|— Genos’s tagline|
- Abilities and Powers
Demon Cyborg (鬼サイボーグ, Oni Saibōgu) (Hero Name)
Human ( Cyborg )
[ 1 ] [ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
178 cm (5’10”)
[ 2 ]
Z-City ( Z-City Ghost Town )
Saitama ‘s Apartment
Kuseno ‘s Laboratory ( once )
Highly Skilled and Strategic Combatant
Full Cyborg WeaponryHighly Skilled and Strategic Combatant
( The Blizzard Group Arc – current )
S-Class : rank and file 16 ( Sea Monster Arc – Garou Introduction Arc )
S-Class : membership 17 ( National Superhero Registry Arc – giant star Meteor Arc )
( Neo Heroes Introduction Arc – Webcomic Current )
S-Class: Rank 11
S-Class: Rank 14S-Class: Rank 16S-Class: Rank 17
Saitama ( Teacher )
Dr. Kuseno ( Grandfather Figure ) [ 3 ]
Unnamed Family Members (Deceased)
Zach Aguilar Genos ( ジェノス, Jenosu ) is the deuteragonist of One-Punch Man. He is a 19-year-old cyborg and the disciple of Saitama. He is constantly aiming to become more herculean and he fights for department of justice. Under the Hero Association, he is given the name Demon Cyborg ( 鬼サイボーグ, Oni Saibōgu ) and is presently S-Class Rank 14 .
Genos is a mechanical cyborg of average human altitude. His boldness and ears look like that of a normal homo, made of artificial bark substantial, and his eyes have black sclera with yellow irises. He has spiky blond hair and his eyebrows are blond ( brown in the zanzibar copal ). He besides has pierced ears. Genos ‘s wardrobe consists of street clothes with all of his upper-body attire being bootless as to allow his arms to transform without fuss. He has many different sets of arms, with varying abilities and strengths. noteworthy examples of his respective “ arms ” are those he used in his sparring match against Saitama [ 4 ] and the arms he equipped to combat the meteoroid [ 5 ]. Sometimes the weapon sets he uses create a metallic element framing around his grimace, like when utilizing Arms Mode and in his Monster Association Arc Upgrade .
Expand to see original webcomic information. Beware of spoiler content. During his fight against the Forest King, he has an upgrade soundbox, which exposes the department of energy core in his breast .
Genos is an highly serious character, rarely if ever making jokes. He constantly aims to become stronger and frequently looks to Saitama for advice to achieve his goals. Since becoming Saitama ‘s disciple, Genos is very godly and protective towards Saitama ( who he refers to as “ headmaster ” ). Genos envies and reveres Saitama, although this does not stop him from expressing irritation and incredulity at the everyday training regimen Saitama used to gain his powers. [ 6 ] On occasion, Genos acts as a amusing foil to Saitama ‘s clueless antics, using a kind of special techniques, conflict tactics and automatic upgrades to combat villains ( often sustaining awful wrong in the march ), only to be outclassed by Saitama with a single punch. Due to Saitama ‘s incredible forte, Genos believes that there is a secret to Saitama ‘s ability. He is motivated to observe Saitama close in order to understand the secret to his master ‘s incredible persuasiveness. [ 7 ] Genos is an intense person, unyielding in his pursuits. Before meeting Saitama, he was even more intense but Saitama has been a moderating influence on Genos, helping him to be calm and take a more measure approach to his pursuit of justice and power. Genos realises how far he ‘s semen when he witnesses Sweet Mask dispatch a group of foreigner prisoners without mercifulness and remarks how similarly hard-hearted he used to be himself. [ 8 ] Genos has slowly become less good and becomes a snatch curious about some minor things such as the intend of fun. [ 9 ] Genos fully respects two people Saitama, and Dr. Kuseno ( the man who saved him ). [ 10 ] He extends professional respect to those who demonstrate actual expertness, like Bang and Bomb, [ 11 ] and tolerates people who Saitama willingly spend prison term with, like King. [ 12 ] He is rather aweless to about anyone else, particularly those who attempt to interrupt, or tease Saitama. Whenever Bang or Fubuki command him or attempt to recruit Saitama, Genos will cut them off and tell them to get to the point. He will defend his position as Saitama ‘s disciple, actively discouraging Saitama from letting other people get besides finale. This hostile behavior does not lone extend to those who offend Saitama, but Dr. Kuseno ampere well. Genos has tied called out Saitama when he called Dr. Kuseno an previous man, but he immediately apologized when his maestro told him to give it a rest. He besides does not respect the authority of the Hero Association very much, telling Sitch that even though he was n’t separate of the independent task pull team to invade the Monster Association that he would have gone anyhow, and states that none of his decisions have anything to do with the Hero Association. [ 13 ] Genos appears to take a certain pride in his abilities and himself. In his battle against Awakened Cockroach when he is aggravated that he had to use his instant adhesive gel, as it forces Genos to accept there were monsters faster than him. [ 14 ] Nevertheless, his fights with G4, Face Ripper, Awakened Cockroach, and Garou prove that he does not entirely think about raw might and is volition to fight strategically if need be. Genos was besides a unplayful person before he became a cyborg, being described by ONE as having been a diligent, creditworthy son from the begin. [ 15 ]
Abilities and Powers
