Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Warner Bros. Animation
May 5, 2020 (digital download)
May 19, 2020 (Blu-ray)
Reading: Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
Constantine: The House of Mystery
Images Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is the one-sixteenth enliven film in the DC Animated Movie Universe and an indirect sequel to Justice League: War released in 2014. The film was announced at San Diego Comic-Con in 2019. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War was released on May 5th 2020 .
Culminating a six-year travel that began with Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox in 2013, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War finds Earth decimated after intergalactic tyrant Darkseid has devastated the DC Super Heroes. now the remaining bastions of beneficial – the Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad and assorted others – must regroup, strategize and take the war to Darkseid to save the planet and its surviving inhabitants in this epic poem finale that will forever end the DC Animated Movie Universe
- “Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can, and have the wisdom to know the difference“
- —Nora Allen, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
The New God Darkseid has been on the warpath, destroying worlds throughout the universe and making his way towards Earth, building a authoritarian empire from his ardent home plate of Apokolips. Following his two failed invasions of Earth during Justice League : War and Reign of the Supermen, the Justice League cook to launch a counter-attack on Apokolips, while adolescent Titans remain on earth to defend it. Unbeknownst to the heroes, Darkseid is spying on them through Cyborg ‘s Apokolyptian engineering and is mindful of their design. Upon their arrival at Apokolips, the League is decimated by Darkseid ‘s Paradooms : genetic hybrids of Parademons and Doomsday. John Constantine flees from the battle, leaving his lover, Zatanna, to die. Two years late, Darkseid ‘s forces have taken over Earth. The earth ‘s population is well diminished and much of the Earth is a barren. In a London public house, Constantine and the devil Etrigan are attempting to drown their sorrows when they are approached by Raven and a depowered Superman. Clark reveals that some of the heroes were spared and used for other purposes : Batman was brainwashed and made to serve as Darkseid ‘s right man, Lex Luthor became the New God ‘s representative on Earth, Wonder Woman, Mera, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, and Starfire were fused with Apokolips technology and became Darkseid ‘s enforcers, called the Furies. last, Superman was infused with fluid Kryptonite to deprive him of his abilities, and forced to wander his home with the cognition of what his fail plan had brought. Clark tells Constantine that Darkseid is using three devices called The Planet Reapers to drain the Earth of its melt core, which will destabilize and destroy the planet if successful. silent feeling guilty over the death of Zatanna, Constantine agrees to join the two on their mission, with Etrigan tagging along a well. raven teleports the group to the League of Assassins outpost in Nanda Parbat, the act hard weakening her, due to her church father Trigon ‘s attempts to escape his charming prison after Raven captured him. The group is attacked by the Assasins, but their leader Damian Wayne calls them off. once a member of the Teen Titans as Robin, Damian left following Darkseid ‘s invasion to lead his late grandfather ‘s organization. Save for Raven, Nightwing, and Superboy, all his teammates were killed or captured. Though he wrongfully blames Clark for everything that happened, Damian agrees to join them on their quest to stop Darkseid. He besides hopes that he ‘ll be able to save his father, Batman, from Darkseid ‘s command, or kill him if he is beyond saving. The group teleports to Stryker ‘s Island in Metropolis, where Clark ‘s wife Lois Lane has recruited the Suicide Squad for their operation, including Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, King Shark, Bane, Black Manta, and Cheetah. Damian and Raven reconcile their feelings for one another, while the heroes prepare their final assault. As Batwing, Batwoman, Batgirl and Black Orchid fight the North Sea Reaper, Shazam, Steel, and Superboy against the China Reaper and Swamp-Thing battles the Congo Reaper, Clark and his team will infiltrate LexCorp Tower and use its teleporter to transport themselves to Apokolips, where they ‘ll overload Apokolip ‘s world power generator and destroy Darkseid ‘s planet, ending the New God ’ s empire once and for all. After fighting through many of LexCorp ‘s soldier, the heroes make their way to the teleporter. They come font to face with Lex Luthor, who reveals that he ‘s been their informant on the at heart of Darkseid ‘s organization. He arranges their exile to Apokolips while he stays behind with Lois and the Suicide Squad. Batman, discovering Luthor ‘s perfidy, sends Paradooms to attack the Lexcorp build.
