|This is the article on Menma from the movie. For Menma from the anime, head to Menma. For other uses, see Menma (disambiguation).|
Menma Uzumaki ( うずまきメンマ, Uzumaki Menma ) is a character that appears in Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie as the chief antagonist. He is the son of Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze in the alternate universe of Konohagakure, frankincense making him the “ Naruto Uzumaki “ of that populace. He is besides the jinchūriki of Kurama ‘s counterpart : the Black Nine-Tails .
Menma was born as the son of his world ‘s interpretation of Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki. however, unlike Naruto, the events of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox ‘s Attack did n’t result in his parent ‘s deaths and Menma has his parents in his life. He had a stable and loving childhood with his parents. He enrolled into the Academy and became a genin and then a chūnin. At some point, the Black Nine-Tails was safely removed from Kushina without her death and soon after sealed inside Menma, who later mastered its ability. For unknown reasons, Menma became a missing-nin, though this was notably something reasonably late since both Menma ‘s parents and his friends were unaware that he had left the greenwich village and that Naruto had taken Menma ‘s set in Konoha. In addition, Menma began kidnapping shinobi with rare Kekkei Genkai, which attracted attention from the other villages and deemed him as an S-ranked criminal. He soon met Tobi who tells him all about his eye of the Moon Plan and agreed to help him. From there, targeting the jinchūriki of his world, Menma defeated his reality ‘s Yugito Nii .
Menma was referred as ambitious, noted to collect hiden techniques a good as kekkei genkai in order to have control over the shinobi world. Menma lacks retainer when it comes to trying to killing person. He has been shown to be arrogant, belittling Sakura during their confrontation. In accession, Menma was disgusted by the feel that Naruto gave him, a feel that grew stronger when he realised that Naruto was precisely the same as him, solidifying his dissolve in wanting to kill Naruto. This stems from the Nine-Tails ‘ hate and Obito ‘s manipulation.
Reading: Menma Uzumaki
Menma looks virtually identical to Naruto, though his blond hair has become blacken having given into hatred, and he wears it in a longer and more shaggy-looking style, similar to his forefather ‘s. He besides has dark and more feral-looking whisker marks, and dark circles under his eyes. He besides does not have the Eight Trigrams Seal on his abdomen .
When initially appearing as the cryptic “ Masked man, ” he wore a white kitsune mask, a dark blue-grey robe with grey lining and a fur choker, and a tattered grey-blue cape emblazoned with his personal emblem : a mandala comprised of nine red-brown circles of varying sizes atop a larger green-grey lap. After revealing his identity, he discarded the gown and mask, below which he wore no shirt, fingerless opera-length black gloves wrapped in dot red-brown leather straps, baggy black pants, and red-brown sandals .
A missing-nin and S-ranked condemnable, Menma is considered a highly dangerous ninja, able to effortlessly defeat other jinchūriki like Yugito Nii arsenic well as several of Konohagakure ‘s top-level ninja. As a descendant of the Uzumaki kin, Menma is blessed with remarkable stamina and an equally potent life-force, granting him enormous animation and an vastly retentive likely life. After being possessed by Tobi, Menma gained a Sharingan in his right eye and access of many of its abilities, including Tobi ‘s Kamui for teleportation and intangibility .
As the jinchūruki of the Black Nine-Tails, Menma possesses huge reserves of particularly potent chakra. Unlike Naruto, he lacks the seal that restrains the Black Nine-Tails, allowing it to greatly augment his might. Although he does n’t display any kind of chase animal transformations, he is able to completely unleash the fox, using it in a manner like to a muster. Menma ‘s hate has allowed him to shackle with and better master the Black Nine-Tails, and he is able to create and control living entities composed of its chakra, which are known as the Nine Masked Beasts. Menma besides shows the ability to sense negative emotions, able to detect the hard hate of Kurama inside Naruto .
Menma ‘s abilities are basically the lapp as Naruto ‘s, and he has developed understudy versions of Naruto ‘s key signature techniques called Spiralling Ring and Great Spiralling Ring, but unlike his counterpart, Menma can perform them without the function of trace clones. He besides has an ability to blast away targets and repel enemy attacks. He was able to counter a sage Mode -powered punch through the use of a cryptic proficiency that created a dark aura that increased his potency to obscureness. He can besides fly about freely in the sky .
