- Behind the scenes
Guy with a Toilet Seat on His Head
The Luckiest Man Alive
Killer Who Can’t Kill
1982 [ 1 ]
Task Force X
11th Street Kids ( once )
The Suicide Squad
Peacemaker ( 8 episodes )
Quinn Bennett ( youthful )
- I don’t kill people for nothing, all right? When my brother died, I made a vow… Anyone I’d kill, I’d kill for peace, so unlike Keith, no one would ever die for no reason again.“
Christopher “Chris” Smith, besides known as the Peacemaker, is a violent vigilante who believes in achieving peace at any monetary value no matter how many people he has to kill for it in the process. He was besides a extremity of the second gear Task Force X affect team sent on a deputation to Corto Maltese. [ 2 ] While he struck up a rapport with the team, he finally turned on them to complete their intended mission when they learned it was all a cover-up for the U.S. government ‘s mistake. In the try to complete the mission, Smith murdered team drawing card Rick Flag, and was sent into a coma by teammate and rival Bloodsport. When the comatose Smith was recovered from Corto Maltese, he was sent to an american hospital, where the mission coordinators of the Force, John Economos and Emilia Harcourt, awaited his awakening, preparing to have him join a smaller team to participate in Project Butterfly, with his friend Vigilante besides joining the team. During the course of Project Butterfly, Peacemaker besides came into dispute with his abusive father, and was forced to reflect on his world views and past trauma, culminating in Smith kill and killing his own church father. In the aftermath of Project Butterfly Smith was freed from Amanda Waller ‘s control after Leota Adebayo publicly leaked Waller ‘s crooked secrets. Smith then started taking minor steps towards becoming a better person, but became haunted by a delusion of his dead person don .
- “ In his hands, anything is a deadly weapon. His father was a soldier who trained his son how to kill from the moment he was born. “
- ―Amanda Waller[src]
Christopher Smith was born in 1982 [ 1 ] to Auggie Smith, a herculean and cunning small-town racist whose views deeply scarred his son. Auggie forced Christopher through train to become a killer whale, as in one occasion he forced his son to kill a serviceman by stabbing him. He grew up aboard with his older brother Keith Smith, as the two shared the love for music. [ 3 ] At one point, Keith told his unseasoned brother about the talk through one’s hat concept of “ butt babies, ” something Christopher believed himself to be until he was 14 years erstwhile. [ 4 ] While Smith was going through high school, his classmates called him “ Chimp-Arm ”. [ 5 ]
Losing his brother
- “ Dumbfuck, you killed your brother! You killed your brother, you piece of shit! You dumbfuck! YOU KILLED YOUR BROTHER! “
- ―Auggie Smith to Christopher Smith[src]
One sidereal day, Chris and his brother were listening to rock and roll until they were interrupted by their don ‘s classmates, warning them that it was time to fight. Smith and his brother went to the battlefield while his father bet, finally the passenger car warned that there were no restrictions. When the crusade with his buddy started at their don ‘s orders, Auggie Smith told Chris that he punched like a girlfriend, motivating him to land a harder punch in the head which knocked Keith to the grind unintentionally killing him. [ 1 ] tragically, Chris and the crowd watched as Keith did not get up as he moved around and drooled from his mouth. Scared Auggie approached Keith scream as he stopped moving until he died in a fatal capture, immediately Auggie yelled at Chris insulting him for having killed his brother, Chris observed what happened identical traumatized while his father keep shout at him. The event later traumatized Christopher for life and strengthened his father ‘s aminosity towards him. [ 1 ]
Becoming the browning machine gun
erstwhile before 2017, Smith became the superhero known as “ Peacemaker, ” a mentally mentally ill pacifist diplomat who grew so give to peace, he finally decided to enforce it by killing those who stood in his way. He donned a bright costume, an oddly-shaped chrome helmet with a dive engraved on it, and the nickname of Peacemaker to start his quest for peace by any means necessary. During his career, Peacemaker adopted an eagle which he named Eagly, becoming one of his best companions. At some point, Smith befriended Gut Chase and met his younger brother hadrian Chase, known as the Vigilante, with whom did he become friends. [ 6 ] In 2012, Peacemaker would visit Starlight Lounge where he would have sex with Becky Coolidge, unaware that this would obviously give birth to a daughter. [ 7 ] Peacemaker first appeared on the picture by apprehending Kite-Man, [ 8 ] who was attempting to steal the Blackheart Ruby. [ 9 ] During his superhero career, he besides met Doll Man, [ 4 ] Matter-Eater Lad, [ 3 ] the Flash, and Wonder Woman. [ 9 ] He had besides heard of Aquaman, [ 5 ] Batman [ 6 ] [ 3 ] and Superman, [ 8 ] although he came to form negative opinions about them ascribable to rumors he heard on the Internet [ 5 ] [ 8 ] and for Batman ‘s public reputation for not killing his enemies. [ 3 ] however, he is unaware of the lives Batman took in the events leading up to the death of Superman. Peacemaker besides fought a gorilla at Burning Man. [ 8 ]
In 2017, Peacemaker was captured by A.R.G.U.S. and detained in Belle Reve for all murder crimes committed during his time as a vigilante, being sentenced to 30 years in prison. [ 5 ]
mission in Corto Maltese
Recruited by Amanda Waller
- “ Starfish is a slang term for a butthole. Think there’s any connection?”