As an S-Class hero, Genos is undoubtedly a mighty fighter. And for person his age, Genos has a significant amount of battle know, as he claims to have defeated countless evil entities and organizations before meeting Saitama. [ 16 ] His youth and impulsiveness silent overcome him on occasion, which sometimes costs him victory in conflict. According to Gyoro Gyoro, his functionality is terrifyingly adept but lacks the firepower to take down something adult and durable as Elder Centipede. He has become more knock-down since that fight and is increasingly open to fighting strategically in order to win. The Virtual Genocide System ‘s ( VGS ) simulations showed Genos ( at the time ) with a 70 % find of victory against any calamity charge demon monster. [ 17 ]
Immense Strength : Enhanced by his cyborg physiology, Genos possesses incredible forcible potency, and is able of breaking apart the ground with a dropkick, [ 18 ] and punching quickly with adequate impel to tear apart a cliff face. [ 19 ] He is besides able to lift a hand truck with a individual hand without trouble. [ 20 ] During his brief fight with the Deep Sea King, he was able to land a full-force punch on the creature that sent it flying through the wall of the safety protection. [ 21 ] In his competitiveness with Garou, Garou noted that his lastingness rivaled that of Tanktop Master. [ 22 ] Immense Speed and Reflexes : Genos is identical agile and he can move so debauched that he appears to be teleporting. He was able to keep up with Speed-o’-Sound Sonic for a considerable sum of clock in their conflict, with both of them moving faster than sound, and Fubuki being ineffective to follow their movements at all. [ 23 ] Immense Endurance : Genos ‘s consistency is about completely artificial and does not have the lapp vulnerabilities that wholly organic beings possess. He does not tire in the conventional sense as his performance and abilities are tied to the circumstance of his cybernetics, energy supply in his core along with the energy output of his core. His body is composed of super-hard materials and can only be “ hurt ” when away forces exceed the limits of those materials. He can shrug off small explosions as when Sonic hit him full-on with his exploding shurikens. Genos can continue fighting without much drawback even with portions of his torso missing. As he has no blood or full of life fluids, he can not suffer from blood loss and as his aflutter system is connected to his cybernetic body differently than normal humans, he can not be inflicted with or inhibited by going into electric shock. He has been able to fight and move even after his limbs have been torn off at assorted times. During separate battles, he is able to stand on his feet after respective blows from Carnage Kabuto, and is besides able to stay conscious even after he used about all the energy in his core. Due to most of his consistency being artificial, he appears to have an extremely high tolerance to injuries due to him not being able to feel pain for the most region. however, given the expression on his face after making touch with the Deep Sea King ‘s acid spit, it could be assumed that Genos feels pain from the direct acidic corrosion of his body. Besides this, he does not frequently show significant signs of physical stress. Radiation Resistance : Being a cyborg, Genos is highly insubordinate to deadly radiotherapy that can cause strong humans like heroes, even S-Class ones, to collapse very quickly and will ultimately kill them upon enough exposure. [ 24 ]
- First adaptation
- Second/third version
- Anti-Saitama Tactical Arms
- third base version
- Arms Mode ( against meteoroid )
- Arms Mode ( against Deep Sea King )
- Fourth translation
- Fifth version ( G4 Upgrade )
- sixth version ( Post-Super-Fight-Arc Upgrade )
- seventh interpretation ( Monster Association Arc Upgrade )
- specialize swim parts
Full-body Cyborg Enhancement: Genos ‘s stallion body has been replaced with active cybernetics and prostheses, giving him an extreme level of potency and focal ratio, american samoa well as advanced sensors and projectile attacks. All of his parts have made Genos besides heavy to swim and he needs particular parts in decree to do then. [ 25 ] In addition to these modifications, Dr. Kuseno gave Genos the ability to taste and made it so his cybernetic torso turns organic intake into biofuel, presumably to world power his person. [ 26 ] He has been shown eating on multiple occasions like when he engages in an corrode contest with Saitama [ 27 ] and when he eats hot pot at Saitama ‘s apartment. [ 28 ] Core ( コア, Koa ) : Genos ‘s body is powered by an energy sector labeled “ CORE. ” It is attached to his body by a single cable and is held inside his thorax. During his undertake to destroy the meteoroid, Genos removed the core from his thorax and placed it in a alike holding place in his sleeve, in Arms Mode, to direct all the energy into his incineration Cannons. [ 29 ] [ 2 ] During his battle with Psykos and Orochi, it transpires that the core is a nuclear reactor. [ 30 ] Armor and Replacement Parts: Genos benefits from the nature of automatic equipment itself. He can lose limbs or have his body tear apart, only to return in perfective or even an improved condition through surrogate parts and repairs. As a cyborg, Genos does not seem to feel pain to the same extent as regular humans and can keep fighting even when limbs are severed or he is sternly injure. Genos ‘s lastingness is high enough that despite taking several knock-down blows from Carnage Kabuto [ 31 ] and having one of his own knock-down blasts reflected at him, [ 32 ] he was still conscious and able to stand and walk. [ 33 ] Cyborg Leg ( サイボーグレッグ, Saibōgureggu ) : Genos ‘s legs have a durable design to support high-speed campaign. They are equipped with a shock-absorbing mechanism that keeps the interval between land and the adjacent movement short. [ 2 ] And from his Post-Super-Fight-Arc Upgrade forth, Genos has rocket boosters installed in his branch which allow him to perform powerful energizing gripe attacks, an example of this is his Jet Drive Arrow .
