With your positions revealed, you ‘re in my crosshairs. And there ‘s no hiding from the coming storm. As Hawks would say … speed beats baron .Fumikage Tokoyami to Shihai Kuroiro and Kinoko Komori in “Foresight”
- Fumikage Tokoyami
- Biographical Information
- Personal Description
- First Appearance
- Battles & Events
- chapter Appearances
- Anime Appearances
- Site Navigation
常 (とこ) 闇 (やみ) 踏 (ふみ) 陰 (かげ)
Reading: Fumikage Tokoyami
Shikkoku Hīrō Tsukuyomi ? )
Jet-Black Hero: Tsukuyomi (漆黒ヒーロー ツクヨミ,
15 (First appearance)
U.A. senior high school School
Josh Grelle Image Gallery Fumikage Tokoyami Images Fumikage Tokoyami ( 常 ( とこ ) 闇 ( やみ ) 踏 ( ふみ ) 陰 ( かげ ), Tokoyami Fumikage ? ), besides known as the Jet-Black Hero: Tsukuyomi ( 漆黒ヒーロー ツクヨミ, Shikkoku Hīrō Tsukuyomi ? ), is a scholar in Class 1-A at U.A. High School, training to become a pro Hero .
Fumikage is a short young man with the head of a black shuttlecock, possibly supposed to resemble that of a crow or a raven. He has a tangent, yellow beak which is slightly hooked down at the end, thin, red eyes with a little black pupil, one on each side of his fountainhead, and a red garroter, which he rarely removes. Despite the appearance of his head, however, his body looks like one of a normal homo, with quite fair peel. After his internship train with Hawks, Fumikage has become more brawny. After the Paranormal Liberation War, he gains a scar on his leave foot as a resultant role of Dabi ‘s flames. His costume consists of a gown, black, but tinted a night purple where light hits it, that covers his entire torso, only stopping halfway down his shins, and knee-deep black boots. During the Joint Training Arc, it was revealed that under this cape he wears a dark jersey, wristbands, a pair of baggy pants, similar to the ones Katsuki Bakugo wears in his bomber costume, and a utility swath with a duplicate pin warp .
Fumikage is reserved, serious, and focused, albeit baronial and valiant as well. Though he does not talk identical a lot, he will directly ignore questions or requests that seem in some means otiose ( like Tenya Ida asking him to not sit on the desk ) while he talks to other people as some kind of ongoing joke. When Fumikage teams up with others, he becomes more sociable, helping his teammates out, reassuring his confidence in them, and thanking them for their feat. During fight, Fumikage is known to be ferocious and dependable, with his military capability and capabilities rarely being questioned. Fumikage is fond of darkness and early associate concepts, considering himself a “ creature of the dark ” and employing archaic-sounding speeches that end up painting him as slenderly creepy or dramatic. Nevertheless, Fumikage is a bite insecure about his interests due to them being more on the arcane, antic side, and frankincense difficult for others to understand or relate to. Regardless of his association with night themes however, Fumikage does not show any screen of nefarious demeanor at all. In fact, he greatly cares for his friends and mentors, and should harm come their way, Fumikage may end up feeling enraged or indignant, which can lead to black consequences ascribable to his Quirk being sensitive to his emotions. Fumikage besides possesses a great measure of humility, being aware of his own limits and understanding when it ‘s time to back down. He takes any advice he gets seriously and uses it to try and improve on his Quirk and abilities, showing great decision to even keep up with top heroes like Hawks. Fumikage thinks small about fame and idolatry but is still disdainful enough to not tolerate being undervalue or looked down upon by others. Whilst initially quietly, and in some cases timid in the face of dangerous situations ( such as when he believed the Pro Heroes should rescue Katsuki after his capture ), Fumikage late proves himself to be a confident, brave young man worthy of the style of bomber when he risks his life to save Hawks at the hands of Dabi .
Overall Abilities : Fumikage has continually shown to be one of the strongest members of Class 1-A, equaling, and sometimes surpassing the likes of Izuku Midoriya, Katsuki, and Shoto Todoroki. Fumikage ‘s skills allowed him to earn 9th topographic point in the U.A. Entrance Exam, having the fifth-highest amount of villain points, fifth place in the Quirk Apprehension Test, and 3rd place at the U.A. Sports Festival. Fumikage has incredible proficiency with his quirk : Dark Shadow, using it for both assail and defense, boosting his mobility, and even help in rescue operations. Fumikage ‘s abilities have received praise from several big and notably potent characters, including the likes of All Might, Hawks, Izuku, Shoto, and Fat Gum. During the Sports Festival, he was able to force Momo Yaoyorozu, a commend scholar, on the defensive and defeat her before she had a luck to fight rear. Observing this spectacle, Izuku remarked that Fumikage is one of the strongest people when it comes to one-on-one battles. late on, Fumikage managed to hold off Katsuki, another one of the Class 1-A ‘s strongest members, for some time despite having a Quirk-type disadvantage, and Dark Shadow not being at its full likely. All Might himself acknowledged Fumikage ‘s persuasiveness and gave advice on how the latter can improve. even Shoto was amazed by Fumikage ‘s persuasiveness after witnessing his Dark Shadow effortlessly pulverize and defeat Moonfish, a villain that kept both him and Katsuki on the defensive. Fumikage ‘s art was enough to garner the attention of Mr. Compress, who attempted to capture him after watching him crush Moonfish, and the Pro Hero Hawks, at the time the No. 3 ( now No. 2 ) Pro Hero, who took Fumikage as an intern .