- ―Peacemaker and Amanda Waller[src]
In 2021, Smith was recruited by Amanda Waller to join Task Force X on a mission he was tidal bore to carry out : destroying a nazi -built facility in Corto Maltese called Jotunheim, angstrom well as annihilating all traces of the cryptic Project Starfish. Prior to the mission, Smith was given an ulterior undertaking by Waller, assigned to destroy any evidence pertain to the United States engagement with Project Starfish, including their torture of the civilians of Corto Maltese. Smith felt obligated to ensure this was kept a mysterious, as it was to keep the peace from being jeopardized to prevent an external incident .
After Robert DuBois agreed to join the team, Waller took him to meet Smith who was waiting in his cellular telephone, highlighting his skills in combat, DuBois complained that he had the same abilities as him, so Smith responded by doing better while they argued to use smaller bullets, beginning a competition. Waller took them to meet King Shark so they were surprised at the size of him, after seeing him, Waller made them continue to meet Cleo Cazo .
Smith asked about Ratcatcher 1 but Waller replied that he was dead and she was her daughter, when Cazo arrived he was sleeping in her cell causing Smith to make fun of her for being a millennial. The team then followed Waller to meet Polka-Dot Man, where Smith laughed at his name by ironically asking if his baron was to throw polka dots at people, after Waller did n’t answer him he realized that it was his ability .
already recruited, Waller gave them back their suits and took them to an armchair chamber where she explained the mission with contribution of the history of Corto Maltese, telling them of the coup and how they should kidnap Gaius Grieves to help them to enter Jotunheim and destroy Project Starfish. When Waller asked if there were any doubts, Peacemaker raised his hand and asked if there was any joining of the stick out with the expression Starfish to name the anus, however, Waller answered no and Peacemaker crossed out the mind of a notebook. [ 10 ]
arrival at Corto Maltese
- “ You know what I think? I think liberty is just your excuse to do whatever you want. Whether that’s to eat a beach full of dicks or killin’ folk. “
- ―Bloodsport to Peacemaker[src]
Three days belated, Peacemaker and his team were able to reach the second beach of the island swimming without problems, after the first base affect team was viciously assassinated by the Armed Forces of Corto Maltese. The group advanced to the hobo camp until they heard an explosion coming from the beginning coast that scared them, however, Waller informed them that it was only a distraction .
Moving forward, Smith criticized Bloodsport ‘s leadership for what they began to argue, in which Smith demonstrated his love for american freedom when saying being able to eat a beach wide of penises if that attributes to peace, while criticizing Bloodsport for killing for money. In that, they saw how Abner Krill ‘s skin became foreign and another plosion from the first beach was heard. finally, the team stopped in an area and prepared to camp to go to the city the future dawn .
While Peacemaker slept at night, he awoke to hear Bloodsport stopping King Shark from eating Cleo Cazo. Naked, Smith approached Nanaue along with Bloodsport and Cazo, Ratcatcher called a pack of rats to reassure Nanaue causing Bloodsport to freak out due to his phobia, Peacemaker took the opportunity to make fun of him while he was laughing, then Bloodsport highlighted that he was naked with white underwear, so Smith saw it as a racist offense .
