- Affiliation and Relationships
- Physical Characteristics
- Origin and Living Status
- Personal Information
- Creators and Appearances
- See besides
All-Father, [ citation needed ] Val-Father, [ citation needed ] the All-God, [ 1 ] Atum-Re, [ 2 ] Infinity, [ 3 ] Wōden / [ 4 ] Woden [ 5 ] ( Anglo-Saxon list ), [ 6 ] Wotan [ 7 ] [ 4 ] ( Old High German mention ), [ 6 ] Wulf the Wanderer, [ 4 ] [ citation needed ] the Wild Huntsman, [ citation needed ] Orrin, [ citation needed ] Farma-god, [ citation needed ] Hanga-god, [ citation needed ] Hapta-god, [ citation needed ] Harbard, [ citation needed ] Odin One-Eye, [ 4 ] Sigtyr, [ citation needed ] Wad, [ 8 ] Raven-God, [ 9 ] Odin the Usurper, [ 10 ] Usurper, [ 11 ] Destroyer, [ 11 ] Desecrator, [ 11 ] Odin Giant-Killer [ citation needed ]
Val-Father,the All-God,(Anglo-Saxon name),(Old High German name),Wulf the Wanderer,the Wild Huntsman,Orrin,Farma-god,Hanga-god,Hapta-god,Harbard,Odin One-Eye,Sigtyr,Wad,Raven-God,Odin the Usurper,Usurper,Desecrator,Odin Giant-Killer
Affiliation and Relationships
Lost Gods, Avengers of the Stone Age, Council of Godheads
Reading: Odin Borson (Earth-616)
( parental grandfather ) ;
Grandparents: Buri (paternal grandfather);
Bolthorn (maternal grandfather)
Bor Burison (father, deceased);
Vili Borson (brother, deceased);
Ve Borson (brother, deceased);
Cul Borson (brother, deceased)
Freyja Freyrdottir (wife, separated)
Thor Odinson (son);
Vidar Odinson (son);
Balder Odinson (son);
Tyr Odinson (son);
Hermod Odinson (son);
Aldrif Odinsdottir (daughter);
Laussa Odinsdottir (daughter);
Red Norvell (adopted son, deceased);
Loki Laufeyson (adopted son, deceased);
Kid Loki (reincarnated adopted son, deceased);
Loki (Ikol) (reincarnated adopted son)
Mimir Burison (paternal uncle);
Njord Burison (paternal uncle);
Skadi (paternal aunt);
Hoder Vilison (nephew);
Aske (creation, deceased);Embla (creation, deceased);Donald Blake (creation)
Large extended family by
Large extended family by Loki and others
6′9″ ( 2.06 thousand )
650 pound ( 294.83 kilogram ),
in choice 700 lbs (317.51 kg) in prime
( once ) Blond (formerly)
Missing one eye
Origin and Living Status
Asgardian Son of an Aesir and a Frost Giantess ; Deity
Place of Birth
City of Asgard, Asgard-realm
Place of Death
Broxton, Oklahoma, United States of America
Cause of Death
Sacrificed himself to give Thor the full Odinforce
[ citation needed ] Wind, [ citation needed ] Wisdom, [ citation needed ] Crafts, [ citation needed ] Time, [ citation needed ] and the Dead ; [ citation needed ] Warrior Former Monarch of [ 6 ]
Deity; Asgardian God of the Sky,Wind,Wisdom,Crafts,Time,and the Dead;Warrior Former Monarch of Asgard, Asgardian Sky Father;
Base of Operations
City of Asgard, Asgard
Creators and Appearances
Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Jack Kirby
Journey into Mystery # 85
( August, 1962 )
Thor ( Vol. 6 ) # 22
( February, 2022 )
Aye. I am an erstwhile valet — foolish and fond, and agile with my temper. There are times I show little wisdom of solomon. And yet … here is wisdom. The foreign wisdom of solomon of the world-tree I gave this eye to. The tree that is everything. That has its roots and branches in all that is. There are ten realms in this reality — ten spheres, ten universes, and the tree winds through them all. Through every star and planet. Every hero and villain. Every life. Every story. I am Odin Borson, who build the populace from corpse-meat. I am Odin One-Eye, and sometimes my one eye is open. But above all, I am Odin All-Father. I am the one who speaks for the tree. I am the king of all stories … and you are my child .
