Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
The Dominoed Daredoll, The Oracle, Barbs, “O”, Amy Beddoes, Batgirl, Bluebelle, Cassandra, Darknight Damsel, Miss Barboure, Mighty Girl
Bat Family, Birds of Prey, Justice League of America
Oracle is the primary coil computer adept and information net source for the superhero community. Providing intelligence and computer hack services to assist other heroes, Oracle was the original Batgirl until she retired and then unrelatedly fell victim to an rape by the Joker that left her paralyzed from the shank down. Unwilling to succumb to her disability, she took her photographic memory, her mind and computer cognition to reinvent herself as an information broker to aid others and created the Birds of Prey espionage team to continue the fight against those wishing to harm others.
Barbara Gordon was born to Roger C. Gordon and his wife Thelma in the suburb of Ohio. As a new female child, Barbara wanted nothing more than to be a superhero ; spend endless hours designing superhero costumes and heroic identities for herself. When Barbara was 13, her parents were killed in an car accident while visiting an aunt in Youngstown and she was adopted by her uncle, James Gordon. Moving to Gotham City to live with her uncle, aunt Barbara and cousin James Gordon, Jr., Barbara learn of and became infatuated with the city ‘s hero, Batman ; late learning that her uncle was actually in partnership with the bomber. Inspired to be like her uncle and Batman, Barbara enrolled in martial arts classes and committed herself towards her academic achievements, her photographic memory helping her to graduate Gotham Heights High School early at the long time of sixteen and earn a eruditeness to Gotham State University. As one of the University ‘s youngest students, Barbara graduated with honors before she was even a legal adult while silent continuing with her self-defense discipline. To supplement her income, she accepted a position as a research assistant at the Gotham Public Library, however, she still dreamed of bigger things and attempted to join the police academy lone to be dissuaded by notions over her gender and acme ( and the fact that her uncle did not wish for her to become a police officer due to the dangers associated with the career ). Her attempt to enroll at the local anesthetic FBI position as a field agentive role led to similar results. Frustrated, Barbara researched and attempted to break into the headquarters of the Justice Society of America ( then operating within Gotham ) to train with her current idol ; Black Canary, only to be captured and laughed at by Wildcat before he dismissed the eighteen year old. Upset over people putting her toss off, Barbara took an invitation to the Wayne-hosted Million Dollar Masquerade Ball, and created a girl-version of Batman ‘s costume to pose as a bomber to upset her uncle. however, before she could reveal herself, the ball was held-up by the villain Killer Moth and Barbara took the inaugural ; foiling the villain ‘s schemes while wearing the costume. Having gotten a taste for heroics, Barbara took to secretly operating as “ the Batgirl ” without her uncle ‘s cognition. finally meeting Batman and Robin and becoming an official member of the Bat Family, Barbara became involved in grand adventures but finally began finding her function as Batgirl less and less carry through a well as becoming increasingly doubting of her effectiveness overall, she finally retired from the character ; although she would return to costume on random occasions.
Read more : Thor: Tình yêu và sấm sét – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
As part of a design to drive James Gordon insane through grief, the Joker broke into Gordon ‘s apartment and stroke Barbara in the stomach ; damaging her spine and rendering her unable to use her legs. Plunged into a express of reactive depressive disorder after she realizes that she was entirely ever considered important due to her association to person else ( Batman, James Gordon ) and that now she could only rely on her uncle to survive ascribable to her disability, Barbara soon regains her drive after a imposter challenge by Batman to beat her disability and realizes that her aptitude for and training in information sciences has provided her with skills that could be deployed to fight crime in a world increasingly centered on engineering and information. Adopting the codename “ Oracle ” after a dream she had of herself as an “ all-knowing woman ”, Barbara applies for a grant from the Wayne Foundation to build as knock-down a computer set-up as she could within her bedroom and used her cognition to earn money as a programmer and hack on the Internet before extending her skills to act as an information broker ; accumulate and disseminating news for law enforcement organizations and members of the superhero community. Using the alias “ Amy Beddoes ”, Barbara began anonymously offering her services to the government ‘s Task Force X before formally becoming a member of the Squad following an invitation from Amanda Waller. Following an incident where the United States Secret Service attempted to dismantle the Hacker subculture as part of an operation known as “ Operation Moonwitch ”, Barbara moved to an apartment within the Gotham City Clocktower and took to recruiting airfield agents to aid in political hotspots around the world. Habitually choosing heroines who were at a low-point in their careers, one of Barbara ‘s inaugural agents was Power Girl ( who at the time had lost half of her power and had discovered that what she thought was her past was actually person else ‘s memories ), however, during a mission to protect a president-in-exile in Qurac, the heroine was forced to chose between saving the president ‘s biography and the lives of a thousand civilian refugees. due to her underpowered state, Power Girl was ineffective to meet the tax and both the president and the refugees died .
