|Iron Monger (disambiguation) For other uses, see|
|Iron Monger’s Character Hub For alternate versions of Iron Monger, see|
- Iron Monger
- Powers and Abilities
- Behind the Scenes
Reading: Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki
Iron Monger [ 1 ]
Obie [ 1 ]
Date of Death
November 24, 2009
( once )
CEO of Stark Industries COO of Stark Industries
Iron Man 2 ( mental picture )
Iron Man 3 ( credits )
Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( mentioned )
Spider-Man: Far From Home ( flashback )
* Never Meet Your Heroes ( mentioned )
Iron Man 3 – The Official Game ( mentioned )
Iron Man: Fast Friends ( archive footage )
Iron Man: Security Measures
Iron Man: I Am Iron Man!
Iron Man 2: Public Identity
The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VII
The Wakanda Files: A Technological Exploration of the Avengers and Beyond ( mentioned )
- “Civilization has been preserved because the right people have had the right idea at the right time! This technology, it comes along once in a generation, and it’s a gift that has been put in our hands. And why is that? It’s because we have a vision, a vision for the future of this company, of this nation, of the world order!”
- ―Obadiah Stane
Obadiah Stane was the clientele collaborator of Tony Stark and a thoroughly supporter of his don, Howard Stark. After Howard ‘s death, Stane became interim CEO of Stark Industries until Tony took over officially shortly after. Stane ‘s jealousy of the younger Stark led him to join forces with the Ten Rings to organize a fail attempt to assassinate him so Stane could become CEO once again. He far armed the Ten Rings with Stark Industries weapons, to facilitate their political campaign in the war-torn Gulmira. When his participation with terrorists was exposed by Pepper Potts, Stane created an armor and adopted the name Iron Monger and attempted to kill Stark himself, leading to his own death .
work with Howard Stark
- “The death of such a brilliant inventor has taken us all by surprise and fills us with extreme grief for such a tremendous loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Stark family during this difficult time.”
- ―Obadiah Stane
Obadiah Stane was a businessman who worked in partnership with Howard Stark during the early years of Stark Industries ‘ origin, assisting him and Anton Vanko in the designs of the Arc Reactor engineering and many other inventions. When Vanko was found to be guilty of espionage and Howard with a heavy heart had him deported, Stane comforted his ally, stating that it was sad but necessary and asking him to take it as a sign that possibly the Arc Reactor was n’t cook to be published into the world so they should continue barely making weapons, promising to stand by his side. [ 2 ] On December 16, 1991, Howard and his wife Maria were ultimately killed in a car accident. As quoted by a newspaper, Stane expressed his condolences to the Stark family and lamented Howard ‘s loss, stating that such news filled them with grief. [ 3 ] Due to Howard ‘s death, Stane took over as interim CEO of the company and his brief tenure made him highly egotistic as Stane took great pride in his make and the respect it gained him. shortly after, Stane was forced to step down from his military position to become Stark Industries ‘ second-in-command when Tony Stark formally took over as CEO. [ 1 ] On July 1st, 2006, the oldest university bell loom in the United States of America was rededicated to Stane and renamed as Stane Tower. [ 4 ] After about two decades as second-in-command, Stane grew banal and covetous of younger Stark. He began cooperating with the Ten Rings, among other groups, selling them Stark weapons illegally. finally, Stane contracted the group to kill Stark during the Jericho presentation in Afghanistan so that he could resume manipulate over Stark Industries, but he kept the target ‘s identity a privy. [ 1 ]
Hiring the Ten Rings
- “When I ordered the hit on you, I was worried that I was killing the golden goose. But, you see, it was just fate that you survived it, leaving one last golden egg to give.”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
Despite his grudge against Tony Stark, Stane presented himself as a close and firm friend to him. When Stark failed to show up in Las Vegas to accept his award in Caesars Palace, Stane took his rate, collecting the prize from James Rhodes and giving an affectionate tribute to him, claiming that the argue Stark was not there was because he was working, despite being in full aware that Stark was most probably gambling in a casino. The future day Stark flew to Afghanistan to debut Stark Industries ‘ new Jericho projectile to the United States Air Force .