In that, John Economos found the location of Rick Flag, therefore Amanda Waller ordered them to go there on his rescue, and Smith and the rest of the team spent the rest of the night traveling on the jungles of Corto Maltese until they found his localization at the dawn. On the trip, Waller ordered the police squad to take down all the captors mercilessly by telling them they were dangerous people. [ 10 ]
- “ Nothing like a bloodbath to start the day. “
After the group are ordered by Waller to divert their efforts to finding Rick Flag before proceeding with the mission, Task Force X set out to rescue Flag, who they believe to have been captured by the government. Once they arrived, the team began to observe the camping of people hiding among the leaves. While Bloodsport was observing the exact location on a radar, Peacemaker was preparing to pass a massacre, surprising Cazo because Smith ‘s alias was the Peacemaker, Smith then explained his moral of killing people to achieve peace .
The firsts attacks of Nanaue and Cazo opened the direction for Peacemaker to enter a soldier who was killed with an axe, while Bloodsport was killing, they began to turn the slaughter into a rival, each trying to display their skillset. Smith would murder a rebel on a bed with a knife while Bloodsport beat up rebels who tried to stop him. then Peacemaker would decide to climb on the roof of a fortress to dart the rebels, starting with a charwoman who was singing, then Smith would go down with a silencer because he saw Bloodsport set open fire to enemies. Peacemaker would mistakenly shoot DuBois ‘ helmet but hitting his victim .
then an disquieted Bloodsport would prove to have better drive by throwing a conditioner at a rebel. Peacemaker then used bullets of explosive compresion. The team would continue advancing until a maverick from the fortify would try to shoot them with a submachine accelerator, but Polka-Dot Man stopped him. ultimately, the team found the accurate settlement/base where Rick Flag was located, so they aproached .
however, Peacemaker is both jumble and surprised when they find Flag condom and talking with Sol Soria, the leader of a resistance group ; it is curtly revealed that Flag has n’t been captured, but rescued. Regretful for killing innocents, Peacemaker and his team tried to cover up the massacre, when Soria was surprise that her companions did n’t notify her of the arrival of the team, until Nanaue spat a bone from a rebel. concisely after, Soria went outside and saw in anguish the dead bodies of her companions, for which the team felt very regretful and apologize. [ 10 ]
Kidnapping of Thinker
- “ Hey, Pissmaker. We are on a mission.”
“Easy, Inspector Gadget. A drink never hurt nobody. “
- ―Bloodsport and Peacemaker[src]
The team now with Flag and the surviving rebels continued their travel through the jungle to rescue a rebel named Milton, on the slip Abner Krill got infected with deluna on his grimace, Peacemaker stopped him and asked him what that was, for which Krill replied telling their narrative, they last decided to keep move. At night, Peacemaker and the team arrested some guards who were interrogating Milton ‘s truck to save him .
At that moment, Peacemaker and the team began moving boxes with clothes that they should wear to infiltrate La Gatita Amable ‘s cabaret, while Soria explained that Milton would take them to the rate in his hand truck to kidnap Gaius Grieves. King Shark, by not having a homo appearance, tried to pretend to wear a mustache to accompany them, but Peacemaker made playfulness of him for looking precisely the lapp .
The team then set off to party, while on the trip, Smith listened to Cleo Cazo and Bloodsport stories. When they arrived, the police squad entered the club while they watched, they last sat down and began to talk about Thinker ‘s arrival, as he would not arrive for a few hours, Peacemaker ordered the camarena to bring them a fernet, Bloodsport annoyed told him that they were on a deputation, but Smith told him to relax a bit .
When they brought the fernet, to annoy Cazo, Peacemaker told the wait that she forgot the rotter Sebastian, Krill sneezed the fernet, so Smith and the others laughed. The hours passed and to entertain themselves, Peacemaker along with his companions began to dance at the disco. Finally Grieves appeared at the club, so Bloodsport approached and threatened him with a weapon to accompany them .