Odin Borson [ 13 ] the All-Father [ 14 ] is King of Asgard and defender of the Ten Realms. He is a extremity of the slipstream known as the Asgardians, a group of android beings from the pocket dimension of Asgard, [ 15 ] the Realm Eternal. [ 16 ] During the ancient times, he was worshiped as the deity of wisdom by the humans known as Vikings on Midgard. He is considered the wisest and the most brawny of the Asgardians. [ 4 ] He is besides a member of the Council of Godheads battling all threats against the Pantheons of Earth. [ 17 ] Odin is a identify that is respected and feared throughout the Universe. [ 14 ] He is the son of Bor and Bestla, buddy of Vili, Ve, Cul and conserve of Freyja. He has fathered many children such as Vidar, Balder and of course the Mighty Thor his son and heir. [ 4 ] He hoped to bring peace to all the realms and during one of the great struggle against the Frost Giants of Jotunheim he defeated their leader Laufey. In the work he found his abandoned son Loki and adopted him as his own and hoped he would one day bring peace to their two realms. [ 18 ] When Loki learned the truth, he grew resentful turning of his adopted father hoping to usurp his throne. [ 13 ]
As with other Asgardians born after Buri, Odin and his pantheon have undergo several reincarnations over the millennium. Odin the All-Father ‘s on-key origin was shrouded in mystery, often only delivered in inadequate stories by Odin himself. Odin was presumed to be the son of Bor ( son of Buri, the first gear Aesir ) and Bestla, a giantess. Bor and Bestla had three other sons, Cul, Vili, and Ve. [ 19 ] Odin, Vili, and Ve bested Ymir the Frost Giant, constructing the universe from Ymir ’ sulfur cadaver. together, the three brothers established Asgard, which became the home of the gods. [ 20 ] [ 21 ] Odin once battled an incredibly knock-down cosmic storm called the God Tempest when it threatened Asgard. Odin defeated the God Tempest and sealed it aside into a ball of Uru that would one day be forged into the mighty malleus Mjolnir. [ 22 ]
( 1,000,000 BC )
At some point, Odin went to Midgard ( which was called Aesheim at the time ) and created the humans. Bor was ill-pleased and afflicted them with suffering. [ 23 ] initially struggling to control Mjolnir, Odin befriended a phone number of mystically-empowered prehistoric humans, forming the Stone Age Avengers to defend earth from threats like the out-of-control Celestial know as the Fallen. Odin wanted to nail the Fallen ‘s cadaver to the Moon as a warn to other Celestials, but alternatively he and the Avengers sealed the Fallen in an underground chamber in the contemporary country of South Africa. [ 24 ] He entered into a romantic relationship with his brother Lady Phoenix, who survived for longer than any of their comrades. [ 25 ] At some charge during their relationship, Firehair gave parturition to Thor. [ 26 ] When Bor died, his son Cul proclaimed himself All-Father and rule of Asgard, but Odin, Vili, and Ve opposed him. [ 27 ] [ verification needed ] [ citation needed ] Facing Cul ‘s rabies, perceived in his statements and actions against the mortals, wanting them to be afraid, Odin went to Yggdrasill and stabbed his eye as a sacrifice in exchange for wisdom, and was revealed that Cul was corrupted. The path to follow was then revealed to him by the World Tree via prophecy. [ 27 ] Along with his two brothers, Odin assaulted Cul ‘s fortress. For forty days and forty nights, Cul and his worthy remained shroud in the palace while his brothers slaughtered their Draumar forces and finally broke in. [ 27 ] [ 28 ] Facing Odin, Cul denied their brotherhood, claiming to be the Serpent that Will Feast on the World. Odin recited the prophecy of the World Tree and then defeated his brother, projecting him away. [ 27 ]
Odin then slaughtered the people of Aesheim, razing and renaming it Midgard for that no idol would always live there again. [ 27 ] Leading his armies, he destroyed the kingdom, assaulting the fortresses of the mortals and killing every single one of them ; [ 11 ] billions of mortals tainted by the Serpent ‘s illness. [ 29 ] Odin was known then as the Usurper or the Destroyer. [ 11 ] He erased the memory of his brother, and became the All-Father, trying to rule with solitaire and compassion ( unlike Cul ), and trying to escape the World Tree prophecy. [ 27 ]
Vili, Ve, and Odin late journeyed together into the kingdom of the Fire Giant Surtur. Vili and Ve sacrificed themselves to allow Odin to escape from Surtur ‘s kingdom. Upon their deaths, Odin ‘s own divine attributes were increased as a result of his brothers ‘ powers joining with his. [ 30 ]
Odin was invoked by Zarfhaanans during the Pre-Cataclysmic Age, circa 18,500 BC. [ 31 ]
During the Hyborian Age, Woden’ s diagnose was invoked by Vanirmen ( circa 10,000 BC ). [ 32 ]
Thor & Loki
Odin made Frigga, the Asgardian goddess of fertility, marriage, and motherhood, his queen. Odin purportedly besides mated with Jord ( Gaea ), in order to sire Thor, [ 33 ] although the Phoenix Force late exposed this as a lie down perpetrated to Thor so that he would protect the Earth. [ 26 ] subsequently Odin and his united states army battled King Laufey and the Giants of Jotunheim. As Laufey went to kill Odin, he was defeated and left for dead. Odin adopted Loki, son of Laufey, as his own son. [ 18 ] Unknown to him, this character was a trick set up by a future Loki to ensure their fortune. [ 34 ]
