| SPOILER warn
This article contains HEAVY SPOILERS for the My Hero Academia manga. Please read at your own risk.
Reading: Mirio Togata
“ A global without smiles and wit has no bright future. ” No offense intended, buddy ! That ‘s equitable my motto .Mirio Togata to Katsuki Bakugo in Hero-Saturated Society
- Mirio Togata
- Biographical Information
- Personal Description
- First Appearance
- Battles & Events
- chapter Appearances
- Anime Appearances
- Site Navigation
通 (とお) 形 (がた) ミリオ
Rumirion ? ) [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Chiba Prefecture [ 2 ]
U.A. High School
The Big 3
Shie Hassaikai Raid Team
Minami Wakana (Child)
Megan Shipman (Child)
Image Gallery Mirio Togata Images Mirio Togata ( 通 ( とお ) 形 ( がた ) ミリオ, Tōgata Mirio ? ), besides known as Lemillion ( ルミリオン, Rumirion ? ), is a scholar in Class 3-B [ 2 ] at U.A. High School and is function of the The Big 3. Mirio was primitively the top candidate to become All Might ‘s successor and the heir of One For All before he met Izuku Midoriya .
Mirio is a tall young homo with a very muscular build who possesses a phone number of obtrusive scars around his lower arms. Mirio ‘s design is very unique due to his aristocratic egg-shaped eyes, draw in a simplistic style with no visible sclera, and intrude which is prominently rounder than most others. He has blond hair, the circus tent part of which is arranged in a cowlick, while the bottom section is careworn sweep back. In his school uniform, Mirio dresses like most of the male students, without the blazer. He wears a knock with a big, rectangular fortunate buckle in the form of a carnivorous mouth. Before becoming a extremity of the Big 3, Mirio had long hair that he wore tied into a ponytail. It is assumed that he cut it so the support department could use it to manufacture him a hero costume that would work aboard his oddity. In his hero costume, Mirio wears a whiten skintight top with the number “ 1000000 ” ( one million ) stamped across his chest in a boldface, yellow font. The trimming on the top and shoulder pads are made in a match manner. On his shank, two green lines act as a swath, along with some lines of exchangeable appearance on his shoulders, which dip in places to form two V ’ randomness. Mirio besides wears baggy dark amobarbital sodium pants and white knee-high boots. He wears a red cape angstrom well as thick gloves of matching color. Mirio ‘s costume is then topped off with a white visor with chicken lenses .
Mirio normally comes across as an highly cockamamie and very energetic individual with some particular habits. Going entirely based on his personality, many tend to question how Mirio is one of U.A. ‘s top students. Mirio has a very optimistic attitude and can about always be found smiling. His personality is what led Sir Nighteye to believe that he could be the one to replace All Might as the symbol of peace. [ 3 ] Mirio is known for his odd sense of humor. His jokes range from bromidic to puerile, occasionally making a gull of himself for the sake of others ‘ enjoyment. One such case was when he stuck his cloaked butt through the bushes as a creature of sorts when introducing Class 1-A to Eri. Mirio does not allow his laid-back nature to cloud his judgment or impede his pipe dream of becoming a bomber. He has proven to be an extremely hard actor, turning a near-unmasterable ability into one of the world ‘s most mighty Quirks. Mirio is constantly looking for ways to improve his skills and tries to work toward his goals by accumulating different experiences to learn from them. [ 4 ] When he was a belittled child, Mirio unintentionally fell into a river but was saved by a Pro Hero. This consequence marked his decision to besides become a hero to save others. Knowing he ca n’t rescue everyone, Mirio chose the hero name “ Lemillion ” because he aspires to save at least one million people. Despite Mirio ‘s uplift personality, he can suffer from failure just like everyone else. He has an excellent sympathy of bomber protocols and can control his emotions proficiently in order to see the bigger word picture. [ 1 ] Lemillion and Deku acted for the greater good when they chose to allow Eri to leave with Overhaul. however, their failure to rescue her torment them once they found out the accuracy. This put a large damper on Mirio ‘s normally cheerful personality and burdened him with huge guilt, which drove him to promise to never let Eri come to harm again, a promise he would keep no count what. [ 5 ] Mirio is besides extremely brave and, in contrast to his laid-back nature, he is experienced in dealing with dangerous people and is not easily scared. He was able to talk to Overhaul in his normal, cheerful manner