- Base form Incineration Cannon
- Maximum Gauge Incineration Cannon
- Spiral Incineration Cannon
Incineration Cannons ( 焼却砲, Shōkyaku-hō ) : Genos ‘s palms contain ports that allow him to fire large, potent blasts of heat, fire, or plasma across significant distances. One blast was herculean enough to obliterate the multi-story above-ground headquarters of the House of Evolution, vitamin a well as the top of the batch it was situated on and a big collocate of a mountain far in the distance behind the build. [ 34 ] His Incineration Cannons have varying levels of office depending on what set of arms he is presently using. For case, when utilizing Arms Mode, Genos ‘s arms can produce tied stronger blasts. [ 35 ] When using his Arms for Chores he can reduce the power of his blasts to a warm cinch to dry dishes. [ 36 ] Hyper Sensors ( ハイパーセンサー, Haipāsensā ) : Genos ‘s cyborg body contains respective passive voice and active sensors which allow him to scan the environment, such as detecting living organisms, firm approaching objects, high-energy bodies and many other anomalies, thus keeping him on guard. [ 2 ] however ; the sensors are not perfect, as they can however be confused by the extreme point rush of an opponent like Saitama or by certain monsters like Elder Centipede who are so large that Genos ‘s sensors identify it as many unlike enemies. Their utility is besides limited by Genos ‘s reaction time .
- Search Eye (サーチアイ, Sāchiai): Genos is capable of detecting heat signatures, analyzing speeds, and levels of energy nearby. Once a target is locked on to, he will effectively keep track of it, even if the target is hidden by a smokescreen.
Instant Adhesive Gel: A creature Genos gained after his contend with Sonic to deal with opponents faster than him. [ 37 ] The gelatin is extremely muggy and fast-acting, preventing fast opponents from moving and allowing Genos to defeat them .
Detachable Body Parts: Genos first sported detachable and recallable arms during his fight with G4, where the arms were retrieved with a cable. [ 38 ] During his fight with Garou, his hands are upgraded to be able to detach from his torso with still and are armed with rocket boosters to be controlled by Genos remotely. It is besides armed with steel wire to restrain opponents. [ 39 ] Genos besides reattached his torso with his lower body when he was cut in two during his struggle against Elder Centipede. [ 40 ] Arm-Blades: Genos ‘s arms are armed with razor-sharp blades. These debuted in his Post-Super-Fight-Arc Upgrade. He used them to kill a number of low ranking members of the Monster Association sent to assist Garou [ 41 ] [ 40 ] arsenic well as to blind Elder Centipede during their fight, to apparently no avail. [ 40 ] Boosters ( ブースター, Būsutā ) : [ 2 ] once engaged, these boosters located in Genos ‘ shoulders and elbows enable amazing acceleration and limited flight. Using his handle for jet propulsion in the face-to-face steering, he can perform rapid maneuvers. The ascent given to Genos by Dr. Kuseno before the Monster Association foray into have given these boosters greater power, granting Genos the ability to travel upwards at bang-up heights. [ 42 ] Arms for Chores: When not in conflict, Genos can change into especial arms dedicated to house chores. His good handwriting comes with a built-in vegetable peeler [ 43 ] and his handle besides allow him to generate a warm breeze to dry dishes. [ 44 ] It was besides commented that Genos could be the issue one housekeeper. [ 45 ]
list of Upgrades
Anti-Saitama Tactical Arms: These are a hardened of replacements Genos used during the National Superhero Registry Arc when Genos and Saitama sparred in the prey. These arms are differentiated from his normal arms by being black, having much larger shoulders, forearms, and fists and generating an orange burn between the plates of metallic. The fists and forearms of these arms open to reveal several cannons. The balance beam generated by the cannons are significantly larger than those of his normal arms and are characterized by smaller individual beams circling the main air. If he puts both of his fists together the resulting blast is massive, much larger than that of one sleeve. [ 46 ]