many Adventures of Odin
Odin, the son of Bor, the grandson of Buri, had many live adventures. Among these were his battle against Rimthursar ( which preceded Thor ‘s give birth ), the struggle with Kryllik and his trolls, his meeting with Fear and Desire, meeting Millennius, his defeat of the Mangog, and the imprisonment of a snow giant star. [ citation needed ] Odin was often accompanied by his ravens Hugin ( Thought ) and Munin ( Memory ), american samoa well as the wolves Freki ( Greedy ) and Geri ( Ravenous ). [ citation needed ]
idolize on Midgard
The Humans of Midgard continued to worship Odin as a widely revered God in Germanic and Norse religions. The assorted human tribes throughout Scandinavia and Germania such as the Vikings, Franks, Saxons and Anglo-Saxons. He became known by versatile names such as Wōden / [ 4 ] Woden [ 5 ], [ 6 ] Wotan [ 7 ] [ 4 ], [ 6 ] He was considered the god of the barbarians by the Roman Empire. [ 35 ] His worship grew and spread as this tribe migrated and conquered much of Europe, but began to wain with the insertion of Christianity. [ 36 ]
Odin finally learned of the coming of the Third Host of the Celestials, alien beings of impossible baron who had influenced the development of the Earth ’ s human race and intended to judge humanness ’ s worthiness to survive when the Fourth Host came. Odin had contacted Zeus, ruler of the olympian gods, during a conflict between the Asgardians and the Olympians, to which the two of them had put to a immediate end. The two monarchs then met with the ruling gods of Earth ’ s early pantheons to set a course of legal action. ( This group of the ruling gods of Earth former became known as the Council of Godheads ) .
Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu the Preserver of the Hindu gods, confronted the Third Host, which threatened to seal off the interdimensional passages between the gods ‘ realms and Earth unless the gods ceased interfering with the Celestials ’ activities for a millennium. Acting on behalf of Earth ’ s gods, Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu agreed to their terms, but Odin already began making plans for the Fourth Host, which would arrive about a millennium late. He constructed a lawsuit of armor with closely invincible powers called the Destroyer Armor and transformed the Ring of the Nibelung into the Destroyer ’ s armor. Frigga and the other lead goddesses of Earth ’ randomness pantheons took commission of finding Earth ‘s human beings who were deoxyadenosine monophosphate close to genic paragon as possible over these centuries. [ 33 ]
At one item, Odin decided that it was time for his son Thor to learn humility. Odin had Thor surrender his hammer to him and then sent him to Earth in the mortal guise of a crippled young aesculapian student named Donald Blake, stripped of his memory ( again ) of his true identity. As Blake, Thor learned the value of humble perseverance in dealing with his hurt stage, and he came to care for the brainsick and dying, first as a medical student, and belated as a successful doctor. After Thor had spent ten years in the function of Blake, Odin planted within Blake ‘s mind the suggestion to take a vacation in Norway. There Blake encountered a party of extraterrestrial being Kronans, besides known as the Stone Men from Saturn, and rediscovered his charming hammer Mjolnir. [ 37 ] Odin continued to take a great concern in his son ‘s animation, even though there was much friction between them because of Thor ‘s love for Earth and its inhabitants. When Thor fell in love with his adjunct Jane Foster, Odin disapproved and went to great lengths to break the kinship : He sent Loki to persuade the Enchantress to travel to Earth and seduce Thor, [ 38 ] and when that failed, Odin even traveled to Earth himself, which caused Loki to abuse his absence to try and claim the Asgardian throne for himself. [ 39 ] When Thor decided to reveal his confidential identity as Donald Blake to her, Odin temporarily removed his powers. [ 40 ]
Read more : Scarlet Scarab Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
Odin was believed dead doubly earlier, killed both times in combat with the Fire Giant Surtur ; during the first example Heimdall, and belated Balder, ruled Asgard in his absence, and a late time Thor inherited Odin ‘s wax power and ruled complete Asgard and, late, Earth, although this later separate of Thor ‘s lordship was erased ascribable to time travel. [ citation needed ] Odin ‘s spirit was salute during the final Ragnarok, freeing thor from Hela ‘s clutches to send him to Those Who Sit Above in Shadow. As Thor finally destroyed the Loom of Fates and stopped Asgard from perpetuating Ragnarok – which ends the entire Norse pantheon and Asgard itself – thor believed Odin might be dead permanently. [ 41 ] Years later, when Thor returned from hibernation in space, [ 42 ] he began to find the baffled Asgardians, [ 43 ] and despite successfully restoring them all, he did not attempt to find his beget. During the Odinsleep, Thor had a sight in which he discovered that on a subconscious level he did not want to do