In that, when trying to withdraw some soldiers from the Armed Forces of the country arrived in search of the infiltrate Americans, worried Smith prepared a knife fair in case. When they were cornered, DuBois asked Krill and Cazo to take Thinker away while he, Flag and Smith surrendered to the authorities, ultimately Flag and DuBois surrendered, confused Smith besides raised his hands as a signboard of capitulation, so they were handcuffed and taken in a hand truck to be imprisoned .
While traveling, a soldier speak to them and Bloodsport played along to distract him, on the count of one, the three of them beat the soldiers knocking them out, then freeing themselves from the handcuffs. After breaking free, Peacemaker grabbed a shotgun to assassinate the driver who watched through a television camera as they escaped, causing the cadaver to push the pedal and drive faster while the partner tried to take the wheel .
however, Smith grabbed him and started hitting him against the wall to death, seeing that they were about to collide he tried to grab the guide bicycle, but honestly directing him off the road causing him to fall. The car last stopped, lying font devour, as Milton ‘s truck pulled astir to the setting, Smith along with DuBois and Flag escape through the door, and are reunited with the remainder. [ 10 ]
Saving Harley Quinn
Guided by Flag, Task Force X diverts their efforts to saving Harley Quinn at the dawn, who has been captured by the military and is being interrogated for information. As they drove to the palace in Milton ‘s truck, the team began to prepare their weapons, however Peacemaker complained that they were risking the mission just to save a crazy woman, so Bloodsport highlighted that the remark came from person who used a toilet on his head and Flag told him not to abandon his team, angering Smith .
Going down, everyone got into put in ordain of the design where Peacemaker stood on top of a bell and pointed at the lone person in the office waiting for a bespeak from Flag. When Flag was about to start the mission, he discovered that Harley Quinn had freed herself when he saw her approaching him. A short-circuit time later and taking Thinker hostage, the team took him on top of a construct where they threatened him to help them enter Jotunheim, while Peacemaker sat eating empanadas, which Milton was delivering. [ 10 ]
- “ Peacemaker!”
“It’s actually very nice, just put it again on the wall. It’s nothing like me. “
- ―King Shark and Peacemaker[src]
The percolation of Jotunheim at first goes off without a limp, with Peacemaker and the team easily overpowering the guards at the entrance, by threatening him with a weapon to drive them to the base where the soldiers allowed him to enter while hiding on the ground so as not to be seen. After crossing the guards, Thinker parked the vehicle and a heavy rain began to spread, as Peacemaker and the team prepared to get off .
The team walked to the capture, taking advantage of the rain making them less visible, they began to attack the soldiers by surprise, Peacemaker was in charge of splitting several soldiers in half using a sword. After finishing off the group of soldiers, the team advanced until the doorway. Peacemaker then hit Thinker against the retinene scan, after that threat Thinker was forced to open the door and the police squad entered and locking down the build before the integral Corto Maltesean army coming can get to them first .
once inside the facility, the team begins placing fictile explosives around the walls and decides to split up into two teams : one would plant the remaining explosives on the upper floors while the other would be in charge of destroying Project Starfish. Peacemaker was assigned by Flag to join King Shark to plant bombs on the first floor. While Smith was working, Nanaue used an explosive to form the figure of Christopher Smith and show it to him, Smith got upset with him for playing with explosives and would ask him to put it back on the wall .
In that, Peacemaker would listen to Rick Flag, and then see how he along with Ratcatcher 2 took Thinker to the elevator with the purpose of showing them Project Starfish. Smith cursorily began to follow them without them noticing, taking an elevator down to the basement where they find a test adeptness broad of the subjects exposed to Project Starfish, which is revealed to actually be the extraterrestrial being, Starro the Conqueror, who was imprisoned on the foundation .
While Ratcatcher 2 and Thinker set out to find a means to kill Starro, Peacemaker came to the floor, interrupting the conversation and annoying Flag by saying that he should be planting explosives, Smith however replied that he did n’t trust King Shark. then Flag, anger at being used as a creature, managed to recover a hard drive containing proof of Starro ‘s universe, arsenic well as the fact that it was actually recovered and experimented on by the US government rather of the Corto Maltesean government .