Arms Mode ( アームズモード, Āmuzu Mōdo ) : A prototype weapon system. When inactive, it takes the form of a bag. [ 47 ] [ 48 ] To activate it, Genos pushes a button on the cover and then throws it in movement of him. [ 49 ] The bag splits down the in-between and separates, each half then opening to reveal the “ arms ” inside. The arms then clasp over Genos ‘s arms. When the “ arms ” amply attach, parts run up his shoulders and neck and his face is framed by pieces of alloy. [ 50 ] The new arms are much thick and are all black, with the blaster on his palm having changed human body ampere well. [ 51 ] While using these arms, Genos was shown to be able to move his core to the bicep of his exit arm, directing all of his exponent into a massive bang. [ 52 ] Arms Mode bares a dramatic resemblance to Genos ‘s Anti-Saitama Tactical Arms, possibly alluding to the former being an promote translation of the latter. Post-Sea-Monster-Arc Upgrade: After his conflict against Deep Sea King, Genos now has the ability to detach his limb, namely his hands, as seen in his contend against G4 when he used Rocket Punch. His limb are alone semi-detachable as they are however connected to the main torso via a cable. [ 53 ] According to the Virtual Genocide System ‘s ( VGS ) simulations, with this upgrade Genos would be able to defeat Mosquito Girl and Deep Sea King even in his wet shape with relative relief. however, the Virtual Genocide System ‘s ( VGS ) simulations besides show that Normal Carnage Kabuto would still beat Genos in two attacks even with the upgrade. [ 54 ] G4 Upgrade: After defeating the struggle automaton G4, Genos replaces his parts with the parts of G4 which enhanced his travel rapidly and exponent. After this upgrade the purpose of Genos ‘s arms changes again. His shoulders are larger than former upgrades with two pieces of shoulder armor on top of one another both with holes in them to allow estrus to escape and slot drive screw-like joints for his shoulders to move. His arms appear as if they are wrapped in metal tape with rivets all along them going down to his wrists and he has the lapp slot driveway screw-like joints on his elbows. His hair besides received fiber enhancements to make his hair resistant to shock and heat. [ 55 ] furthermore, he is equipped with adhesive material gel. [ 56 ] Post-Super-Fight-Arc Upgrade: After being heavily damaged by Gouketsu, Dr. Kuseno rebuilds Genos into a newly version that promote increases his persuasiveness. With these upgrades, he was able of gaining an advantage against Garou in fight, albeit Garou was in his diminished state at the time, prompting the Hero Hunter to compliment his abilities and flush comparing his physical persuasiveness to that of Tanktop Master. [ 57 ] Furthermore, Genos can now recall his consistency parts if they get detached. [ 58 ] additionally, he can summon blades from his arms that he used to slice through a horde of low-level monsters during the battle against Garou. [ 59 ] He used these against Elder Centipede ‘s exposed face late. [ 60 ] His arms besides have an about net-like ability that he used to bind Garou to a tree after his arm was ripped off. [ 61 ] Monster Association Arc Upgrade: After Genos ‘s struggle against Elder Centipede, Dr. Kuseno upgraded Genos once again to a new shape. This form has sharper and more jag arms than his former forms with 3 large protrusions on each shoulder resembling knives, in this upgrade he takes on an about demon-like appearance. additionally, the blaster ports in his palms take the form of gaping monster mouths and there are what appear to be tubes or wires coming from each of his arms connecting to the second of his lead, forming a metal framing around his face. [ 62 ] What sets this upgrade apart from others even further is its full moon black appearance, [ 63 ] compared to former upgrades that were a mix of bootleg and other color metals, or no black at all. The armor is besides arranged as overlapping plates rather than plates that abut one another. This form is unbalanced and focuses heavily on raw destructive baron, at the request of Genos, because of Saitama ‘s suggestions. Dr. Kuseno stated that Genos can lone go full-power with this raw upgrade for 10 seconds. Any more and his core would possibly give out and explode, killing Genos. [ 64 ] In this form, Genos has beam emitters integrated along his arms & shoulders that he can use to attack enemies around him while he is otherwise occupied. These beams bend and arc towards his enemies exchangeable to those of G4, indicating that Dr. Kuseno integrated the engineering into this upgrade. [ 65 ] At full ability, stated by himself, Genos is capable of firing energy beams knock-down adequate to destroy a giant meteoroid in one shoot. With this, he managed to deflect the fusion of Psykos and Orochi ‘s energy attacks with his own. [ 66 ] With his ten-second last repair attack, True Spiral Incineration Cannon, Genos was even able to match and completely neutralize one of the fusion monster ‘s largest energy balance beam using said attack. The heat generated by the attack melted the armor over his core and left his arms glowing white-hot. [ 67 ]