indeed as he wished to be free of his father. besides during his Odinsleep, Thor found Odin in a oblivion between life and death, where every day he did battle with Surtur to prevent the demon from re-entering the world. Odin declined Thor ‘s offer of taking his place, and stated that Thor must continue to lead the Asgardians, while Odin continued to exist in a state of matter he described as approximating the Asgardian equivalent of heaven in order to prevent Surtur from re-entering the global. [ 44 ] thor late brought Odin back to life in orderliness to garner consultation and care in defeating Uthana Thoth, leader of the Ano-Athox, [ 45 ] which Odin promptly defeated with the help of Thor. Odin learned thereafter of Asgard ‘s precipitation, Balder ‘s death, and Loki ‘s de-aging, leading his people to the split ruins of the World Tree. There, Odin revealed the fib of the universe seed, a universal semen of untold baron discovered hanker ago by Bor and his sons. Bor – not knowing the seed ‘s likely power – planted it therefore giving parturition to the World Tree. Odin commanded Thor to retrieve the world semen from the depths of the ruin tree. thor proceeded into the depths, retrieving the seed entirely at the monetary value of a wound that continued to fester upon him hanker after. [ citation needed ] Odin wandered the debris of Asgard until he sensed the awaken of the Serpent. Uatu the Watcher arrived nearby to monitor this key event in history. Odin proceeded to berate and scold the Watcher for his passive stance toward the coming prophecy. thor later discovered him yelling to which he questioned him why Odin responded by giving a dismissive answer. Heimdall later interrupted the gather of heroes in Asgard declaring the coming of the Serpent. Odin commanded all Asgardians to leave Midgard. Thor refused and began a battle against him. Odin used his power to render Mjolnir useless binding thor in chains bringing him to the Asgardian plane born-again under Odin ‘s power. Odin worked to transform the kingdom into a war car as part of his plan to raze Earth, therefore cutting the might base for the Asgardian Fear God. Later Thor escaped his confines thanks to Loki and pleaded with his father to return to Earth to save it quite than destroy it. Odin granted Thor his wish, returning him to Earth via a portal vein he created, sucking Thor in and tossing his forge Mjolnir with a rigorous warn : thor would have until the shadow of the Serpent fell on the World Tree before Odin ‘s plan to raze the earth would become inevitable. Odin was late seen appearing on the ruins of the World Tree when Tony Stark offered his sacrifice, in the class of his soberness, to speak to him. [ 10 ] Odin listened to Stark ‘s attract to use Asgard ‘s forges to create weapons that might aid the heroes against the Serpent. Odin agreed, transporting Stark to the kingdom Nidavellir, home of the Dwarves, the weaponsmiths to Asgard. Later Odin was seen with Heimdall at the gate to Asgard from Earth where the Avengers returned with a injure thor in tow and where an irate Captain America berated the All-Father to fix Thor, whose aid was critical to the struggle. Odin was speechless for a here and now, but dismissed the Avengers back to earth, taking thor to his private chambers, mystically healing some of his wounds and attempting to sway Thor from the battle against the Serpent which Odin deemed his own competitiveness. After Thor staunchly refused his plea, Odin retrieved the armor he wore when he bested the Serpent in their first battle. explaining he could only bind him, not kill him. [ citation needed ] Ancient laws prevented Odin from doing so, explaining that the load fell to Thor to end the serpent by dying in battle. Donning his own armor, Odin departed with Thor for Nidavellir to retrieve Stark and his weapons for enchantment by him. Making one last plea to Thor to be taken aside from the coming battle, asking the very same interrogate he posed when he beat Thor before : “ Are you man or are you god ? ” Prompting Thor to remind Odin of the man he raised him to be. Stark displayed the weapons to Odin which he, in change state, asked for his own weapon. Stark transformed into his armor modality displaying the modifications, Odin warned him he must be thrust into the hot Uru pool for his enchantment to which Stark agreed. [ 29 ] After Thor battled Nul and Angrir, he was injured and taken to Asgard where Odin helped and prepared him to conflict against the Serpent. When Thor died killing the Serpent, Odin exiled himself to Asgard quad, feeling guilty for not saving his kin, leaving his wife Freyja to reign over ( the nowadays called ) Asgardia after Tony Stark rebuilt it with his repulsor engineering. [ 46 ]