- Oracle keeps tabs on New Heroes and will teleport them out of trouble to the nearest Rally Point if they are Knocked Out.
- During the first instance in the Headquarters PvP arena, terminals that have been secured by Heroes will have a hologram of Oracle hovering above them.
- During the player’s first tutorial mission, Oracle frees New Heroes from inside the Brainiac Harvester Ship and guides them through the ship before calling in Superman and directing them to the nearest Safe House to continue the game.
- During the game proper, Oracle alerts the player to mission information and objectives to complete. She also alerts the player to new seasonal events when they are available.
- Oracle teams up with Calculator to hack into Brainiac’s systems and trap him within his own bottling technology after Brainiac is defeated at the end of Batcave: Brainiac Sub-Construct.
- Oracle is a taskmaster for the mission Anti-Matter Matters during the anniversary event Attack of the Anti-Monitor.
- For Meta villains, Oracle can be heard issuing security warnings as the player makes their way through the JLA Watchtower.
- Inside the Batcave raids while assisting Batman in defeating Brainiac.
- Barbara Gordon first appeared in Detective Comics #359 (January 1967)
- Oracle is voiced by Kathy Catmull.
- Barbara’s father, Roger, was the younger brother of James Gordon and a problem drinker. While he was living in Chicago, James frequently visited their home out of concern and offered money to help support them. It was also revealed that before she married Roger, Barbara’s mother, Thelma, dated James and turned to Roger after their relationship fell through. While Barbara was still a child, Thelma wrote a letter to James revealing that he may actually be Barbara’s biological father. However, Barbara found and kept the letter instead. It is unknown whether James knows, however, Barbara never revealed the letter to her uncle for fear that he might say it was untrue.
- Oracle maintains control over the twelve technologically advanced satellites that were created by Lex Luthor during his tenure as President of the United States. She can also access any and all items perpetrated by the Pentagon, no matter how secret, much to their dismay.
- Oracle and Nightwing harbour a relationship which stems from their days as Batgirl and Robin respectively. She also had a relationship with detective Jason Bard and an internet relationship with the hero Blue Beetle before his death.
- Despite being paralyzed from the waist down, Oracle went under the tutelage of Richard Dragon, thanks to a tip from a computer programmer dubbed “Matches”, and has extensive skills with eskrima fighting sticks, small firearms, and Batarangs; she customarily keeps a pair of eskrima sticks stored in the armrests of her wheelchair as a contingency.
- Blessed with a photographic memory, Barbara reads dozens of the world’s top newspapers and magazines daily. She’s also constantly gathering information from other, less public sources, such as the CIA’s mainframe, not to mention the data networks of the FBI, NSA and Interpol (all without their knowledge or consent).
- Barbara Gordon graduated summa cum laude (“with very great honor“) with a Ph.D and doctorate in library science at Gotham State University.
- The first criminal Barbara “caught” as Oracle was a technopath called Ashley Mavis Powell (aka Interface) who was a child abuser and money launder.
- Harley Quinn has discovered the existence of Oracle and sometimes makes prank calls to her late at night, much to Oracle’s annoyance.
- Barbara Gordon Wikipedia
- Oracle DC Database