Stane called Stark to see how the presentation went ; soon after they spoke, the Ten Rings attacked and failed to kill Stark, and they rather kidnapped him. Realizing who their aim was, Raza felt they had not been paid enough, and decided that Stane would have to pay greater for them to finish the job. The Ten Rings kept Stark alive to use to their own advantage by having him build them the Jericho. alternatively Stark used his time to build a weaponize armor and escaped by fighting back against his captors, being promptly found by the military. [ 1 ]
Tony Stark ‘s return
- “Good to see you.”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
With Tony Stark having been rescued and returned to the United States of America, Stane met with him and Pepper Potts outside of Stark Industries Headquarters where he had organized a imperativeness event for Stark to talk about his experiences. Stane greeted Stark, keeping silent about his affair in the incident and noting how Stark had made Happy Hogan get a burger before arriving .
distillery clearly traumatized by what he had witnessed, Stark began by asking everybody to sit on the floor before noting how he had never had the probability to say a concluding adieu to Howard Stark before his death. As Stane listened, Stark explained how he wished he had gotten the prospect to ask his beget how he rightfully felt about what his caller did, noting how his kidnapping had opened his eyes to his own bequest of creating nothing but weapons .
While Stane listened closely, Stark informed the attendees that due to seeing young men in the United States Armed Forces killed by the Ten Rings using his own weapons which he had made to protect the soldiers, he had decided to immediately shut down Stark Industries ‘ weapons division. Stane jumped in and moved Stark away from the dais and attempted to convince the audience that there was nothing to be concerned about, noting that they should be glad that Stark was back ahead attempting to move on and create his own narrative. [ 1 ]
Manipulating Tony Stark
- “We’re iron mongers, we make weapons…”
“My name on the side of the building.”
“…and what we do keeps the world from falling into chaos.”
- ―Obadiah Stane and Tony Stark
Stane went to meet with Tony Stark inside Stark Industries Headquarters ; arriving on a segway, Stane found Happy Hogan outside who pointed him in the guidance of Stark, who was studying the prototype large-scale Arc Reactor. They discussed how Stane was now forced to go to meetings with Stark Industries ‘ investors to negotiate how their company would continue without its main weapons class, with Stane arguing that making weapons was just what they did .
Despite Stane arguing that their work kept the world from falling into chaos, he continued his efforts to try and convince Stark to change his heed on the count, but Stark remained convicted of his decision. When Stark suggested that they focus on Arc-Reactor technology, Stane claimed that he and Howard Stark had created it as a publicity stunt, although Stark insisted that it did employment. Having made it clear that James Rhodes had updated him on the engineering he had used to escape, Stane insisted upon inspecting Stark ‘s miniaturize Arc Reactor in his breast. As Stark showed Stane the engineering, proving it did function, Stane agreed to help Stark in his plans, suggesting that they work together from this point onwards .
During meetings with their investors based in New York City, Stane recommended to the board of directors that Stark be removed from his military position within the company. He met with Stark and Pepper Potts at Tony Stark ‘s sign of the zodiac where he gave out pizza and played the piano while he waited for Stark to join them. When he last arrived, Stane told Stark that it was the dining table ‘s decision to push him out, which Stark refused to accept as the consequence of his being responsible .
In an attack to learn more about Stark ‘s newest engineering, Stane once again attempted to gain access to either his Arc Reactor or whatever designs he was working on in his basement, claiming that he needed some modern engineering that he could then pitch to their investors to calm them down, but Stark even continued to refuse him. Annoyed, Stane refused to let Stark take the pizza downstairs with him, although he let Stark take a match of slices. [ 1 ]
Confessing the truth
- “Tony, who do you think locked you out? I’m the one who filed the injunction against you. It’s the only way I could protect you.”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
Stane arranged a party for Stark Industries at the Walt Disney Concert Hall but did not invite Tony Stark himself. While Stane was giving interviews to the press where he tried to assure them that weapons manufacture was merely a small separate of their companies ‘ work, Stark arrived anyhow. Greeting Stark, Stane recommended that he take this slow thus he did not upset the board of directors, which Stark promised he would though Stane was unconvinced .
Having spoken with Christine Everhart, Stark furiously confronted Stane about whether or not Stane had been secretly selling their own weapons to the Ten Rings, who had precisely recently attacked a greenwich village in Gulmira with Stark ‘s weapons, including the Jericho. Seeing no other option, Stane revealed to Stark that he was the one who had cut him from the ship’s company, claiming it was the alone way he could protect him before Stane walked away from the party .
Stane soon found out what Stark had been working on when he watched a KNKV News report card where James Rhodes explained that there had been an incident in Gulmira where several Ten Rings operatives had been killed and a combatant jet had been damaged. Stane knew immediately that this was the consequence of Stark building a newly and improved Iron Man Armor based on the original design he had used to escape his captors while trapped in Afghanistan. [ 1 ]
Creating Iron Monger
Attacking the Ten Rings
Read more : Maxwell Dillon (Earth-616)
Read more : Maxwell Dillon (Earth-616)
- “I will give you these designs… as a gift. And in return, I hope you repay me with a gift of iron soldiers.”