Expand to see original webcomic information. Beware of spoiler content. Post-Psychic-Sisters-Arc Upgrade: At some steer after the final conflict with Monster Association, Genos received another ascent from Dr. Kuseno. His appearance in this form bares a resemblance to his G4 Upgrade in the manga, with the summation of bracers on his forearms and core visible on his chest. Genos gains two new abilities with this upgrade called Lightning Core and Scorching Core respectively. The first gear of which produces an highly bright, blinding light from the core in his breast [ 68 ] and second base of which produces extreme point heat from his effect able to deal damage in a large area at the cost of damaging himself. [ 69 ] We are not shown any further features of his Lightning Core ability, if any exist, as Genos cut his spar with Saitama brusque before they evening started trade blows. [ 70 ] Genos claims that in this form he has adequate firepower to fight Dragon-level threats. [ 71 ] This is late testify correct when he is able to defeat the Dragon-level threat, The Extended Family of Darkness, by himself, though sustaining meaning damage in the action. [ 72 ] Furthermore, in a previous battle, he still had some difficulty fighting a Demon-level freak, losing one of his arms and taking minor damage to the rest of his body during the battle despite winning. [ 73 ] Additionally, his speed has increased well, as seen when he briefly kept up with Flashy Flash in a short fight with him outside of Saitama ‘s fresh apartment in A-City. [ 74 ] Additionally, when he fought the Internet Surfers he was able to dispatch one of the monsters at roughly the same focal ratio as Flashy Flash. [ 75 ] Post-Supreme-Hero-Arc Upgrade: After sustaining heavy price in his contend against the Extended Family of Darkness, Genos is once again repaired and upgraded with new parts courtesy of Dr. Kuseno. This modern form has the same expose breast core as his former upgrade with triple-layered pauldrons on his shoulders, similar bracers to his previous shape with plates on the front and two sets of rivets in them on each side, his biceps have two large bolts going all the way through from one side to the other. He besides has a large alloy collar around his neck with rivets lining both sides of his neck up to below his ears. In this form, with apparent little campaign, he was able to defeat a Dragon-level threat alongside Drive Knight fairly easily and with no prolong damage. [ 76 ] Upon releasing the full baron state of matter of the upgrade, which only lasts about 30 seconds, Genos was capable of engaging in battle with three Dragon-level threats Machine God Body, Machine God Ray and Machine God Tech simultaneously, even managing to quickly destroy all of them singlehandedly, albeit entirely 9 % of his energy remained after the conflict. [ 77 ]
Final Secret Upgrade: Before passing away, Dr. Kuseno revealed the final dress of upgrades he ‘d prepared for Genos as a secret weapon. According to the doctor, it is equipped with Genos ‘ newest system upgrades and consequently is extremely potent. [ 78 ]
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Thanks to his cyborg physiology and experience, Genos is one of the most technical fighters in the series. Genos can utilize his assorted enhancements to distract opponents and calculate how mighty they are, as well the claim sum of world power he ‘ll need for battle and, as the series goes on, Genos improves his skills and capabilities as a cyborg. He makes use of a big assortment of weaponry and upgrades in struggle and is a identical capable fighter in both close quarters and long-range crusade. He is skilled enough in hand-to-hand combat to fight the likes of Speed-o’-Sound Sonic [ 79 ] and Deep Sea King, even at a disadvantage, he could fight on equality with the latter for a short time despite having just one arm. [ 80 ] however, he ‘s hush not a match for other highly skilled fighters such as Bang or Garou. [ citation needed ]
- Machine Gun Blow (マシンガンブロー, Mashingan Burō): Genos throws a chain of fast punches. It is strong enough to shatter a cliff face. It was first used against Carnage Kabuto.
Expand to see original webcomic information. Beware of spoiler content.
- Heat Machine Gun Blow (ヒートマシンガンブロー, Hīto Mashingan Burō):  A variation of his Machine Gun Blow where his fists are heated to extreme temperatures.
- Heavy Machine Gun Blow (ヘビーマシンガンブロー, Hebī Mashingan Burō): A variation of his Machine Gun Blow where his punches are delivered with much greater power and speed than normal.
