an expert at bomb making and even bought nuclear weapons. He loved using time bombs and used grenades in battle, though they may be disguised as harmless objects like toys, dolls, balls or marbles.
- The Joker’s insanity appeared to be a strange mixture of violently aggressive psychopathy, nihilism, and fixated narcissism. He was frequently shown to have no regard for human life and treated the pain and suffering of others as personal sport.
- While frequent attempts had been made to diagnose the Joker’s ‘insanity’, none were consistently proven successful. Every attempt to cure him had proven completely fruitless, as the Joker actively and energetically resisted separation from his madness. He spent the majority of his time in Arkham Asylum, a somewhat inadequate facility which he and other inmates came to view as sort of a home. The Joker was able to escape from the Asylum almost at will and did so disturbingly frequently. He treated it like a resting place between his criminal exploits.
- During the events of “Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth”, it was hypothesized by Arkham psychologists that the Joker actually existed in a state of almost “super-sanity”. It was speculated that he redefined his own personality every day. This explained why he sometimes acted as a horribly sadistic lunatic one day, while being a simple mischievous clown the next.
- One person who still saw some humanity in the Joker was the Martian Manhunter. When the Joker gained the Philosopher’s Stone and tried to create chaos on Earth, J’onn was able to order the Joker’s mind and cause temporary sanity, where the Joker expressed regret and remorse for his actions and became desperate for a means to make up for them.
- In his transformation after his deformity, Joker adopted a much more sinister personality, no longer telling jokes the way he formerly did. However due to the Joker’s nature of altering his personality, he abandoned this new personality from time to time.
- Day of Judgment featured Martian Manhunter taking the Spectre into the Joker’s mind, along with the rest of the Justice League. He was attempting to show the Spirit of Vengeance that there was decency and humanity even in the most corrupted and evil of souls. Although most of Joker’s mind was a horrible twisted hellish place full of demons, deep down, at its heart, there is a kindly couple living in a small domicile separate from all of the anger and torment. This revelation proved that there is some good to be found in all people.
- Nicknames for the character include The Clown Prince of Crime, The Thin White Duke of Death, The Harlequin of Hate, The Ace of Knaves, The Mirthful Menace and The Jester of Genocide.
- Joker was so “insane” that Deadman was barely able to possess him for even a few seconds.
- Superman does not care about the Joker, if the situation ever arise that he needed to kill him, he would do it. He finds the Joker to be nothing that’s full of uncertainties, a nobody trying to hog an imaginary spotlight. But he does find him smart and dangerous.
| Batman Villain(s)
This fictional character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a hale. This template will categorize articles that include it into the class “ Batman Villains. ”
|Justice League Villain
This quality is or was chiefly an foe of the Justice League, in any of its diverse incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category “ Justice League Villains. ”
| Injustice League member
This character is or was a extremity of the Injustice League, a nefarious counterpart to the Justice League, in any of its versatile incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the “ Injustice League members “ category.
“When? How? Where? What? Why? – Life’s full of questions, isn’t it?”
This article contains information that has not This article contains information that has not been verified. You can help the DC Database by adding authentic sources in order to bring this article to a higher standard of choice .
| Robin Villain(s)
This character, team or constitution, is or was chiefly an foe of any of the unseasoned heroes who have been known as Robin. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category “ Robin villains. ”
|Justice League member
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its versatile incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect land from both interstellar and domestic threats.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the “ Justice League of America members “ class .