“This is the only gift you will receive. Technology. That’s always been your Achilles heel in this part of the world.”
- ―Raza and Obadiah Stone
ascribable to the Ten Rings finding all the remnants of the prototype armor which Tony Stark had used to escape, they attempted to make a raw deal with Stane to hand over the prototype to him in exchange for creating an army of similarly armor soldiers for the group to use. Stane met with Raza, commenting on his facial scars caused by Stark ‘s get off .
Stane told Raza that if they had killed him like he was supposed to quite than kidnapping Stark, he would not have his scars. Asking Stane to leave his bodyguards outside, Raza invited Stane inside to examine the armor and designs they had collected. Raza explained his desire to work with Stane and gain an united states army of iron soldiers so the Ten Rings could take over all of Asia, noting that he viewed the suit as the pinnacle of weapons engineering .
ultimately, Stane betrayed the Ten Rings, using a Sonic Taser to paralyze Raza and mocked his efforts to try and intimidate Stane. While he apologized to Raza for the unpleasant feeling the Taser was giving him, he promised that it would alone last fifteen minutes, although he made it clear that this would be the least of his problems. Stane then had Raza and the rest of the Ten Rings members executed because of their failure to assassinate Stark as he wanted .
With Raza and his subordinates now dead, Stane took the armor for himself. On his way back to the United States of America, Stane contacted his allies at Stark Industries and ordered them to set up a workshop underneath the Arc Reactor and arrange their top scientists, including William Ginter Riva to begin attempting to recreate the technology, demanding that they complete a working prototype of the Iron Monger a quickly as possible. [ 1 ]
- “Here is the technology. I’ve asked you to simply make it smaller.”
“Okay, sir, that’s what we’re trying to do, but honestly, it’s impossible.”
“Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!”
- ―Obadiah Stane and William Ginter Riva
While working to develop his own armored lawsuit, Stane learned that despite having his best scientists, working with all of the best resources that Stark Industries could provide them with, they were still unable to find some means that they could recreate the miniaturize Arc Reactor technology that Tony Stark used to might his first armor. however, they were able to continue work on the armor, building an enlarged interpretation of the original, fair without a way to might it .
Stane late went to his position and discovered that Pepper Potts was using his calculator. uncertain if she had indeed discovered his designs for his armor, Stane had a casual conversation with her about the whiskey that Stark kept in the function, commenting that Stark constantly got the best quality whiskey before claiming that he understood what Potts had been going through in an attempt to relax her and not scare her .
Having had a brief glance at the calculator, Stane saw that there was nothing noteworthy on the screen and concisely slack, hoping that he would not have to kill Potts. They then moved on and discussed Stark ‘s retort from Afghanistan and how much he had changed, with Stane claiming that he had been fabulously glad when Stark had returned from his kidnapping, noting that the world who had left had never come home as Stark had clearly leave part of himself in the cave with the Ten Rings. Potts, however, claimed Stark was a complicate homo but he would be alright in the end, leading to Stane claiming that Potts was a identical rare and particular kind of woman .
When Potts left, Stane took her newspaper from her, saying that he wanted to do the puzzles, before he checked his own calculator and discovered that Potts had indeed found out about all his plans by hacking into his computer and downloading all his files, including his design for the Iron Monger and the video Raza had sent him. He watched as Potts left the build along with Phil Coulson, intending to tell S.H.I.E.L.D. everything about Stane .
Stane then went to check on the scientists building the Iron Monger armor and demanded an update, being told that the engineering to shrink the Arc Reactor merely did not exist. This throw Stane into a rage and he screamed at his workers, demanding that they do the function that Stark was able to do in a cave with nothing but a box of scraps ; however, William Ginter Riva merely explained that he did not have the lapp skills as Stark .