Cybernetic Combatant: While possessing formidable battle skills, Genos however relies largely on his gain weaponry equipped in fights with a blend of both close and long-range depend on what he prefers. due to his cybernetic nature, Genos normally becomes stronger by room of upgrades from Dr. Kuseno quite than training frankincense giving him a large advantage over other heroes, even some of the S-Class heroes, since he is constantly equipped with high-tech weapons when entering battles. ascribable to this fight nature of his, Genos can become quite unpredictable and stronger in relatively short amounts of time given that his upgrades can be installed after sealed battles and defeats thus making him more formidable than earlier .
- Incineration Cannon (焼却砲, Shōkyaku-hō): Genos launches a concentrated beam of fire to rapidly heat up a target to the point of being able to melt various metals. It was first used against Mosquito Girl.
- Maximum Gauge Incineration Cannon (最大出力焼却砲, Saidai Shutsuryoku Shōkyaku-hō): A variation of Incineration Cannon where Genos uses more energy than usual. It was first used against Saitama.
Expand to see original webcomic information. Beware of spoiler content.
- Super Incineration Cannon (超焼却砲, Chō Shōkyaku-hō): 
- Spiral Incineration Cannon (螺旋焼却砲, Rasen Shōkyaku-hō): An improved version of Genos’s Incineration Cannon with the upgraded version of Genos’s original incineration cannons received after the Super Fight Arc. It was first used against Phoenix Man but is blocked by Elder Centipede. The attack is strong enough to damage Senior Centipede’s carapace.
- Super Spiral Incineration Cannon (超螺旋焼却砲, Chō Rasen Shōkyaku-hō; Viz: Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon): A variation of Spiral Incineration Cannon where Genos uses more energy than usual by firing the incinerating blast directly from the core. First used against Elder Centipede. The attack was capable of burning Elder Centipede’s insides, making him molt, though it wasn’t sufficient enough to permanently end Elder Centipede’s life.
- True Spiral Incineration Cannon (真螺旋焼却砲, Shin Rasen Shōkyaku-hō): A variation of Spiral Incineration Cannon when Genos is utilizing his ten second time limit. The blast was capable of matching and completely negating one of the strongest energy attacks from the fusion of Psykos and Orochi. However, this was a one-use attack and Genos was overheating dangerously after using it.
- Self-Destruction (自爆, Jibaku): If there is no chance in winning in combat, Genos can destroy himself and hopefully kill his opponent by overheating his core. He first attempted to use it during his fight against Mosquito Girl, but stopped after Saitama interfered. When his core started thermal runaway after his fight with Psykos and Orochi, he asked the other heroes to evacuate to a 5km distance as he would explode and take all the remaining monsters with him. However, Fubuki was able to cool the core down using her telekinesis, enabling him to regain control of it.
- Lightning Eye (雷光眼, Raikōgan): Genos uses his eye to produce a blinding flash of light. It was first used against the Deep Sea King. This move doesn’t exist in the manga.
- Boost Attack (ブーストアタツク, Būsuto Atakku): After using his left arm for jet propulsion in the opposite direction, Genos maneuvers towards his opponent and hits them with a strong kick from his left leg. It was first used against the Deep Sea King.
- Rocket Punch (ロケットパンチ, Roketto Panchi): Genos’s forearm is retractable due to a cable connected to his elbow, which gives this attack great range. Genos punches at his opponent with extreme force with the aid of boosters inside his lower arm and, after the punch, his arm retracts back to its previous state. It was first used against G4.
- High Voltage Fist (ハイボルテージフィスト, Hai Borutēji Fisuto): Genos chokes his opponent with a powerful, electricity imbued hand and shocks them with it.
- Rocket Stomp (ロケットストンプ, Roketto Sutonpu): Genos leaps up above his opponent and then propels himself downwards with the rocket boosters on his back to stomp them into the ground.
- Dual Blade Rush (デュアルブレードラッシュ, Dyuaru Burēdo Rasshu): Genos jumps in the air, equips both arm blades and rushes towards the target with his rocket boosters and proceeds to stab the opponent rapidly. It was first used against Elder Centipede when Genos tried to fight him alone.
- Jet Drive Arrow (ジェットドライブアロー, Jetto Doraibu Arō): Genos uses the rocket boosters on his shoulders and legs at full power to deliver a powerful kinetic kick, the boosters on his right leg form the shape of an arrowhead. It is strong enough to break one of Elder Centipede’s teeth and completely destroy G5’s true form, causing it to explode violently.
- Arm Lasers: Genos has numerous beam emitters integrated along his hands, arms, and shoulders. These rays seemingly bend and arc at his whim similarly to those of G4, indicating that Dr. Kuseno integrated the technology into his latest upgrade. He used these lasers to destroy the leftover goo from Orochi’s body that was still in search of blood on the surface.