Read more : Umi ga Kikoeru
Menma has showcased fantastic skill in taijutsu. Menma even when out numbered by multiple enemies such as Naruto ‘s shadow clones, remained calm and easily defeated all of them, easily dodging and counter-attacking simultaneously. Menma ‘s potency was augmented by the chakra of the Black Nine-Tails inside of him, plus he lacked Eight Trigrams Seals which meant the Black Nine-Tails ‘ chakra could be well accessed immediately .
After meeting Tobi, Menma enters Konoha and attack the Hokage ‘s function with his Nine Masked Beasts and asks for the Red Moon Scroll. Naruto and Sakura then arrived and realised that he was the cloaked man Tsunade was talking about, and that he is plotting with Tobi. He overpowers Naruto and Sakura, kidnapping the latter to switch over for the scroll. He then uses Great Spiralling Ring, destroying the area of Konoha and leaves .
As Naruto arrives, he attacks him and asked for the Red Moon Scroll once again. He then summoned up his Nine Masked Beasts and tries to kill Naruto but is stopped by the Akatsuki. He then starts to fight Naruto himself and clashes his Spiralling Ring with Naruto ‘s Wind release : Rasenshuriken. Upon doing thus destroys his mask and reveals himself to be Naruto ‘s counterpart and the actual Menma. He then called forth his defeated Nine Masked Beasts and merges them to summon the Black Nine-Tails. As Menma overwhelms Naruto, the Nine-Tails berates Naruto for being defeated by a fudge, however, not wanting to be trapped into a populace controlled by Tobi, it offered a armistice to fight their adversaries together, to which Naruto complies. As the battle comes to an end, Naruto and Menma exchange their final blows and Naruto knocks Menma out .
Tobi then takes see of Menma ‘s body and personally begins to extract the Nine-Tails out of Naruto. Naruto then tries to use the Red Moon Scroll but fails as Tobi cuts the scroll, causing Naruto to look into Tobi ‘s Sharingan. As the Nine-Tails was beginning to be extracted, Sakura steps in and stops the extraction. Naruto then gets up and defeats the control Menma, alike to how Minato defeated Tobi. Tobi leaves Menma ‘s body and proceeds to fight Naruto and Sakura before falling back into their reality. Minato and Kushina then arrived and quickly checks upon Menma, who reverts back to his original state. Naruto and Sakura then transport second to their original world after saying their goodbyes .
In early Media
Menma Uzumaki is a playable character in the come television games :
Read more : Best Studio Ghibli Movies, Ranked
- “Menma” is the name of a Japanese condiment consisting of fermented bamboo shoots, which is also found in ramen. This is a parallel to where Naruto’s name originates.
- During the conceptual phase of production he was only known as the Masked Man ( 仮面の男, Kamen no Otoko) and Black Naruto ( 黒ナルト, Kuro Naruto); the name Menma Uzumaki was decided at a later point.
- His surname was first officially confirmed to be Uzumaki in a Studio Pierrot production blog entry.
- Studio Pierrot’s production blog suggests that while Naruto took after Kushina, Menma’s personality may have once been similar to Minato’s.
- Menma is the only Genjutsu World counterpart whose name is different from his real self.
- A reason for Menma being the only character that has a different name in the Genjutsu World could be that the naruto condiment in Naruto’s ramen became replaced with the menma condiment a little before Naruto was sent to the Genjutsu World.
- An alternate possibility is that the Jiraiya in that world named the character in “The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi” Menma instead of Naruto.
- The point where Menma uses his Great Spiralling Ring to destroy most of Konoha is similar to Pain’s attack on Konoha. His methods of combat also greatly resemble Pain’s more than Naruto’s, relying on the Nine Masked Beasts in similar fashion to the Six Paths of Pain (though it can be meant to be similar to Shadow Clone Technique instead), as well as using a technique very similar to the Shinra Tensei.
- Menma is the only counterpart to interact with the original, as Naruto and Sakura were the only two to enter the Genjutsu World and Sakura’s counterpart was displaced into the real world, as depicted in “Road to Sakura.”
- (Summoning the Nine Masked Beasts) “Nine Masked Svāhā… Azure, White, Vermilion, Black, Sky, South, North, Three, Jewel… Nine Masked Beasts!” ( 「九面薩婆訶…青・白・朱・玄・空・南・北・三・玉…九面獣 ! 」, “Kumen Sowaka… Sei, Byaku, Shu, Gen, Kū, Nan, Hoku, San, Gyoku… Kumenjū!”)