despite knowing about his background as a dangerous yakuza member. [ 1 ] He besides went ahead of the entire combined bomber force during the Shie Hassaikai Raid and combated Overhaul, Chronostasis, Deidoro Sakaki, and Shin Nemoto all by himself. [ 6 ] Alongside his fearlessness, Mirio has shown to be confident in his abilities. He knew he could take on all of Class 1-A to teach them a lesson and was even bluff enough to face four of the Shie Hassaikai members alone. Mirio clearly believes in his potency and always shouts “ power ! ” after winning a fight. [ 4 ] [ 6 ] Lemillion repeatedly displays the values of a true bomber. He risked his life and even sacrificed his oddity to protect Eri. Despite knowing how it would negatively affect his career, Mirio allowed his quirk to be destroyed in order to inspire Eri and keep his predict to never let her know pain again. It was Mirio ‘s fearlessness that allowed Eri to awaken and set the way for the heroes to defeat the Yakuza. Lemillion even continued fighting after losing his quirk and protected Eri from Overhaul. His incredible doggedness caused Shin Nemoto to question whether he was even human. [ 7 ] Despite losing his quirk and his mentor following the raid, Mirio remains steadfast in his hopes to become a hero. His cheerful personality has not faded and he is empowered by Sir Nighteye ‘s final examination words to him. He flush refused Izuku ‘s offer to receive One For All [ 8 ] and told Tamaki Amajiki he was in no rush to get his powers back, entail that he is o being Quirkless. [ 9 ] Upon regaining his office, he was sincerely happy to be able to help his allies again and internally thanked Eri for making it possible .
Overall Abilities : Mirio is considered U.A. High School ‘s most brawny scholar. Because of this, he is the leader of the Big Three U.A ’ second best students, along with Tamaki Amajiki and Nejire Hado. Mirio, in especial, has earned enormous applaud due to a combination of extraordinary proficiency, great fighting ability, and a charismatic personality, to the decimal point of being considered a rival for the No. 1 spot among Pro Heroes and, at one steer, a likely successor for All Might as a wielder of One For All. [ 10 ] His abilities garnered the attention of All Might ‘s former buddy, Sir Nighteye, who personally trained Mirio to the elect condition the young hero now possesses. His mastery over prediction combined with his inhuman physical abilities and incredible Quirk makes Mirio rightfully unrivalled in battle. The phase-shifter used his high-grade abilities to defeat eighteen out of the twenty students of Class 1-A, including some of its elite students ( excluding Shoto Todoroki, who felt undeserving of partaking in the catch against Mirio due to not having his probationary Hero License at the meter, and Katsuki Bakugo, who was hush under house halt ), who have all fought real villains, with a individual punch to each scholar ‘s catgut in mere seconds.
Read more : Studio Ghibli Exhibit in LA | Talon Marks
During the Shie Hassaikai Raid, Mirio proved his strength on the battlefield against the likes of Overhaul and his followers. Mirio endured the guerrilla war of Shin Nemoto, equally well as the poise inhibition of Deidoro Sakaki, and was able to take them by surprise, defeating the couple with great accelerate. While recovering from the balance-hindering effects of Deidoro ‘s Quirk, Mirio proceeded to overpower Chronostasis and Overhaul in a two-on-one fight, all while protecting Eri. [ 6 ] Overhaul, acknowledging Mirio ‘s abilities surpassed his own, found himself outmatched to the luff where he was forced to have one of the few valuable Quirk-Destroying Bullets used on Mirio, in an attempt to level the play plain. tied then, Mirio was able to use the office of prediction and incredible beast lastingness to hold his own against the villain for five continuous minutes while hush protecting Eri, until Overhaul was successful at immobilizing the de-powered hero, and the Nighteye Squad arrived to give aid to Mirio. [ 7 ] Six months late, when the Paranormal Liberation War was reaching its culminate, Mirio ‘s Quirk was finally restored by Eri, enabling the power-restored hero to make his way to Jaku City and briskly repel four Near High-End Nomus that were approaching Best Jeanist. Admitting he could n’t defeat the quartet of Near High-Ends by himself, Mirio was aided by Nejire, Tenya Ida, and Katsuki to successfully hold off the Nomu four for a drawn-out period of time until an All For One -possessed Tomura Shigaraki opted a retreat. Despite this however, even after months of being without his Quirk, Mirio hush retains remarkable proficiency with his power in battle .