Knowing he would soon be arrested, he used a Sonic Taser to paralyze Stark and ripped Stark ‘s reactor from his chest of drawers, intending to use it to power his raw courtship. Stane went on to tell him that he indeed ordered the hit on him and he planned to kill Potts adenine well, claiming her death would be Stark ‘s mistake as he got her involved in the first place. Stane then left Stark to die from a kernel attack and went to complete his work on his modern armor. [ 1 ]
- “For thirty years, I’ve been holding you up! I built this company up from nothing! Nothing’s gonna stand in my way, least of all, you!”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
Believing that Tony Stark would soon be dead due to having a heart attack, Stane returned to Stark Industries Headquarters. While Stane installed the Arc Reactor into his completed Iron Monger Armor, he was interrupted when he catch Pepper Potts and a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents arrive at the construct to arrest Stane for all of his crimes which Potts had uncovered, including working with the Ten Rings and organizing the Kidnapping of Tony Stark. Stane, however, focused on completing his work on his Armor so he was ready to face all of the agents .
Hearing them blow up the door with a Pick-Lock Device, Stane then powered up the Iron Monger and got inside the armor, cook for his concluding stand. While Phil Coulson and the other agents searched the workshop and finally found the Mark I Armor, Stane ‘s hiding set was soon discovered by Potts. When he was discovered, Iron Monger attacked and killed three of the Agents before furiously chasing after Potts who barely escaped from him in clock .
Determined to stop Potts from revealing his deals with the Ten Rings, Iron Monger then punched his room through the roof of the facility and found Potts attempting to call on Stark for help. As Potts looked on in horror and became cornered, Iron Monger loaded his gun and then aimed it at her, telling her that her services were no longer required. just as Iron Monger was about to kill Pepper with the Iron Monger ‘s promote weapons, however, he discovered that Stark was active and had come to save her in the newly Mark III armor. Before Iron Monger could shoot him out of the flip, Iron Man flew down and doss straight into his former friend .
Iron Man threw Iron Monger into the nearby expressway and they then engaged in a beastly fight to the end. Seeking to take advantage of Iron Man ‘s want to help people, Iron Monger cruelly picked up a car filled with barren people, with the intention of throwing it at him. As the women and children inside the car screamed in panic, Iron Man fired a radio beam of energy immediately from his own Arc Reactor at Iron Monger, knocking him away before Iron Man caught the cable car and placed it safely back on the ground, despite the screaming family driving into him in their attempt to escape the battle promptly .
While Iron Man was distracted by saving all the people, Iron Monger grabbed a excrete motorbike, causing the rider to crash, and used the motorcycle to strike Iron man before he threw him inside a nearby busbar. Iron Monger began ranting about how he had spent years building up Stark Industries always since the death of Howard Stark and he refused to let Stark stop him now. Iron Monger then fired at the bus with his rocket, causing a massive plosion with Iron Man inside .
however, Iron Man survived the blast and hovered in the air. While Iron Monger complimented Iron Man on all the upgrades, he proceeded to show off his own suit ‘s raw promote capabilities by demonstrating its flying abilities. As Iron Man tried to fly away, Iron Monger gave pursuit, flying higher and higher into the flip over Los Angeles while Iron Man instructed J.A.R.V.I.S. to help him get even higher with Iron Monger getting ever closer behind him .
finally, the Iron Monger caught up with Iron Man and then Iron Monger used all of his suit ‘s potency to crush the armor, mocking Stark as he did, however, when Stark mentioned if Stane had fixed the icing problems of the suit, which he had discovered while testing the Mark II. To his horror, Iron Monger suddenly realized that the extreme altitude had frozen the suit, causing it to malfunction and fall from the sky to the city thousands of feet below. [ 1 ]
Defeat and Death
- “How ironic, Tony. Trying to rid the world of weapons, you gave it its best one ever. And now, I’m going to kill you with it!”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
Surviving the fall, Iron Monger found Iron Man attempting to remove his Mark III armor as its baron began to run low. Iron Monger then attacked Iron Man, who was unable to defend himself as he had already taken off one of his gauntlets, allowing Iron Monger to strike him heavily and send him flying back. Iron Monger proceeded to grab ahold of Iron Man and used the Iron Monger Armor ‘s incredible persuasiveness to crush Iron Man, who used his flares to briefly blind Stane inside the lawsuit while Iron Man good managed to get away .
Iron Monger then searched across the rooftop of the Stark Industries Headquarters to find his target, until Iron Man then surprised him and jumped on his back, attacking Iron Monger and managing to damage his targeting arrangement by ripping out all the wires. Iron Monger then finally furiously ripped Iron Man off his rear, taking off his mask at the same time as the badly injured Tony Stark attempted to get to his feet, despite being excessively exhausted to continue the contend .
Iron Monger was calm able to trap Stark on a glass roof and shoot the glass from below him. Removing his own protective helmet, Stane crushed the Iron Man helmet and began mocking Stark by telling him that he had ultimately made his church father gallant while besides noting his attempts to end Stark Industries ‘ weapons manufacture had resulted in him creating the best weapon always, promising that he would immediately use that identical weapon to last kill Stark .