During the Provisional Hero License Exam, Fumikage used the advice given to him by All Might, and the experience gained in the Final Exams to create “ Black Abyss, ” a Ultimate Move which removes Fumikage ‘s forcible weaknesses. He was able to accomplish this feat within 5 days of intensive train and proceeded to create two more ultimate moves relating to “ Black Abyss ”. And due to the work-study education he received from Hawks, Fumikage improved Dark Shadow to the compass point where he is able to make it travel further away from his body ( though the promote Dark Shadow travels, the agile his energy drains ), and develop an ability known as “ Black Fallen Angel. ” Hawks stated that Fumikage, after the latter developed a more mesomorphic physique, has improved on his weaknesses ( i.e. close-range combat ). Hawks ‘ sidekicks were besides in awe of Fumikage ‘s newly abilities, remarking that he calm has room for growth. Fumikage then demonstrated his drastic improvement during the Joint Training Battle between Classes 1-A and 1-B. His newly-acquired accelerate and strength allowed him to take down Kinoko Komori and Shihai Kuroiro in a single boast. however, because Fumikage failed to render Kinoko unconscious, the restrained fungus-producing heroine implemented mushrooms in his throat and lungs, efficaciously incapacitating the coal-black Hero through suffocation. During the events on Nabu Island, Fumikage once again showed off his neat skills. Using the incredible travel rapidly given by “ Black Fallen Angel ”, he was able to save Mashirao Ojiro from being crushed at the hands of Chimera. Against Chimera, however, Fumikage was outmatched in terms of raw power ( whilst Dark Shadow and Chimera were not at wide forte ) and was unable to defeat the canine-faced villain, even with help from several other Class 1-A members. former, Fumikage was chosen to face-off against Slice, with Mina Ashido providing backup. Considering that Class 1-A did not know the magnitude of Slice ‘s Quirk, there was a capital deal of confidence and hope in Fumikage ‘s abilities. Whilst initially on the defensive, Fumikage was able to briefly submerge and stun the agile combatant, providing an opening for Mina. After Mina was injured, an angered Fumikage unleashed the entire power of Dark Shadow on Slice, effortlessly overwhelm and defeating her ( though not before Slice collapsed the cave in which they were fighting ). During the Paranormal Liberation War Arc, Fumikage is once again shown to have significantly bolstered his persuasiveness, and ability to fight on all fronts. He ‘s chosen aboard Denki Kaminari to assist in the attack on the Gunga Mountain Villa chancel, despite the Stun Gun Hero ‘s light-based Quirk posing a risk to Dark Shadow being weakened. Utilizing his new Ultimate Move, “ Ragnarök “, Fumikage was able to push back Re-Destro, a villain capable of aggregate end whom even Tomura Shigaraki struggled to defeat, though it ‘s unclear whether Dark Shadow was merely stronger or if Re-Destro ‘s leg failed, the fact remains at the identical least the try villain had to exert much campaign against him. later, Fumikage returned to the battlefield after escaping from Fat Gum ‘s fat ( something the BMI Hero remarked has never happened before ) and utilize his incredible rush to save Hawks from death at the hands of Dabi. [ 1 ]
- Enhanced Durability: Even without Dark Shadow, Fumikage is capable of withstanding vast amounts of damage. During the Joint Training Arc, Fumikage quickly recovered from a punch from Dark Shadow (who was under the control of Shihai). On Nabu Island, Fumikage was buried under rubble after Slice collapsed a cave on top of them, and was easily walking after being rescued, no worse for wear.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Fumikage has incredible reflexes. Despite her superior speed and agility, Fumikage was still able to block all of Slice’s attacks during their battle and later seized an opportunity to briefly incapacitate her.
Tactical Intellect : even though he is not the most academically efficient, Fumikage has proven himself to have a strategic mind. He ordered Dark Shadow to guard his team ‘s blind topographic point during the Human Cavalry Battle and grabbed one of Shoto ‘s headbands when the opportunity get up. Using the cognition he has on Shihai ‘s Quirk, Black, Fumikage was able to exploit the standby function of the latter ‘s power by using his black-colored cape to trap the Scheming Hero, knowing that Shihai would immediately integrate with it. When pitted against Dabi, Fumikage, in malice of being placed at a disadvantage due to the insert area wherein they battled, and the light up generated by Dabi ‘s flames, he was able to exploit an afford created by Geten ‘s nearby attack and Dabi ‘s tendency to monologue in rate to escape the flame-wielder with Hawks ‘ unconscious consistency .
- Musical Talents: Fumikage has shown to be very skilled at playing the electric guitar.
