Reading: Hand Seal
even rarer than one-handed hand seals, are shinobi who have abandoned this traditional practice altogether, normally because their crusade style revolve around speed and agile reflexes and have developed techniques that require no hand seals to complement this fight style. Certain elemental releases frequently end in the hand seals they are affiliated with. For model, Fire Release frequently ends with Tiger, Earth and Wood Releases often end with the Snake pass seals .
basic Hand Seals
There are twelve basic seals, each one named after an animal of the chinese zodiac .
other Hand Seals
Besides the twelve basic hand seals, there are unique hand seals used for certain techniques. These hand seals are rarely seen, and can be considered alone to specific techniques .
elemental Hand Seals
To use an elementary proficiency through the Kote, one must seal the technique in a coil and put it inside the device. [ 23 ] Depending on the proficiency ‘s chakra nature, the user must then form one of five one-handed seals to release the proficiency. These seals are :
- Fire Release: A flat hand with all fingers extended.
- Water Release: A flat hand with all fingers extended except the index finger, which is put under the thumb.
- Wind Release: Thumb and pinky are extended, the other fingers lie on the palm.
- Earth Release: Index and middle finger are extended, the other fingers are curled into the palm. Known as Seal of Confrontation.
- Lightning Release: Index and little finger are extended, the middle and ring finger are held down with the thumb.
seal of confrontation
The Seal of Confrontation ( 対立の印, Tairitsu no In, English TV: Spar Sign ), which looks like a half-tiger/ram, is the symbol of fight and is a universal joint sign of engagement between shinobi. It represents half of a seal that might be used to activate a ninjutsu. This apparent motion is frequently used to concentrate chakra, and many shinobi are seen initiating simple, basic techniques arsenic well as few complex ones after making this seal. Deidara besides much used this when he detonated his explosive clay, and Sai and Inojin used it for their Super Beast Imitating Drawing. Madara Uchiha ‘s and Hashirama Senju ‘s statues at the Valley of the end are both forming the Seal of Confrontation whilst facing each other .
seal of reconciliation
The Seal of Reconciliation ( 和解の印, Wakai no In, English TV: Unison Sign ) while not used in battle or for techniques, is used in Traditional Shinobi Sparring as a demonstration that the two opponents are even comrades after sparring .
Manga Hand Seals
This seal is most normally associated with the creation of clones using techniques such as the Shadow Clone Technique, its derivative and the Multiple Wood Release Clone Technique, break from the basic twelve seals, where index and middle fingers from both hands are crossed. [ 24 ] This hand sealing wax is besides used in performing the Water Release : Water Shark Bullet Technique. In Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky, anterior to receiving his prosthetic arm, Naruto adapted this seal for one-handed consumption, creating the seal ‘s hybrid with his left field hand ‘s index and middle fingers .
This is more of an knowledgeability of a proficiency quite than a hand seal where the user merely claps their hands in concert as exemplified when Naruto Uzumaki, for case, summons chakra or is breaking genjutsu. The hand seal sequence for knock-down summoning kinjutsu like the summon : unclean World Reincarnation and the Dead Demon Consuming Seal end with this apparent motion ; similarly, Jiraiya prepares to enter Sage Mode ( summoning Shima and Fukasaku ) by performing this motion and sustaining it, Hashirama uses it to enter Sage Mode as well, Gaara uses it for Quicksand Waterfall Flow at his fight against Kimimaro. It is besides used to perform the Chibaku Tensei technique. Once the seal sequence is completed, the exploiter ‘s hands are held in this status until the desire effect is achieved. While entering its third base transformation, the Ten-Tails has been observed to make this particular seal .
Used in techniques such as the Summoning Technique and several Earth Release techniques, this is besides more of an knowledgeability of a proficiency than a sealing wax. The exploiter presses their hand to the surface that is affected .
Haku ‘s Seals
The seals used for Haku ‘s Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death, are quite different than the basic twelve seals, and are besides performed with one hand .