Before he can take it however, Peacemaker points his gunman at him, exposing his secondary mission. Alongside destroying Starro, Peacemaker was besides tasked by Waller to destroy any attest confirming its universe in arrange to deny any engagement of the US in its recovery and weaponization. Peacemaker is determined to destroy the hard drive, although he does not want to kill Flag to get to it and gives him a casual to hand it over. Before the situation can escalate however, an explosion rocks the facility, bringing it down on circus tent of the wholly team. [ 10 ]
Killing Rick Flag
- “ Peacemaker. What a joke. “
- ―Rick Flag to Peacemaker[src]
Peacemaker and Flag both survive the explosion, however Flag is hard wounded by a while of debris. He still stands his ground against Peacemaker though, and the two engage in a fistfight in order to wrestle control of the chip. Flag tried to kick Smith, but Smith grabbed his foot to throw it against some seeds to do it again, to defend himself Flag grabbed a nearby pipe with which he began to hit him, Smith however stopped him but Flag continued to hit him, in defense Smith grabbed Flag and threw him against a break bathtub, seeing the disk he decided to kick it therefore that Flag would n’t catch it .
Despite his wound, Flag was able to overpower Peacemaker and pins him to the ground, choking him with a alloy pipe. however, before he was able to kill him, Peacemaker grabs a musical composition of fallen debris and lodges it directly into Flag ‘s heart, fatally wounding him. As he bleeds out, Flag mutters how Peacemaker ‘s diagnose is a joke before succumbing to his injuries. Cleo Cazo saw how Smith killed Flag, despite Peacemaker warnings, she decided to take the phonograph record and started escaping. [ 10 ]
With Flag dead, Peacemaker goes after Ratcatcher 2, who takes the chip and attempts to run. He catches up with her, and pins her to the floor. She begs for her life as he holds a grease-gun to her. precisely as he ‘s about to shoot, Bloodsport drops in from the ceiling, realizing that Peacemaker is a double-crosser. The two photograph at each other, but Bloodsport ‘s fastball goes through Peacemaker ‘s bigger bullet, destroys his pistol, and lands in his neck. Peacemaker questions how this happened while bleeding out, and Bloodsport tells him about the smaller bullet train ‘s advantage. Peacemaker then hits the deck, presumably dead. He would finally be crushed under the debris as Jotunheim collapses. [ 10 ]
time in the hospital
- “ If anything, he’s shown he’s resilient. It’ll take some surgery but eventually we’ll get him back to speed. “
- ―Alandy to Harcourt and Economos[src]
At some point after the Corto Maltese mission ended and the team is sent back home, Peacemaker was found by a rescue team, having miraculously survived his meet with Bloodsport and the crumble of Jotunheim. He was then quickly rushed to the Mount Rouge Health Center where he was treated for his wounds by Dr. Alandy. however, Waller calm had other plans for the vigilante, planning to make him separate of a team led by mercenary Clemson Murn, and use him to assassinate Royland Goff, then shortly after she sent her former assistants Emilia Harcourt and John Economos to visit the hospital and check on Smith ‘s coma. When Smith wake up from his coma, he befriended the janitor Jamil, who smoked marijuana with Smith while he was recovering and having to move about in a wheelchair. [ 11 ] [ 5 ]
recovery and escape
Read more : Illuminati Members, Enemies, Powers | Marvel
Read more : Illuminati Members, Enemies, Powers | Marvel
- “ What superhero are you?”
“Get outta here, motherfucker!”
“You a fan?”
“There’s no superhero called Peacemaker! “
- ―Jamil and Christopher Smith[src]
5 months later in January 2022, Doctor Alandy finally discharged Smith angstrom long as he kept up with his physical therapy by trying to avoid lifting his right elbow above his shoulder. Smith went to talk to Jamil and trusted him with the secret that he was, in fact, Peacemaker, and meant to be imprisoned for “ integrity ”, as he called it, but Jamil did n’t believe him, on explanation that he had never heard of Peacemaker. After a brief argumentation between the two, Smith asked him if there were any cops around the hospital to arrest him as he was supposed to be back to prison nowadays that he was unblock to go, but Jamil assured him that there were not cops around .