Read more : Captain America – Wikipedia
With Darkseid presently away conquering the green Lantern home satellite Oa, Clark, Robin, Raven, John, and Etrigan makes their way to the independent fortress to end the New God ‘s reign of terror. Before they can enter, the heroes are ambushed by the Furies. Etrigan dies, but Constantine manages to free Wonder Woman from her thinker see ; she stays behind to fend off the early heroes while the remaining four head inside. There, they discover that Flash is still alive, imprisoned to run on a treadmill that powers Apokolips. After Clark frees him, they find a level Cyborg, who has been infused with the identical technological network of Apokolips, making it impossible for him to be freed. Batman arrives with Darkseid. The two of them proceed to viciously attack the heroes, with Damian ‘s attempts to free his father of the New God ‘s control abortive. lone when Batman has Damien on his knees and at the former ’ second mercy is when Batman snaps out of it. Seeing Damien ’ s helplessness reminds Batman of his own powerlessness when his parents were killed, joining the other heroes once more. Batman is able to wound Darkseid with Damien ’ randomness sword, and in retaliation, Darkseid used his omega Beams on Batman, but Damien shields his beget at the cost of his own animation. As a last-ditch campaign, Constantine frees Trigon from Raven ‘s prison, offering himself as a host to fight Darkseid. alternatively, the devil posses ‘ Superman, which burns the liquid kryptonite from his body, they then proceed to kill Constantine by snapping his neck, before challenging The Lord of Apokolips. As Lois and her allies prepare to destroy the Lexcorp build back on Earth, which will destroy both the Paradooms and themselves, she sends a adieu message to Superman on Apokolips. Under his own control, Batman manages to get a part of Clark ’ s mech lawsuit that has acts as a communicator with the Earth Team, to a newly self aware Cyborg, who then projects this video around the bedroom. Lois ‘s death manages to free Superman of Trigon ’ s see ; this last act of Lois helps Superman take back control condition of his body from Trigon, and the two separate. Darkseid traps Trigon ’ s essence in a ball made from his Omega Beams before engaging in another fight with Superman. apparently in the afterlife, Constantine is reunited with Zatanna, who reveals that she used her magic to make him flee from the fight and that he did n’t abandon her. After professing their love for them, Zatanna and Raven revive John and Damian respectivly. Raven and Constantine then combine their magics to give Trigon his physical form, so he can once again challenge Darkseid, this time on his own, knowing he won ’ t leave the battle alert. Trigon thanks Raven for the prospect to end Darkseid and himself on his own terms. Cyborg teleports all the heroes back to Earth while he sacrifices his own life to destroy Apokolips, obliterating the planet in a blacken hole. At the ruins of Titans Tower, despite their victory, Batman reveals that the Reapers managed to drain 31 % of the Earth ‘s fade effect, which will disrupt the planet ‘s orbit and take one billion more lives before they can find a solution. constantine informs the Flash that he needs to run back in time and create another Flashpoint, despite the speedster swearing to Iris that he ‘d never do it again. Though reluctant, Barry agrees that careless of the results, while it wo n’t be perfect, it would still be a better global than the present. Watching as their timeline gets readjust, Damian and Raven share their lone kiss as the heroes remain optimistic about their future as they disappear into the nameless .
In addition, Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Mera, Katar Hol/Hawkman, Dick Grayson/Nightwing, Koriand ‘ r/ Starfire, Roy Harper/Speedy, Karen Beecher/Bumblebee, Garfield Logan/Beast Boy, Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle, Donna Troy/ Wonder Girl, Conner Kent/Superboy, Wallace West/Kid Flash, Black Orchid, Kate Kane/Batwoman, Luke Fox/Batwing, Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, John Henry Irons/Steel, Barbara Minerva/Cheetah, David Hyde/Black Manta, Bane, Kilowog, and Guy Gardner/Green Lantern all appear in a non-speaking capability .
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War has received largely convinced reviews, with critics praising the movie ‘s report, commission, and spokesperson act .
Pre-release information :
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is a sequel to Justice League Dark. However on February 22nd 2020, it was revealed that Apokolips War is actually an indirect sequel to Justice League: War.
- In October 2019, the film was renamed to Justice League Dark: Apocalypse, however it was reverted back to Apokolips War in December 2019.
- Rumors say its a loose adaptation of Darkseid War.
- In December 2019, A new key-art cover was released for the film.
- CORRECTION – Leaked images have show the Teen Titans are going to be in the film as will the Justice League, this film will likely reprise most actors from previous films.
- A trailer for the film will release with Superman: Red Son bonus features, just like previous animation previews.
- This is set to be the biggest animation film in terms of how many characters and cast, as it was confirmed that the film includes the Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, and Justice League Dark .
- According to the sneak peek for the film, Apokolips War will serve as the finale of the DC Animated Movie Universe. This was later proven to be correct.
- In 2020, it was revealed during its sneak peek that mainstream director Sam Liu will not direct the film. Instead, duo directors Christina Sotta and Matt Peters will be directing the film. Mairghread Scott was revealed to write the film. This is Liu’s first film to not direct in the DCAU, after 4 years.
- It was revealed also Frederik Wiedmann will not compose the score but Robert J. Kral will instead. However in the credits, Wiedmann was credited as composer.
- On March 2nd 2020, the first trailer was released for the film.
- Apokolips War is set to release in Spring 2020, so from April-June time.
- Apokolips War seems to have a time-skip in the film, as for this, some characters look older such as Raven, Damian Wayne and more.
- The film was released on May 5, 2020 (Digital download) and on May 19, 2020 (Blu-Ray).
Justice League Dark Apokolips War Etrigan vs. League of Assassins Justice League Dark Apokolips War Paradooms
- The film’s ending is similar to that of the Justice League episode “Hereafter,” in which a Justice League member goes back in time to alter the timeline in which a super-villain wins and dooms Earth.
- The visual way the film concludes also apparently draws inspiration from the Justice League: Rock of Ages storyline, in which a mortal Orion uses a Genesis Box to remake the future timeline without Darkseid in it.
- The way Darkseid successfully takes over Earth apparently draws inspiration from the Final Crisis storyline, whereas his fight with Trigon draws inspiration from Darkseid War.
- Constantine would later be found guilty by The Spectre for messing with powers beyond his control in Constantine: The House of Mystery; even though the fault of two timeline wipes are due to Reverse Flash and Darkseid.