Haku ‘s Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals proficiency can be done with a special navy seal, which resembles Tiger with center fingers crossed over the index fingers. interestingly, Orochimaru besides uses this seal when giving the cursed Seal of Heaven to an person. [ 25 ]
The basic Ram seal is mirrored. To form the navy seal, the hands are joined in concert where the right hand thumb is on top of left hand, and the index and middle fingers are facing vertically. This seal is used by Obito and Madara for Six Paths Ten-Tails Coffin Seal, [ 26 ] and besides for Sage Art : Yin Release Lightning Dispatch. [ 27 ]
This is another one of the seals that are used in convention techniques, so far is n’t one of the basic twelve seals. The “ Yang Water ” ( 壬, Jin ) varnish is used in techniques such as the Water Release : Water Dragon Bullet Technique and the Shrine Seal. In the zanzibar copal, this seal is formed like to the Dog varnish, but the left hand is under the correctly, and the left ‘s handle is facing up. [ 28 ]
Five Elements ‘ seal
The fūinjutsu Five Elements Seal used by Orochimaru uses a individual limited seal, which consists in both hands ‘ thumbs and short fingers touching each other tips, with left exponent and middle fingers and right index feel raised, with the latter touching the leave middle. The leave hoop finger is placed over the right band finger, with both the latter and the right middle folded down ( good like the Ox cachet in the leave hand ). [ 29 ]
The Akimichi kin use a certain seal in their Multi-Size Technique, which besides resembles the Bird cachet from frontal view. however, it is confirmed that this is a different varnish, as the Bird seal has been seen in a side view in techniques such as Water Release : Water Dragon Bullet Technique and the Shadow Sewing Technique. The index and little fingers are raised up, the center and ring fingers are each folded on top of the hand opposite itself and interlocked with each another, and the thumbs are pressed together at their end segments. In the anime, there are respective “ variations ” to this seal, probable mistakes. sometimes, it is formed like the Half Tiger, with the little fingers besides raised. early times, it is formed more similarly in fashion to the Bird seal alternatively, with index and little fingers raised, and with the thumb and center and ring fingers are folded in and pressed against each other .
- This seal is therefore very controversial, as this seal was used instead of the Bird seal multiple times in the anime or in movies, likely a mistake.
The Yamanaka kin uses different seals to activate their techniques, such as the Mind Body Switch Technique [ 30 ] and the Mind Body Disturbance Technique. [ 31 ] Another seal was used to release the Mind Body Switch Technique and return to the original body. This seal resembled both hands ‘ fingers straightened and crossed into an “ x ”, similar to the Ox sealing wax ( however not a “ + ” ), but without the left middle and closed chain fingers down .
Twin Snakes Mutual Death Seal
A hand seal involving both the exploiter and the enemy is used in the kinjutsu Twin Snakes Mutual Death .
Mangekyō Sharingan Activation Seal
probably another seal used to gather and focus chakra, it was used by Kakashi in his beginning battle with Deidara, when he activated his Mangekyō Sharingan to use Kamui for the first fourth dimension seen in the series. It is formed like the Tiger seal, except with the index fingers ‘ end segments pushed down against each other, forming a house-like shape in the user ‘s detail of horizon. When Kakashi used it, he positioned it in front of his left eye .
Sasuke ‘s Snake Seal
Sasuke used a seal, like to the Akimichi seal, in his battle with Deidara, when he used either Hidden Shadow Snake Hands or Binding Snake Glare Spell .
- As with the Akimichi seal, this technique also draws controversy with the Bird seal, as it seems similar from a frontal view. However, side view comparisons of this seal and the Bird seal in Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique and/or Shadow Sewing Technique show that this is a different seal.
Daytime Tiger Seal
This sealing wax is used in Daytime Tiger. It does not release chakra, but quite keeps it inside the body to use as energy and force. This creates a projectile type of proficiency which is not a body of chakra. This seal is actually based off one of the original Kuji-In seals, the cachet of the Outer Lion. In this case, the hands are meant to resemble a tiger. The index fingers ( the “ eyes ” of the Tiger ) glow green with the evaporating greens fret of the drug user ( result of releasing the Gate of Wonder ) .
Great Shark Bullet Seal
Kisame ‘s Water liberation : Great Shark Bullet Technique requires this seal. possibly a comparison to Guy ‘s Daytime Tiger seal, which resembles a tiger, this bridge player varnish is a force, but with both hands touching at the wrist and mighty hand above the leave. The fingers are besides folded in a way that vaguely resembles shark ‘s dentition. This overall placement of the hands resembles a shark with an open call on the carpet .
Tearing Earth Turning Palm Hand Seal
When Sumashi uses Earth Release : Tearing Earth Turning Palm, he uses a particular seal that is formed by cupping the bequeath hand and turning it so that it faces the background and placing the right bridge player next to it with the index and middle fingers raised .
other Hand Seals
Hoshigakure Hand Seal
The signature proficiency of Hoshigakure Mysterious Peacock Method uses a hand seal that has the middle and other index finger pushed down and touching, with the right index finger and little finger touching together to form an arch .
- This seal looks similar to the Bird hand sign on a frontal view, but is in fact a different hand sign from opposite angles.
In the zanzibar copal, certain variant seals to aid in the activation of the Byakugan are seen. Most are some of the basic twelve seals, but respective are different. In the manga, seals are indeed used several times, but of course, they can not be seen with detail .
Water Formation Wall Seal
In the zanzibar copal, a special seal is used alternatively of what is seen in the manga for the Water Release : Water Formation Wall Technique.
Fūma Curse Mandala Seals
In the zanzibar copal, the Fūma kin used diverse strange bridge player seals for their privy techniques, the Curse Mandala .