- Superior Technique: Mirio’s greatest strength is incredible mastery over his near-uncontrollable Quirk, to the point he is often considered invincible. Mirio is capable of showcasing meticulous precision on when and where in his body Permeation should be active while performing swift moves. For those reasons, guarding oneself against his attacks in combat is borderline impossible. Thanks to rigorous training, Mirio was able to master instant transportation through the repelling property of his Quirk, being able to adjust the direction and positioning of his falling body in order to control the trajectory of his ejection, as well as using prediction based on experience in order to resurface himself next to targets, allowing him to strike them from any angle. For an outside observer, Mirio gives the illusion that he is somehow teleporting because of his apparent disappearance and reappearance at various spots, which happens almost immediately.
- Enhanced Strength: Mirio possess a great deal of physical strength, so much so that it appears supernatural. A single punch to the stomach was enough to incapacitate each of the members of Class 1-A, as well as break Overhaul’s arm. In the battle against Overhaul, Mirio had the yakuza leader completely outmatched in terms of brute strength.
- Enhanced Speed: Mirio possesses an incredible amount of speed. He was able to take out more than half of Class 1-A in about six seconds. This is mostly due to the warping ability of his Quirk, but Mirio showed great footspeed when he caught up to Overhaul and Chronostasis in only a few minutes after entering their hideout.
- Enhanced Durability: Even without his Quirk’s intangibility, Mirio has great resilience. Mirio was able to survive Overhaul’s spike attacks with only a few moderate injuries.
Keen Intellect : Despite his carefree and laid-back personality, Mirio is a very astute individual. Thanks to Nighteye ‘s education, Mirio possesses deductive skills that allow him to accurately predict his adversary ‘s movements and fighting ability. When he faced off against Class 1-A, Mirio decided to foremost defeat the long-distance fighters, knowing that they would be the most troublesome, before proceeding to subdue the remaining students who excel in close-quarters fight. As he and Izuku were on patrol and encountered Overhaul, Mirio successfully avoided misgiving while maintaining his friendly demeanor. He masked Izuku ‘s font so the yakuza leader would n’t recognize it late on and mislead Overhaul into believing the copulate were just interning students, quite than reveal their connection to the Nighteye agency, as per Overhaul ‘s question about the Hero agency to which the students belonged. During his brief confrontation with Shin Nemoto, Mirio deduced that the memorize artist was n’t the type of individual who would be on the presence lines of conflict, to which Shin admitted. Afterwards, whilst facing Overhaul and Hari, Mirio identified the latter from his actions, and knew that it was a hazard to be on the receiving end of the hood yakuza ‘s Chronostasis Quirk. Mirio even cleverly used his cape to first base obscure Hari ‘s argumentation of arouse, and then removed the garment to make it appear that he was inactive hiding behind it, only to effectively blindside Hari into a false common sense of security. Mirio besides knows the limits of his own abilities, evidenced by his announcement of being unable to defeat four Near High-End Nomus by himself, hence why he asked for aid against the Nomu four. While contending with the Near High-Ends, Mirio measured their movements and physical capabilities, and surmised their overall abilities were on equal terms with the first High-End, Hood .
Indomitable Will : Mirio ‘s firm will, brave heart, and heroic spirit are some of the most noteworthy aspects of his character that make him a genuine hero. Having deal with many dangerous individuals in the past, Mirio has become impervious to fear and bullying, allowing him to overcome overwhelm threats and situations with sheer doggedness. After defeating Shin and Deidoro, Mirio explained that he continued to fight on because Eri is a kindhearted girlfriend who would preferably endure ceaseless pain than go steady others hurt, inspiring Mirio to push himself even further to save her. After securing Eri and sacrificing his oddity to save her, Mirio made an deathless promise to protect the young girl so that she would n’t be sad anymore. With that promise and determination alone, Mirio ‘s emotional state remained steadfast ; being a true hero that never faltered, despite his Quirkless state and cripple injuries, Mirio ‘s answer allowed him to continue fighting against Overhaul with willpower alone. Mirio ‘s die-hard heroism heavily influenced Eri, inspiring her to help others, most prominently demonstrated when she aided Izuku in defeating Overhaul. Mirio ‘s burn liveliness besides impacted Izuku, who not merely saw Mirio as a better hero-at-heart than himself, but was moved to the point of considering transferring One For All to the Quirk-deprived Mirio .