Odin was later freed from his self-exile by Loki. [ 47 ] He traveled to the Tenth Realm of Heven and discovered his long-lost daughter Angela. He revealed to Angela her true heritage as an Asgardian and offered to join him and the early Asgardians. Having been raised an Angel and taught to hate Asgardians, Angela refused. The All-Father then set to return to Asgardia. [ 48 ] After returning to Asgardia with his brother, Freyja revealed King Loki ‘s being and their plans for Asgardia ‘s golden future by forcing award day Loki to become evil once more. Odin berated his wife, claiming that he wished no separate of the plan and that Loki would not go well into any “ box ” they planned for him. [ 49 ] After Loki revealed that he had killed and stolen the torso of the youthful Loki Thor had resurrected, thus being beaten and exiled from Asgardia by Freyja, Odin appeared to Loki and told him that he already knew, reaffirming that Loki was his child and that he loved him however. however, Odin refused to help Loki, claiming that he needed to pay for killing his well self and to remember what a lie was before sending him back to Earth. [ 14 ]
The New Thor
After Thor became unworthy to wield Mjolnir, [ 50 ] Odin attempted to retrieve it, but the worthiness enchantment had changed, which caused Odin to become undeserving to lift it a well. soon after, Odin learned that a new Thor had been taken up the mystic weapon. Odin took this personally and wanted the mallet back. Odin asked Heimdall who the new Thor was, but Heimdall told Odin that he was n’t all-knowing and even he could n’t determine the new Thor ‘s identity. therefore, Odin ordered his son, the original Thor, immediately going by the name of Odinson, to determine the identity of the new Thor. [ 51 ] Odin finally decided to plainly get the mallet back and sent his revived brother, Cul Borson, to retrieve it while in the Destroyer Armor, however, this plan failed. [ 52 ] Following the disappearance of the Odinson, Odin became a tyrant and began to rule Asgardia with an iron fist, using the Thunder Guard and the Destroyer Armor to protect his sovereignty, and going equally far as imprisoning anyone opposing him, including his own wife, [ 53 ] for having assisted the new Thor against the Destroyer. [ 54 ] When Thor interrupted Frigga ‘s test, Odin confronted her and they fought. [ 55 ] The battle was halted after Loki attacked Frigga with a poison dagger. Odin retreated to the chamber of the Odinsleep to treat Frigga, and remained there for months [ 56 ] transfusing portions of his powers unto her body. [ 57 ] He resurfaced when the Mangog returned, and attempted to kill the animal with Odinson ‘s help oneself, to no avail. [ 58 ] The Asgardians were saved by Thor, who killed the Mangog at the cost of destroying Mjolnir. The mallet ‘s destruction caused Thor to revert to the ill mortal form of Jane Foster and yield to her cancer. [ 59 ] Jane ‘s sacrifice gained her Odin ‘s regard. Because of this, the All-Father joined his son ‘s efforts in channeling the God Tempest ‘s power to bring her back to life. [ 60 ]
War of the Realms
When Malekith prepared to launch the final attack in his War of the Realms to take over Midgard, he sent Dark Elf assassins after Odin. [ 61 ] He managed to fend off the assailants and joined the fight against Malekith ‘s army in Manhattan. Since he was still heavily injured, he was taken to the Avengers Mountain to rest. [ 62 ] Odin woke up when the heroes were already mounting a counter-offensive, and Freyja had gone on a mission to Svartalfheim to destroy the Black Bifrost, the means of transportation system of Malekith and his united states army across the Ten Realms. Odin went to her aid, clothe in the Iron All-Father Armor of Iron Man ‘s design, but both were taken hostage by Malekith after they destroyed the Black Biforst. [ 63 ] Odin and Freyja were taken to Stonehenge, where Malekith laid a trap for Thor, erecting a charming barrier that would kill his parents if anybody early than him passed through. [ 64 ] Thor managed to overcome Malekith ‘s ploy by recruiting his young self from the past and his older self from the future, who were besides joined by Jane Foster, temporarily restored to her Thor form. Following the victory over Malekith and Thor reclaiming the recast Mjolnir, Odin declared Thor the New All-Father of Asgard. [ 65 ] Following the war, Odin still suffered from the consequence and was angered when Thor was late to his coronation. His wife calmed him down and finally Thor was appointed the All-Father. [ 66 ]
After Odin stepped down as king of Asgard, he and Freyja went out into kingdoms beyond the Ten Realms to work on their marriage. however, Odin was excessively refractory, and finally, Freyja left him. Brokenhearted, Odin drowned his sorrows in alcohol until he was confronted by Jane Foster, the new Valkyrie. She told him that Donald Blake had gone delirious and was causing havoc, including trapping Thor and the Asgardians in separate dimensions and planning to destroy Yggdrasil. Motivated to stop Blake, Odin put on his armor and confront Blake as he was cutting Yggdrasil with Jarnbjorn. As Odin and Blake talked, Blake was confronted by Thor whose spirit was piloting the Destroyer Armor. [ 67 ] Blake was finally defeated, and Odin prepared to end him, but he was stopped by Thor who handed him Blake ‘s broken walk stick and used it to return from Blake ‘s kingdom. Thor ultimately spared Blake ‘s biography and allowed Loki to deal with him. [ 68 ]