Smith put on his damaged costume and promptly ran from the Mount Rouge Health Center, getting into a Taxi and telling the driver to drive while he celebrated the fact that he escaped. Peacemaker arrived in his home plate but was forced to give his helmet to the cab driver as he did n’t have any money to pay him for his service and the driver did n’t accept Corto Maltese money. Smith tried to get into his firm but could n’t find his keys, so he began searching to no avail, forcing him to use his right branch to break one the house ‘s windows to get in. [ 5 ]
Approached by Task Force x
- “ You’re a born killer with expertise in every weapon know to humankind, and you’ve had experience in black-ops around the globe, so, I’m giving you the chance to stay out of prison and work for me. “
- ―Clemson Murn to Christopher Smith[src]
Before Smith had any gamble to settle back in his home, he was approached by materialistic Clemson Murn, one of Amanda Waller ‘s operatives, who offered him a casual to stay out of prison if he joined a black-ops character assassination team led by Murn. Peacemaker accepted, and joined the team, comprised of Emilia Harcourt, Peacemaker ‘s animal trainer in the field on whom he had a crushed leather, John Economos, the technical school and tactics man who Peacemaker enjoyed strong-arm, and Leota Adebayo, the newcomer in mission of all early operations. Smith listened to Adebayo giving out her speech, and after she finished her actor’s line, Smith asked what they wanted him to do. Murn explained that they had a modern deputation titled Project Butterfly, which involved assassinating targets called “ butterflies “ that were endangering american citizens. Smith got concern that he would need a jetpack to fight a colossus butterfly, then asked what would happen if he rejected the mission. Murn said he would have to return to Belle Reve and that Peacemaker ‘s neckbomb was inactive armed which they could use to track him down and detonate it should he try to run away. Murn then asked Smith to come for dinner at 7:30 PM at Fennel Fields on Manchester Road, to which Smith agreed, but beginning he would go to his forefather ‘s house and get Eagly. [ 5 ]
Reunited with his father
- “ Got out of prison.”
“You don’t say? “
- ―Christopher Smith and Auggie Smith[src]
Smith then took a cab cab to his father ‘s theater to meet him. There, the old valet following door commented on him as an evil supervillain, to which Smith argued that he ‘s a superhero. They got into an argument and they stopped after Auggie Smith opened the doorway. His founder asked why he was talking with that old man which Smith replied that he was talking to him first. His father asked Chris why he did n’t tell him when he got out of prison, and Chris replied that it had been rough for him and he ‘d been laid out in a hospital for five months. Smith then told his don about how a guy photograph him and the build fell on him, which his don think was pathetic. Chris asked how Eagly was, and his don said that he had been taking him outdoor. Chris wanted to see him, so his father showed the means to Eagly. Chris was happy to finally reunite with his favored, and Eagly hugged him, to Chris ‘s surprise. Chris told his father to get his phone, but his founder had already left .
Chris belated had lunch with his beget and told more stories about Bloodsport. He told him about Ratcatcher 2, who could control rats, and mocked Bloodsport for his musophobia, at which his father laughed maniacally. His church father asked if DuBois had shot him, to which Smith indirectly said yes, which disappointed Auggie. Smith then told his father that he only came for Eagly and a new helmet. After finishing their lunch, Chris then went with his don to the storage chamber where he explained most of the helmets ‘ capabilities to Chris. If Chris could do something useful with a helmet, his beget would gift him one to use for the mission. [ 5 ]
dinner with the team
- “ People see this uniform, it strikes fear in their hearts. “
- ―Christopher Smith to John Economos[src]
That night, Smith put on his new costume and arrived at Fennel Fields. After parking, Smith left Eagly in his car, and entered the restaurant to meet Emilia Harcourt, Clemson Murn, John Economos, and Leota Adebayo, who ordered food without him. Smith argued with the team about Eagly and said that they were covetous because he had an eagle .