- Lightning Drill Cannon (穿天雷光砲, Senten Raikō-hō; Viz: Piercing Lightning Cannon): Genos unleashes his full power, launches incredibly powerful beams of energy that were able to deflect and briefly contend with the fusion of Psykos and Orochi’s energy attacks. According to himself, these energy beams are also powerful enough to destroy a giant meteor in one shot.
Tactical Combination: Promoted Rook ( 戦術合体 : 龍王, Senjutsu Gattai: Ryūō ; Viz : Tactical Combination: Dragon King ) : Genos was sufficiently compatible with Drive Knight to complete a Tactical Combination with him. Genos and Drive Knight, utilizing Drive Knight ‘s shape-changing box, transforms into a big android automaton with several big thrusters and heavy armor. Genos is positioned where the head would be while Drive Knight is embedded within the chest-plates. The transformation ‘s chief weapon of choice is a giant sword with a guard shaped like a draco ‘s question and wings. [ 101 ] Expand to see original webcomic information. Beware of spoiler content.
- Lightning Core (雷光核, Raikō Kaku): Genos uses his core to produce a blinding flash of light. It was used during the second sparring match between Saitama and Genos.
- High Voltage Tackle (ハイボルテージタックル, Hai Borutēji Takkuru): Using his Lightning Core, he imbues his body with electricity and tackles his opponent.
- Scorching Core (焦熱核, Shōnetsu Kaku): Genos uses his core to produce heat. It was used in his fight with the Extended Family of Darkness, being able to incinerate the group of monsters at the cost of damaging Genos’s own body.
- Floating Core (浮空核, Ukisora Kaku): Genos is capable of using his core to levitate in the air, granting him greater maneuverability against his opponents.
- Super Magnetic Core (超磁核, Chōji Kaku): Genos uses his core as a magnetic conductor to gather the metal around him. He is capable of drawing metal objects together to form a giant arm, which he uses to attack Machine God Body.
- Freezing Core (凍結核, Tōketsu Kaku): Genos uses his core to generate ice, which is capable of freezing his opponents instantly.
- Roaring Dragon Core (龍鳴核, Ryūmei Kaku): Genos dramatically increases the energy output of his core, boosting his abilities for thirty seconds. With this increase in power, Genos was capable of defeating all three Machine Gods.
- Meteor Strike (メテオストライク, Meteo Sutoraiku): Genos rushes forward and delivers a powerful right jab. This attack was strong enough to completely destroy Machine God Ray’s body.
- Final Smash (ファイナルスマッシュ, Fainaru Sumasshu): Genos detracts his arm from his body to deliver a final blow at full-power. This attack held enough power to annihilate Machine God Body even after he incorporated the parts from Machine God Tech and Machine God Ray.
Notebook: Genos constantly carries with him an acid-proof notebook to write down notes. [ 109 ] Flip Phone: Despite being the embodiment of high-tech, Genos is shown using a throw phone alternatively of a ceremonious smartphone or even a built-in comm system. [ 110 ] [ 111 ]
Genos ‘s rat determined by the Hero Association [ 2 ] :
Read more : Bug God
|Ability Type||Stamina||Intelligence||Justice||Endurance||Power||Popularity||Effectiveness||Fighting Ability||Total|
- (Genos telling Saitama his history) “It all started 4 years ago. I was 15 years old and still a normal human being. Even in this harsh world, I had a pretty happy and peaceful life with my family until then. But one day, a crazy cyborg attacked our town all of a sudden. He had completely lost his mind. I guess his brain had been damaged during its transplantation into his cyborg body. He left after destroying everything in the town. The parks, the schools, the buildings, my home. Of course, my family didn’t survive. Only I was miraculously spared, but as I was just a meek 15-year-old boy back then, I wouldn’t have survived long all alone in the ruins of a town if Dr. Kuseno hadn’t passed the town by chance and found me. Dr. Kuseno is a scientist of justice and was pursuing the cyborg to stop him. I begged Dr. Kuseno to transform me into a cyborg and was reborn as a cyborg who fights for justice. I made a promise to Dr. Kuseno to find that cyborg one day and destroy him.”
- “I am willing to do anything to become more powerful. However, I can’t picture myself coming even close to attaining teacher’s power.”
- (Referring to Saitama) “If there was a threat that my master could not defeat, humanity would have perished long ago.”
- (Referring to Sweet Mask) “He reminds me of myself before I met sensei. There is no mercy in his heart. A strong hatred for everything evil, eager to eliminate them all.”
- (To G4) “Your target may be King, but I know a man who’s even stronger than him. And I am stronger than you.”