Iron Monger then began firing rockets at his foe with poor aim due to the price the suit had obtained, with Stark trapped as he held onto the platform for beloved life. In a desperate attempt to kill Stane, Stark then ordered Pepper Potts to overload the prototype large-scale Arc Reactor located at the complex underneath them. As a resultant role, the nuclear reactor electrocuted Stane to death. His body proceeded to fall into the reactor, resulting in a massive explosion. [ 1 ]
- “There’s nothing about Stane here.”
“That’s being handled. He’s on vacation, small aircraft has such a poor safety record.”
- ―Tony Stark and Phil Coulson
In the awaken of the highly public Duel of Los Angeles and Obadiah Stane ‘s subsequent death, Phil Coulson came up with a breed history ; Stane ‘s disappearance was explained by claiming that he was presently on vacation using a little private aircraft, one whose poor condom record would go on to publicly explain his death. [ 1 ]
- “Do you really think that just because you have an idea, it belongs to you? Your father, he helped us give the atomic bomb. Now what kind of world would it be if he was as selfish as you?”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
Publicly, Obadiah Stane appeared as a firm and devoted friend to the Starks ; his business partner Howard Stark, whom he helped build Stark Industries from the earth up with and his son, Tony whom Stane was apparently affectionate towards. In reality, he was a cold-hearted sociopath who had no regards for the wishes or feelings of others. Nor did he care about the destruction that the weapons Stark Industries created. He deeply enjoyed the agency and esteem that came with being CEO. This finally caused him to place a murder on the youthful Stark using the terrorist organization, the Ten Rings.
Read more : Người Nhện: Không còn nhà – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
More than once, Stane proudly called himself as a weapons manufacturer and “ iron trader ”, which shows that the only value he was concerned about was the matchless that would result in profit, which he used to convince the board of Stark Industries to remove Stark from might after he efficaciously shut down the weapons division of Stark Industries culminating in a highly meaning shed in the stock market. After utilizing the Iron Monger Armor, Stane promptly went on a rampage and attempted to destroy everything in his path during his fight against Iron Man. Throughout their crusade, he constantly stated how much he was enjoying the lawsuit ‘s power, causing havoc and recklessly ignoring homo life or casualties, claiming that it was only “ collateral damage ”. He was besides willing to kill Pepper to cover his tracks. In addition to his greedy and pitiless nature, Stane is besides quite foolhardy and arrogant. While he did manage to improve the first Iron Man suit, he never learned to properly train himself on how to use it before fighting Tony. This is best shown when he was about to kill Tony, but could n’t because of his poor people purpose .
Powers and Abilities
- “I never had a taste for this sort of thing, but I must admit, I’m deeply enjoying the suit!”
- ―Iron Monger to Iron Man
- Iron Monger Armor Capabilities: Stane had no superhuman abilities, instead using a powered suit of armor like Tony Stark’s. The Iron Monger Armor was reverse-engineered from the Mark I Armor and had many of the same capabilities as the Mark III Armor. However, it also had some design flaws inherited from the Mark I Armor, chiefly a dangerous icing problem that Stark had discovered when testing the Mark II but Stane only discovered during the Duel of Los Angeles.
- Superhuman Strength: The Iron Monger armor gave Obadiah superhuman strength. Each arm of the suit is able to lift 7.5 tons. He used this strength to effortlessly throw Iron Man around. He also lifted a car and threw it at Iron Man with almost no effort put into the throw. Using pure strength, he also crushed Stark’s armor to the point where it started sparking. He couldn’t finish the job, however, since Stark had deployed knee flares.
- Superhuman Durability: The Iron Monger armor can withstand ballistic weapons such as bullets and can sustain no damage towards crashing into walls or digging up concrete. Omnium, a steel alloy of incredible strength, was developed in Stark Industries’ Sector 16, specifically for use in the Iron Monger suit. While boasted to be superior, the armor has weaknesses, such as not functioning at freezing temperatures of the upper atmosphere, as it will freeze over and suffer a complete shutdown, and many of its core mechanics and wiring is set up at places beneath the suit where it can be easily damaged, something Tony Stark exploits to disable its targeting system.
- Superhuman Speed: With his upgrades to the Mark I Armor, Stane put in a flight system and better thrusters that allowed him to almost catch up to Iron Man when the latter flew up towards the sky.