Angela and Freyja late got Thor and Odin in concert to talk about Thor ‘s recent troubles, [ 69 ] including learning that his true mother was the Phoenix Force [ 70 ] and his inability to control Mjolnir. [ 71 ] Angela threatened to take the throne of Asgard if Thor and Odin did n’t patch things up. Freyja intervened before a battle broke out and ordered Angela to take Odin home while she talked with Thor alone. rather, however, Angela took Odin to a gladiatorial arena called the Black Hand of God and forced Odin to fight assorted opponents. [ 72 ] Thor former retrieved Odin so he could help him investigate the apparent larceny of Mjolnir by person called the God of Hammers. Odin took Thor to Nidavellir to have the dwarves track Mjolnir, only to discover that the God of Hammers had arrived there inaugural and exploited Mjolnir to carry out a genocide against the dwarves. [ 73 ] After Thor and Odin discussed the site with Loki, the God of Hammers was tracked to Broxton where it devastated the town where the God of Hammers ‘ identity was discovered to be the God Tempest who had merged with Mangog while in the Sun and planned to devastate the Ten Realms in retaliation for Odin trapping it in Mjolnir eons ago. After battering thor with Mjolnir, Odin intervened and had Sif use the Bifrost to banish the God Tempest and Mjolnir to the farthest reaches of being. however, the God Tempest quickly returned to Earth via Mjolnir. Odin pushed Thor to condom and was struck in the back by Mjolnir, paralyzing him. even with the avail of respective allies, the God Tempest could n’t be defeated. After Thor pinned the God Tempest beneath a climb of debris using the baron of Gaea, Odin apologized to Thor for causing everything that happened. He then told Thor that he was the greatest thing he ever created and revealed that he could n’t receive the entire Odinforce until he died. Odin then sacrificed his life to give Thor the full Odinforce, allowing him to last defeat the God Tempest. [ 74 ] After Odin ‘s funeral, Thor learned that Odin ‘s heart was immediately residing in the recast Mjolnir because Valhalla was wholly vacate, and therefore, Odin had no other place to go. [ 75 ]
Banner of War
After Banner went on a rampage in El Paso, Texas, Thor and the Avengers began hunting him. Thor finally found Banner. The two were finally transported to the Black Hand of God where Thor vowed to kill Banner. Thor besides agrued with Odin in Mjolnir about how to fight Banner. When Banner overwhelmed Thor, Odin took dominance of Mjolnir and struck the arena with frightful effect, causing Thor and Banner to fall into the space below. Thor then threw Mjolnir at Banner, allowing Odin to enter Banner ‘s mindscape. [ 76 ] While in Banner ‘s mindscape, Odin learned the that Banner ‘s rampage was n’t of his own doing but of a malefic character called Titan that took control of his body. Odin hoped to help Banner, but he was forced out of Banner ‘s mindscape when Thor recalled Mjolnir. then Iron Man appeared in a Celestial-sized Hulkbuster Armor to fight Banner. [ 77 ] While Iron Man fought Banner, Odin tried to help Banner by protecting him from Iron Man and pinned him down with Mjolnir as he tried to help Banner ‘s genial state. however, Banner was no longer in control of Hulk, causing Hulk ‘s anger to rage out of control until he unleashed a elephantine explosion. [ 78 ] Thor was mutated by the gamma energy released and turned crimson by Banner ‘s Titan persona. Banner became trap inside Mjolnir while Savage Hulk battled Thor. Banner asked Odin for help. Odin agreed and piloted Mjolnir to Hulk, allowing Banner to regain see of Hulk adenine well as bestowing the power of Thor to Hulk. Banner and Thor then battled. [ 79 ]
due to his status as All-father of Asgard, Odin is an extremely exultant deity, demanding respect from all gods and mortals ; he even dares to defy cosmic entities, such as the Celestials and Galactus himself. however, his pride turned him arrogant, to the point that he claimed that “ the universe works according to my will ” several times during his fight with Thor. [ citation needed ] Despite his pride, Odin values those who have proven themselves to be worthy, as when he gave Thor his powers back, after the thunder god had learned humility. He offered Beta Ray Bill the malleus Stormbreaker, after the Korbinite defeated Thor in combat. He besides forgave Jane Foster for taking Mjolnir after she sacrificed her own life to save the Asgardians from Mangog. [ citation needed ]
Odin possessed all the conventional attributes of an Asgardian God. however, as the king of the Asgardians, many of these attributes were significantly victor than those possessed by the majority of his race .
- Superhuman Strength: In spite of his advanced age, Odin is much stronger than most Asgardians, near the time of his death he could lift 60 tons, where an average Asgardian male can lift 30 tons. However, at his peak during the time of the Celestials 3rd host on Earth, Odin could lift 75 tons, but in Odin’s physical prime, he could lift 90 tons. He’s also able to augment his strength to even greater heights by tapping into the Odin Force. With this power, despite being extremely weakened due to his battle with Galactus and thereby forced to go into his “Odinsleep”, he was able to stagger the powerful cosmic entity with one powerful headbutt right before going into his Odinsleep (an act which injured both parties).
- Superhuman Speed: Despite his age, Odin is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete, allowing him to rival his speed with most superhumans.