As Smith received his food, the team realized that he was being watched by his Gut Chase ‘s younger buddy, Adrian. Smith received a document on Senator Royland Goff, whom he was tasked to assassinate, but he had to see the file at his house. While eating, Smith was reprimanded by Economos and Murn, who asked him to remove his helmet, which he reluctantly did. After the meet ended, Smith returned to his car and was please to see Eagly, but was surprised by Adebayo. Smith began talking to her about the mission and the two began to bond. [ 5 ]
Fighting Annie Sturphausen
- “ Hey, I gotta thank you for tonight. I was having a crazy, fucked-up day, but when I was in your pussy back there, I felt, I don’t know, fucking hope! “
- ―Christopher Smith to Annie Sturphausen[src]
Smith, alongside his pet eagle Eagly, tracked Harcourt as she entered a secret bar, purpose on approaching her to converse in the hopes she would finally take a like towards Smith himself. Disillusioned by Smith ‘s attempts to court her, Harcourt left the barroom as Smith soon eyed a alone charwoman named Annie Sturphausen who immediately attracted him. They engaged in a one-night stand before she attempted to kill Smith, revealing herself to be a butterfly upon discovering the dossier he was supplied pertaining to the details of the mathematical process. The brush ended when Smith uses the his newly helmelt ‘s sonic boom feature which vaporized her in an instant, besides causing collateral wrong in the area. [ 12 ]
- “ You on the roof! Stop right there! “
- ―Miele to Christopher Smith[src]
The local anesthetic patrol department, headed by detective Sophie Song, were alerted to the incidental and head to the scenery of the confrontation, with Smith notifying Harcourt, who in turning was assisted by Adebayo in escorting Smith off the premises before he could be apprehended. As Smith collected his uniform and personal belongings from Annie ‘s apartment, he was concisely noticed by Song and her associate Larry Fitzgibbon, who proceeded to enter the apartment and interrogate its residents while tailing Smith. One of the residences which Smith himself attempted to hide in, washington occupied by a serviceman named Evan Calcaterra and his wife Amber, who were in a dysfunctional relationship. The two of them assisted Smith in gathering his belongings as he voluntarily tied them up in holy order to silence their controversy as Song and Fitzgibbon continued questioning other occupants. Smith attempted to exit the building complex through the mansion balconies, entirely to be cornered by police officers who arrived to arrest him. Harcourt infiltrated the premises and tranquilizd them, allowing Smith, Harcourt and Adebayo to escape the picture as they are shot at by Song and Fitzgibbon. interim, John Economos hurriedly swapped out Smith ‘s fingerprints in the crime scene to correlate with those of Christopher ‘s own father Auggie Smith to keep the police off Peacemaker ‘s track while Adebayo bribed Evan and Amber into lying when interrogated by the police which resulted Auggie ‘s unintended catch and placement in the Evergreen Corrections Center. [ 13 ]
Comforted by Vigilante
- “ I can tell under your mask, your face is skinny as shit. “
- ―Christopher Smith to Vigilante[src]
Upon being shunned by the team for confessing to leaving his dossier to be read by Stephanie, Smith returned to his dawdler and had his spirits lifted by his crimefighting collaborator Vigilante, who invited him to partake in target exercise and finally engage in a three between him, Smith, and Amber ; they jointly discovered that a device belonging to Stephanie was in actuality, a minature starship, confusing the three of them .
- “ You should’ve put a dove on the gun! fuck!”
“Take a breath, Smith. Steady youself.”
“Goddamn it! Waller gave us a killer who can’t kill! “
- ―Christopher Smith, Emilia Harcourt and Clemson Murn[src]
The watch day, Murn briefed the team on their first base ops mission, directing them to assassinate United States Senator Royland Goff and his family, who were presumed to all be Butterflies. As Smith and Harcourt infiltrated their home, they were joined by Vigilante, who successfully took over for browning machine gun when he hesitated on executing Goff ‘s son & daughter in addition to his wife when ordered by Murn .
As Vigilante was about to kill Royland himself, their bodyguard Judomaster intervened and incapacitated both Smith and Vigilante, taking them into the house ‘s basement for questioning. Goff attempted to goad Smith into confessing intel by torturing Vigilante and revealing his hidden identity as adrian Chase. They were saved by Harcourt, Murn and Adebayo successfully discovering the entrance to the basement and blowing it up with a turkey allowing Smith to free himself and kill Goff. Elsewhere, Economos besides incapacitated Judomaster by ramming into his car with the team ‘s van then whacking Judomaster in the head with a organ pipe until he was knocked unconcious. Upon being shot and killed by Smith, a butterfly emerged from Goff ‘s dead person cadaver, causing Smith to realize the nature of Project Butterfly. [ 4 ]
Visiting his church father
- “ Dad, listen… I didn’t know anything about this, okay? The people I’m working with, they did their own thing. They switched your fingerprints for mine”
“They did what?”