- Fumikage ‘s description of Dark Shadow in the lightly .
- Fumikage ‘s description of Dark Shadow in the dark .
Dark Shadow ( 黒影 ( ダークシャドウ ), Dāku Shadō ? ) : Fumikage ‘s Quirk allows him to manifest a sentient shadow giant from his body that he can materialize and compress freely. Dark Shadow ‘s energy is limited and can be drained by bright light. When it runs out of energy, Dark Shadow retracts back into Fumikage ‘s torso. The personality, strength, defense, and control of the tail monster depends on the miss of faint. In bright light, Dark Shadow is weaker and smaller in size, but still has considerable forte and defense and is easier to control. In sum dark, Dark Shadow is a lot bigger, which grants it far greater strength and defensive structure. It is even knock-down adequate to rip out and cut down multiple adult trees with ease. however, Dark Shadow is more unmanageable to control in the darkness, causing it to rampage based on its own dislodge will. As contribution of his aim, Fumikage trained in a dark cave in orderliness to increase his control over Dark Shadow, even when there is darkness empowering his oddity. This educate proved effective when Fumikage activated Dark Shadow in arrant iniquity and it was still the like size it would be if it were day. Due to a quarrel with League of Villains member, Moonfish, it was revealed that, besides sparkle and darkness, there are more home factors that influence Dark Shadow. According to Mezo, Fumikage ‘s negative emotions ( such as regret and indignation ) escalate Dark Shadow, making it more boisterous and potent as a result, albeit at the cost of Fumikage losing manipulate ; Fumikage himself evening stated that his anger causes him to lose control condition of Dark Shadow. Dark Shadow besides seems capable of eating as it took some food when Class 1-A celebrated Christmas .
- Ultra Archive
- Ultra Analysis
Fumikage’s stats, according to the Ultra Archive Book
Fumikage’s stats, according to the Ultra Analysis Book
Cloak : Fumikage ‘s hero costume includes a cloak. It is completely dark under this cloak, making Dark Shadow hard. Claws (movie only) : During his fight against Slice on Nabu Island, Fumikage was shown to wield a hardened of gloves with metal claws. These claws were broken during the battle .
Battles & Events
- Fumikage’s surname contains the kanji for “everlasting” 常, toko ? 闇, yami ? 踏, fumi ? 陰, kage ?
- When their characters are written together, his names can be read as “eternal darkness” 常闇, tokoyami ? 踏陰
Read more : This Kind of Museum… – Ghibli Museum, Mitaka
, fumikage ?
- When their characters are written together, his names can be read as “eternal darkness” 常闇, tokoyami ? 踏陰
- Fumikage’s Hero name, “Tsukuyomi,” comes from Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto, a lunar deity of Shinto culture.
- According to Fumikage’s profile in Volume 3:
- His favorite food are apples.
- His favorite things are gloomy places.
- He’s considered awesome by Horikoshi, although the author notes this is not the general opinion in the world of My Hero Academia.
- He’s a character Horikoshi struggles to draw.
- Fumikage’s known U.A. data is as follows:
- Student No. 14 in Class 1-A.
- Ranked ninth during the U.A. Entrance Exam.
- Ranked fifth during the Quirk Apprehension Test.
- Ranked fourteenth in Class 1-A’s overall grades.
- Ranked third in the U.A. Sports Festival First-Year Stage.
- Fumikage received a total of 360 nominations from Pro Heroes for his U.A. Sports Festival performance, making him the 3rd most nominated Class 1-A student.
- Fumikage’s rankings in the Popularity Polls are as follows:
- In the First Popularity Poll, Fumikage ranked seventh.
- In the Second Popularity Poll, Fumikage ranked fifteenth.
- In the Third Popularity Poll, he ranked thirteenth.
- In the Fourth Popularity Poll, he ranked nineteenth.
- In the Fifth Popularity Poll, he ranked twenty-fourth.
- Fumikage’s birthday is a day before Halloween (October 30th.)
- Fumikage is said to eat from the sides of his mouth due to his beak. For the same reason, he favors chopsticks as eating utensils.
- Fumikage’s appearance and abilities may have been inspired by DC Comics’ character Rachel Roth, also known as Raven:
- Both wear enveloping cloaks as costumes.
- Both employ a crow motif.
- Both possess abilities that are capable of taking control over their own bodies, should they fail to keep their emotions in check.
- Fumikage’s choker is worn in honor of a Pro Hero he idolizes, Dark Crystal.
- He shares his liking of apples with Eri and Pony Tsunotori.
- Fumikage and Shihai share a few similarities with each other.
- Both enjoy dark concepts.
- Both have a penchant for dramatic speech.
- Their Quirks, Dark Shadow and Black, are darkness-based, which share the function of being more effective in darkness, as well as the weakness for being less effective when exposed to light.
- Their hero names or epithets contain the word “Black.”
- Both were born with black-colored physiology.
- (To himself) “Revelry in the dark.”
- (To Hawks) “Your hands aren’t dirty, Hawks!! I believe in you! Everyone does! You did the right thing! So don’t die on us!”