- Superhuman Agility: Odin’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination are far superior to the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Odin’s reflexes are superior to the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Odin’s highly advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a human, and most other Asgardians. As a result, he possesses superhuman stamina in all physical activities. He could exert himself at peak capacity for months before fatigue would begin to impair him.
- Superhumanly Dense Tissue: Odin’s skin, muscle, and bone tissues are about 3 times as dense as those of a human beings. This contributes, in part, to Odin’s superhuman strength and weight.
- Superhuman Durability: Odin’s body is considerably more resistant to physical injury than the body of a human being, or even most other Asgardians for that matter. Odin’s body is capable of withstanding great impact forces, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, falls from great heights, and powerful energy blasts from cosmic level beings without sustaining injury, however, though to what extent is unknown.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Like all other Asgardians, it was possible to injure Odin, but he can recover from injury with superhuman levels of speed and efficiency. Odin is capable of regenerating massive tissue damage or loss to a degree far beyond that of most other Asgardians, even of being able to regenerate missing limbs and organs, faster and with much more efficiency. Odin’s healing powers are far superior to all other Asgardian Gods.
- Extended Longevity: Odin, like all Asgardians, was extremely long-lived, although not truly immortal like Olympians. However, Odin still ages at a pace much slower than human beings. He was also immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections.
- Odinforce: (possibly formerly) Odin is capable of manipulating vast amounts of magical energy, referred to as the Odin Power, the Odin Force, or the Odinsource, for a number of purposes. With this power, Odin was capable of magical feats such as transporting the entire human race to an alternate dimension, casting foes into deep space with a thought, read minds from across even dimensions, projecting force blasts, manipulate matter for a number of purposes, erecting nigh impenetrable force fields, barriers which can shield entire cities, altering size, endowing people or objects with powers, and compressing the population of an entire planet into a single being, namely Mangog. Odin was highly skilled in the use of his powers during combat situations, and was able to casually knock around the Silver Surfer and Thanos simultaneously and even put the Silver Surfer down in one simple blast when he got annoyed as he kept asking them to stand down, but they kept attacking to no avail, as their attacks could not even phase Odin. He has easily beaten Absorbing Man (who had absorbed Asgard itself) and Loki together. Odin’s power is such, that he was able to bring back both Thor and Brunhilde back to life. The power of the Odin Force is such that it can stop time itself, and allow one to travel through time. He has taken away a soul from the demonic entity Mephisto; Odin’s power was so vast, that when a part of Odin, his dark side bonded with the conceptual entity Infinity, went rogue, it was so large that it could crush planets in its grip as if they were pebbles, his mere limbs stretched as far as galaxies. Odin’s battle with Infinity destroyed entire galaxies and countless worlds. When awoken from his trance by Thor, Odin swiftly got rid of Infinity and with one simple act was powerful enough to restore all the damage Infinity had caused across the Universe in moments. Shortly afterwards, Odin was able to easily slay the virtually indestructible Hela, Asgardian goddess of death, in an attempt to stop her from claiming Thor’s life and soul, and then instantly bring her back to life upon realizing her continued existence was necessary to maintain the natural order of Asgard. Odin was able to quickly overpower Annihilus when the latter attempted to seize Asgard when its dimension intersected with that of the Negative Zone, after both Thor and the other Asgardians had failed in combat. Odin’s power is such, that it has stated that at his peak, it is equal to the likes of Galactus as Odin was able to render a hungry Galactus unconscious right before the Odinsleep. Even the ability to grant human beings the gift of immortality is within Odin’s grasp, as Thor asked him to do for Jane Foster in order to marry her. Odin is also capable of placing multiple permanent enchantments on items, as he did for Mjolnir, lasting until he himself cancels them or they are overpowered by a superior enchantment.
Odin was therefore powerful that in his contend with Seth which was waged on respective planes of being simultaneously and felt across countless planes of reality, the energy released from their struggle was thus brawny it shattered entire galaxies, reignited dying sun, and ripped the fabric of the multiverse. [ 85 ] In conflict, Odin frequently carries the charming spear Gungnir ( “ The Spear of Heaven ” ), an artifact made of the mysterious metal uru, that he uses to channel his personal energies, though possessing no abilities of its own ; and the power scepter Thrudstok, a modest mace. Odin besides bears Draupnir ( the “ Odinring ” ) as a symbol of domination, though its specific properties are as of yet nameless. He can manipulate energy for diverse effects, including project of concussive coerce, creation of coerce shields, levitation, molecular handling of matter, matter-energy conversion, illusion-casting, and inter-dimensional teleportation. Odin, however, is not wholly self-sufficient. Odin commands the life energies of the stallion Asgardian slipstream, and can absorb any and all of their life energies into his person at will, tied to the point of restoring animation to a dying Asgardian. While possessing power that is built-in opposed to the necessitate for outward sustenance Odin must once a year undertake the Sleep of Life, besides known as the Odinsleep – a submit of bass sleep last for one 24-hour day to keep his powers from waning. During this fourth dimension Odin is guarded close as he is vulnerable. [ 99 ] Odin occasionally travels using the enchant ship Skipbladnir, which had several mystic properties in its sails and oars, such as enabling Odin to navigate the “ sea of space. ” The ship can be mystically shrink to the size of a fist. Odin besides rides the eight-legged steed Sleipnir, who can fly through the vent at incalculable speeds .