- Superhuman Stamina: Like all Iron Man Armors, it took less energy in battle to punch, fly, and run. This allowed Stane to battle Iron Man in battle for a long time.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Although his heads up display wasn’t as advanced as Tony Stark’s, Stane was still able to dodge many strikes by Iron Man. When battling Iron Man, Stane noticed a motorcycle drive by his legs and grabbed the motorcycle just in time to be able to hit his opponent with it.
- Flight: Like Stark’s Iron Man armor, Obadiah upgraded the flight capabilities of the Iron Monger suit, giving it flight jets powerful enough to lift the massive suit. The flight jets can either be used during standard operation in short bursts to allow the suit to jump small distances, or the thrusters can reconfigure into a form of flight mode to allow sustained flight.
- Power Suit: The Iron Monger’s onboard computer had little navigational focus, as the suit was based on Stark’s Mark I, which had no computer system. Obadiah made smart targeting the HUD’s primary component. However, the smart targeting was deemed useless when Iron Man ripped out the component from the back. Therefore, Stane has to resort to his own aim in order to fire shots at Stark. The armor was equipped with an arm gun that allows him to shoot his opponents. However, the gun couldn’t fire hard enough bullets to be able to penetrate Stark’s last ditch arm shield.
- “Then, the passing of a titan. Howard Stark’s life long friend and ally Obadiah Stane, steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder.”
- ―Tony Stark’s award ceremony
- Expert Businessman: An exceptional businessman who even Howard Stark acknowledged enough to make Stane his partner, Stane would later on prove fully capable of managing the position of CEO of Stark Industries, maintaining the company at a high economic standing comparable to the rate with which his old friend had elevated the business to and slowly building the company’s standing as a leading arms manufacturer. He would also become Tony Stark’s most prominent and trusted advisor once he took his rightful ownership of the company. While Stane was revealed to be practicing “dirty ethics” and selling weapons to both sides of war fronts including the Ten Rings, he was still highly successful in his endeavors, remaining undiscovered for a lengthy, but undetermined, amount of time.
- Expert Tactician: Stane felt jealous over Tony Stark’s reign because he had been working with Howard Stark longer. This caused Stane to figure out a master plan in order to take Tony Stark down. This included getting the Ten Rings to kidnap Stark and kill him so that Stane can take over Stark Industries. However, this plan backfired when the Ten Rings found out they were paid to kill Tony Stark. Later, Stark would break out using Iron Man Armor. This prompted Stane to change his plan so that he could betray the Ten Rings and utilize the armor to kill Stark instead. His plan only failed because Stark was more skilled in combat.
- Expert Engineer: As a leading figurehead in the market of weapon sales, Stane was a well-versed expert in weapon design and weapons system engineering. Though not a natural prodigy on the level of Tony Stark, Stane still had successfully created sufficiently advanced inventions that during his time as the CEO, he had already begun to elevate Stark Industries into a leading arms manufacturer. During the creation of the Iron Monger Armor, Stane served as the lead supervisor, overseeing and designing the majority of the suit’s layout, capabilities, and integrated weapons.
- Bilingualism: Stane was fluent in his native English, as well as Urdu.
- “My suit is more advanced in every way!”
- ―Iron Monger to Iron Man
- Iron Monger Armor: Obadiah Stane possessed the armor which derives from the Mark I armor he recovered from the Ten Rings. It has powerful conventional weapons at his disposal including:
- Minigun: Stane has it mounted on the right arm on the suit.
- Rocket Launcher: Stane has it mounted on the left arm used to try to kill Tony Stark.
- Shoulder-Armed Missile: A missile launcher that is mounted on Stane’s right shoulder.
- “You remember this one, right? It’s a shame the government didn’t approve it. There’s so many applications for causing short-term paralysis.”
- ―Obadiah Stane to Tony Stark
- Sonic Taser: Stane carries around a sonic device that could be used to paralyze anyone exposed to it. Stane favored using this device as a means to hold people to his mercy, often paralyzing them before taking something of value from them for his own purposes, all the while taunting them before usually leaving them to die or be killed. Stane used the Sonic Taser first against Raza, leaving him to die at the hands of Stane’s men, and later against Tony Stark, before taking Tony’s Arc Reactor and using it to complete the Iron Monger armor.
- In the comics, Obadiah Stane was the head of his own company and not a part of Stark Industries, and also the first colleague of Norman Osborn.
- Stane is seen playing chess, which is a reference to his comic book alter ego leading a supervillain team known as the Chessmen.