- “Using sheer numbers to compensate the lack in strength of each individual, that kind of wishful thinking will get one killed one day.”
- (Referring to Saitama) “No monster is a match for him. He is the strongest hero”
- (Referring to G5) “Looks like an upgraded version compared to last time. Still, it seems I’m upgrading at a faster rate.”
- Genos is ranked 4th in the popularity poll.
- When designing Genos, Murata tried pairing him with Kaneda’s jacket from Akira and even referenced Tetsuo’s appearance. Looking back, he thinks those early sketches were so “over the top.”
- According to the databook:
- What he likes are Saitama’s teachings and oiled sardine.
- What he dislikes are people who look down on Saitama and complicated electronics.
- His hobbies are surfing the internet, reading, and writing in his diary.
- Genos is the first new S-Class hero in 2 years however this is contradicted in Weapon where Metal Bat is promoted to S-Class one year ago.
- The origin of his hero name comes from his aggressive attacks without being afraid of any vicious monsters or disasters.
- Genos’s signature move, Machine Gun Blow, may be a reference to Street Fighter, in which the Machine Gun Blow is one of Dudley’s special moves.
- Only one week after he joined the Hero Association, Genos was ranked #6 in popularity by the public and in the Top 5 most handsome heroes.
- Murata once drew Genos as a female.
- ONE has said that Genos is rather powerful even among the S-Class heroes.
- Genos’s tears are made of oil.
- Despite every part of him besides his human brain becoming mechanized, Genos still has the ability to eat. He attributed this to Dr. Kuseno wanting him to be able to still enjoy things as a human would.
- The design of his face is based on his previous appearance as a human at the same age (19 years old currently).
- He has a built-in sleep mode.
- Cleaning his body requires a high-pressure shower, like a car wash.
- The sphere-shaped arm components are for everyday use.
- ONE stated a fight between him and Sonic would end in a draw.
- When not in battle, Genos can change into special arms dedicated for house chores:
- His right hand comes with a built-in vegetable peeler.
- The palms also contain ports that allow him to blast out warm air to dry dishes.
- In an official illustration, a drink bottle opener is built into his right shoulder.
- In the manga’s Q&A special, it was commented that Genos (when equipped with ‘housework arms’) can become a top-class housekeeper.
- In order to become stronger, Genos carries with him extremely detailed “training diaries.” A common running gag is that he will immediately scribble down any “words of wisdom” and “training techniques” from Saitama. However, much of the information seems “irrelevant” such as detailed drawings of how to “properly hold and read a manga while slouching on a futon,” how to hang laundry on the washing line, and nutritional reports of Saitama’s food. Only King seems to realize how useless this so-called “wisdom” is.
- The One Punch Man Notes: Secret Compos Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 designs are based of Genos’ “training diaries” Notebook.
- Genos cuts off his sleeves because his shoulders can’t fit in them. He also thinks that they are ugly. Furthermore, he thinks that it is troublesome when he is using the weapons in his arms.
- Genos got his piercings after he became a cyborg.
- Genos is too heavy to swim under normal circumstances.
- During a stream, Murata drew a Genos-Cinderella alternative universe, featuring Genos as “Deshiderella” (弟子デレラ, Deshi derera) and Saitama as the Prince, with the quote “I’m a Prince for a hobby!” The other characters were, King as The King, Tatsumaki as The Stepmother, Sonic and Fubuki as The Stepsisters, and Dr. Kuseno as The Fairy God Mother.
- In Murata’s stream when describing what ethnicity the characters would be in the real world Murata stated Genos looks German.
- In the 2017 One-Punch Man Halloween cover, Genos was depicted twice:
- The first depiction shows a bunny Genos with golden arms holding the tube of a rabbit-shaped vacuum cleaner in one hand and a pink duster in the other. In this form he wears a bowtie, a pair of black bunny ears, a white scut and trouser braces.
- The second depiction shows a devilish Genos with purple wings, a pair of horns and a black armor. Genos is also holding a demonic carpet beater and a frying pan.
Genos ‘s “ over the peak ” original design concepts Genos as a woman, named Genoko
- Murata wanted to call the move Genos did inside Elder Centipede “Super Spiral Incineration Cannon”, but ONE suggested on simply using “Super Incineration Cannon”.
- Murata noted that Promoted Rook’s design was based on ONE’s illustration of Genos’s dreaming of his new designs. Dragon King is also a pun to Genos’s fighting image of a dragon when he used Thunder Drill Cannon.
- Genos’ eye (in the anime) has PSO-1 Russian reticle (Прицел Снайперский Оптический, Pritsel Snaipersky Optichesky, “Optical Sniper Sight”), commonly used in the Dragunov rifle.