- Allspeak: Thanks to the Allspeak Odin can communicate in all of the languages of the Nine Realms, Earth’s dialects, and various alien languages.
Manipulation of Mjolnir : due to his liveliness rest in the mystic mallet Mjolnir, Odin is able to manipulate the hammer to a certain degree, including flying it through the vent and controlling its trajectory. He was able to manipulate Mjolnir to the extent to where he could have it move faster than the rush of sound and strike a brawny gust. [ 76 ] Odin is besides able to negate or alter Mjolnir ‘s worthiness captivation, allowing Hulk to be bestowed with the power of Thor. [ 79 ]
Read more : Scarlet Scarab Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
- Possession: As a spirit, Odin is able to possess a person’s body and enter their mindscape through Mjolnir.
- God of Wisdom: Vast knowledge of ancient and arcane wisdom, considered to be his most powerful weapon.
- Expert Combatant: Odin is a skilled hand to hand combatant.
- Master Tactician: His thousands of years of experience resulted in him becoming a master tactician which could possibly win him many battles. In addition to feat such as preventing Ragnarok, it has been revealed that Odin was planning for the arrival of the Celestials Fourth Host for centuries. Odin’s wisdom was such that he was able to ultimately thwart the eternal cycle of Ragnarok forever by sending Thor to Midgard as part of his secret plan to destroy the Asgardian cosmic entities known as Those Who Sit Above in Shadow. Even after Odin had perished fighting Surtur, his plan for his son succeeded and set all of Asgard free.
- Asgardian Mystical Combatant: Odin was also extremely adept at wielding his vast energy powers during combat situations. Odin was extremely skilled at using Asgardian magic, surpassing even that of Karnilla or the Enchantress.
- Odinsleep: At periodical intervals, approximately once every year, Odin is required to sleep for about a week to renew his godly energies. If Odin misses the Odinsleep (a state of deep sleep where he recharged the Odinforce, but left him as vulnerable as a mortal), his power level begins to diminish. Odin’s power is also dependent upon the dimension of Asgard itself.
Odin normally wears Asgardian struggle armor. He besides at times wears a blue sky dissemble with a wide brim hat covering his missing left eye, at which times it was said he went by the name Grimner .
- Draupnir: Odin also wore Draupnir (the “Odinring”) as a symbol of supremacy. The specific properties of the ring are as yet unknown.
- Gungnir: (“The Spear of Heaven”), which was made of Uru, a metal unique to the dimension of Asgard. The origin of this three-pronged spear was unknown. Odin enchanted the spear to return to his hand when thrown. Gungnir had no powers on its own; rather, it served as a conduit through which Odin could channel his power.
- Thrudstok: a power scepter, a small mace. Like Gungnir, it was made of Uru. Thrudstok had no powers on its own; rather, it served as a conduit through which Odin could channel his power.
- Odinsword: Also known as the Over Sword of Asgard. A special weapon. It was a giant-sized sword that, if ever unsheathed, it was said, that “the end of the universe is at hand”.
- Skidbladnir: a Viking-style long-boat whose enchanted sails and oars enabled it to navigate the “sea of space”. Its mystical properties enabled Asgardians to ride it safely without any natural protection from the vacuum of space. Skidbladnir could be mystically shrunk to the size of a fist.
- Sleipnir: Odin rode the eight-legged steed Sleipnir, who could fly through the air at incredible speeds.
- Odin has utilized multiple animals in his service.
- Munin: Odin’s raven, flew through the Nine Worlds gathering information which it conveyed to Odin.
- Hugin: Another raven, which performed the same function, was somehow killed while investigating Surtur’s latest plot against Asgard.
- Freki & Geri: Odin’s two intelligent wolves who served him.
- Sleipnir: Odin’s mighty steed whom of which he often road throughout the Nine Realms, as a boy Odin and his two brothers saught to tame him in order to curb his rampages.
- Odin losing his eye has multiple contradicting and often contradictory causes and occurrences:
- He has sacrificed his eye to Mimir in exchange for wisdom (or for an answer to his quest to save Balder and prevent Ragnarök).
- He has sacrificed his eye to Yggdrasill to gain wisdom and defeat his brother Cul.
- He lost his eye at some point during the Aesir/Vanir War (though it isn’t mentioned how).
- According to himself, Odin has fathered more sons than he cares to remember with the many lovers he has had over the eons.
Like this ? Let us know !