Guren ‘s Unknown Crystal Seals
several “ unknown ” seals are used in crystal liberation : crystal Encampment Wall .
In the zanzibar copal, the Moon Shadow Technique is performed with a seal that resembles the Tiger seal, but with the right exponent and middle fingers curving in front of the leave index and middle fingers, besides curved the same manner .
In the zanzibar copal, some jutsu feature a varnish similar to the Snake seal, but with the veracious hand fingers all on top of the left rather of interlocking. [ 32 ] [ 33 ]
Tornado Lightning Seal
In Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel, Ranke uses an unknown handwriting seal to activate her Tornado Lightning. however, considering that neither she nor her comrades knew what chakra is, her technique is unlikely to be ninjutsu, and her “ hand seal ” is probable merely an attack gesture .
down of the Sky ‘s seal
In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: Bonds, an unknown sealing wax is used to focus chakra in formulation for attacking from the Flying Destruction Machine. The seal is formed by pressing the knuckles of each hand together, with the second of the hands face outwards .
land of Demons ‘ Seals
In Naruto Shippūden the Movie, the shinobi affiliated with the Land of Demons use singular seals unused by the usual shinobi seen throughout the series .
- Taruho used the Shadow Mirror Body Changing Method, which used hand seals like:
- Tiger, but with little fingers pressed inwards instead
- Tiger/Ram with left hand, and right hand with thumb up “punching” the left
- Boar, but with left hand pointed upwards instead
- Right hand facing down above left, left hand facing up below right; Each hand’s index and middle fingers folded, and ring and little fingers straight.
- Also, the Shrine Seal used by Shion (Yomi also used a technique by repeating the same seal names, although he only held his palm forward the whole time) uses a numerous amount of different seals with different names as followed:
- Hatsu: Right palm facing forward, fingertips directing to the right
- Jin: Right hand Tiger/Ram facing down, placed under the eyes pointing towards the left
- Kai: Right hand Tiger/Ram, pointing up with arm straight, facing forward
- After completing the first three seals, Shion begins to levitate, the seal lights up, a barrier is formed around the seal, and the spheres inside the seal move around the circle (Yomi did not have to do this)
- Min: Both palms pushed forward, fingertips pointing about 45 degrees up/forward
- Shin: Both palms pressed together (like a clap)
- Gan: Left fist “punching” right palm
- Reppyō: “Rep” seems identical to the Snake/Earth seal. “Pyō” Each hand in half Tiger/Ram, arms stretched with fingertips pointing forward
- Shōzen: Both hands in fists, left above right; looks similar to the Rat seal
- Mika: Seems identical to Min
- Dan: Each hands revolves around one another into Tiger/Ram, right hand behind left
- Raku: Left hand raised up facing down with middle and ring fingers folded and index and little fingers straight pointing towards the left, right palm pushed down facing down pointing forward
- Shō: Left palm facing down in front with fingertips pointing right, right fist punching left palm from below
- After completing these 9 seals, the stone tablets in the shrine will arise in front of Shion.
- Fu: Hold Shō
- Sai: Hold Shō
- Dan: Hold Shō
- Gika: Hold Shō
- Ragu: Left hand pointing diagonally up/right 45 degrees, right hand middle and ring fingers folded index and little fingers straight pointing diagonally up/left placed in front of left forearm
- Bagi: Right palm facing left with fingertips pointing up in front of user, left forearm behind right seal and left fist placed above right elbow
The foremost four of these are unobserved and it may be that she merely shouts these words while holding Shō. Yomi did not use these final six seals .
Hiruko ‘s Storm Release Seal
In Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Will of Fire, Hiruko uses a special seal for the Storm Release : Thunder Cloud Inner Wave, which resembles Tiger, but entirely with the middle fingers raised .
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 465
- Naruto chapter 90, page 5
- Naruto chapter 15, page 8
- Naruto chapter 120, page 4
- Naruto chapter 333, pages 16-17
- Naruto chapter 361, page 13
- Naruto chapter 24, page 4
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 59
- Naruto: Shippūden sequence 104
- Naruto chapter 664, page 11
- Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky
- Naruto chapter 700+2, page 3
- Boruto episode 146
- Boruto chapter 53, page 25
- Naruto chapter 699, pages 7-8
- Naruto chapter 50, page 13
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 375
- Naruto chapter 5, page 7
- Naruto chapter 316
- Naruto chapter 361, page 13
- Boruto: Naruto the Movie
- Boruto chapter 1, page 25
- Zai no Sho
- Naruto chapter 1, page 49
- Naruto chapter 49, page 17
- Naruto chapter 663, page 12
- Naruto chapter 674, page 1
- Naruto episode 9
- Naruto chapter 49, page 7
- Naruto chapter 55, page 11
- Naruto chapter 137, page 10
- Naruto: Shippūden episode 60
- Boruto episode 147