Permeation ( 透 ( とう ) 過 ( か ), Tōka ? ) : Mirio ‘s Quirk allows him to become intangible, letting him pass through any tangible matter ; he can phase through walls and/or the establish, angstrom well as let enemy attacks pass through him harmlessly. While intangible, he experiences a falling sensation because he still has multitude. additionally, everything passes through him, including light, phone, and air travel ; meaning, while his Quirk is active, he ca n’t see, hear, or rest. This besides means that he has to keep at least one foot solid at all times while his Quirk is active, or else he will fall into the ground. [ 4 ] According to the laws of physics, things with aggregate can not overlap ; if Mirio returns to his solid submit while phasing through something, his body will be repelled outbound. By adjusting the direction he is facing and/or the airs he is holding, he can control the direction he gets repelled from. initially, he struggled with his quirk due to all of the hard-and-fast limitations and many little steps involved in using it, but managed to perfect it after training with Sir Nighteye. Mirio lost his oddity after his fight against Overhaul, during which he was struck by a Quirk-Destroying Bullet that was targeting Eri, he shielded her with his body. As of the Paranormal Liberation War, roughly six months since the Shie Hassaikai Raid, Eri achieved a sufficient manage on her Rewind Quirk, allowing her to restore Mirio ‘s Permeation Quirk. [ 12 ]
|Wardrobe Management||1/6 E|
Mirio’s stats, according to the Ultra Analysis Book
Lemilliosuit : Mirio ‘s Quirk normally forces him to phase out of his clothes, leaving him nude. His hero costume is lined with special fibers produced from his hair. This allows Mirio ‘s costume to phase with him whenever he activates his Quirk. Its design is based on a hero who saved and inspired Mirio when he was young .
- Lemilliomet: A visor that is meant to protect Lemillion’s face, but it cannot phase with him and is bound to slip off.
Lemilliosuit, Lemillion ‘s hero costume . A wax sketch of the costume .
Battles & Events
- According to Mirio’s Volume 14 profile:
- His favorite food is ramen.
- His favorite thing is comedy.
- Horikoshi considers Mirio an easy character to draw thanks to his simple facial features.
- Mirio’s rankings in the Popularity Polls are as following:
- Ranked 41st in the 3rd Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 26th in the 4th Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 25th in the 5th Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 19th in the 6th Popularity Poll.
- According to Mirio, he chose the hero name “Lemillion” because he wants to help at least a million people.
- Also, according to him, his hero name also sounds like the name of the Japanese rock band Remioromen.
- Mirio’s name contains the kanji for “through” 通, tō ? 形, gata ? ミリオ ン, mirio nitrogen ?
- Together, the kanji of his surname can also mean “conformity” 通形, tsūgyō ?
- Additionally, “tō” is a possible reading of “ten” 十
Read more : Fumikage Tokoyami/Relationships
- Mirio shares his birthday with Izuku and Rapt Tokage.
- As a child, Mirio is voiced Megan Shipman in English, who also voices Manami Aiba.
- Mirio’s Quirk is similar to Naruto character Obito Uchiha’s ability to go through an object or a person.
- Horikoshi has stated that Mirio is the physically strongest student in U.A. High when not using his Quirk.
- (To Class 1-A) “I used to take my sweet time, just to be safe! I’d hold back until the last second and end up falling anyway. Then my clothes would fall off. But time was one thing I didn’t have if I wanted to make it to the top with my quirk!! I had to predict!! Faster than my surroundings could change!! Foresight was essential if I wanted to “trick ” time itself!”
- (To Class 1-A) “I turned my work-study experience into power that’s allowing me to reach for the stars! Which is why, even if you’re scared, I wholeheartedly recommend it to you, first-years!!”
- “A hero’s cape…! Is for bundling up a young girl who’s in terrible pain!”
- (To Overhaul) “None of what I’ve done was a waste! I’m still Lemillion!!”
- (To Izuku) “I lost my Quirk… and my master passed away. I’m in no state of mind to be smiling. But that’s exactly why… cuz Nighteye, he… I know he was stern with you. But he smiled a lot when the two of us got to talking. I can’t be all weepy. Not when I’m s’posed to be a “fine hero” someday. And if I get gloomy, well, that’ll hurt Eri too.”