“I know, it’s fucked up, but I had nothing to do with it. “
- ―Christopher Smith and Auggie Smith[src]
Judomaster was captured and taken back to the group ‘s hideout to be awoken from his incapacitation and receive far questioning. meanwhile, Adrian and Smith made a diaphragm at Auggie ‘s house, where the latter retrieved fresh equipment and found out about his father ‘s arrest. Despite Clemson Murn ‘s wish to not have their dysfunctional relationship compromise their ongoing mission, in accession to Adebayo attempting to talk him out of it, Smith elected to visit his forefather at the Corrections Center, where he was threatened by Auggie with his undertake to expose Project Butterfly to the authorities. Outside the facility, Adebayo suggested to adrian Chase that Smith would be better off without his church father, which prompted him to get himself arrested out of a desire to infiltrate the prison grounds so he could kill Auggie himself, unbeknown to Smith. Chase would successfully provoke Auggie ‘s associates into physical confrontation, but would ultimately fail to aggravate Auggie himself, finally being bailed out by A.R.G.U.S. from serving imprison fourth dimension as Harcourt came to collect him and return him home later that day .
Interrogating and defeating Judomaster
- “ You remind me of a shit I took last night, only Asian.”
“Oh, big man. “
- ―Christopher Smith and Judomaster[src]
interim, Smith and Adebayo returned to their hideout, where they immediately discover Judomaster ‘s undertake escape from the premises. After a drawn-out one-on-one confrontation between Smith and Judomaster, Adebayo abruptly shot the latter precisely as he was about to inform Smith about the true determination of the Butterflies. Disillusioned and confused, Smith returned to his dawdler late that evening, having kept the Butterfly he claimed to have killed to the perch of the team, alive in a jar. entirely, he introspected about having to reluctantly kill Rick Flag inside Jötunheim, in addition to reflecting on his traumatic childhood and the death of his old brother, which were contributing factors to his falsify worldview on peace and justice. [ 14 ]
- “ You didn’t think to give me some sort of signal?.”
“Yeah the signal was I shot her head off. “
- ―Leota Adebayo and Peacemaker[src]
At Evergreen Corrections Center, Auggie Smith continued to urge Detective Song and Fitzgibbon regarding his artlessness, which lead to them discovering that Christopher Smith himself killed Annie Sturphausen at the apartment complex upon attempting to match their fingerprints and former re-interrogating the Calcaterras at their mansion. interim, Christopher was briefed by the team on the nature of the Butterflies, learning that they enter a human host through their orifice and feed on an unspecified fluent kernel. Adebayo ‘s discovery from the previous night lead them to the nearby Glan Tai Bottling Company where said liquid was processed and bottled for distribution. During the operation, Smith, equipped with a fresh helmet with an x-ray imagination feature of speech, learned that every employee in the factory are disguised Butterflies, in addition to encountering an escape gorilla from the menagerie named Charlie .
They successfully killed all the residing employees in the facility, with John Economos managing to kill Charlie with a chain saw, frankincense earning the deference and camraderie of Smith himself. The team began to attachment on their way back from the factory, with Harcourt starting a group chat for the team named after the traverse 11th Street Kids by the set Hanoi Rocks, and Smith invited Adebayo inside his dawdler for some drinks, where the latter took the probability to replace his personal diary with a replica, acting under orders from Amanda Waller. [ 15 ] Returning to the position, Adebayo, tried out Smith ‘s roentgenogram imagination helmet and unintentionally discovered that Murn was a Butterfly himself, with Murn revealing to her that their species came to Earth from their die world in an attempt to seek refuge, while the Butterfly own Royland Goff would finally stage a plan to invade the planet, with one Butterfly being the sole dissenter, leading him to possess a convict murderer and assume his current alias as Clemson Murn. meanwhile, Detective Song arranged for the exhaust of Auggie Smith from the Corrections Center and acquired an apprehension warrant for his son, much to the alarm of Police Deputy Caspar Locke, who was secretly collaborating with Murn on Project Butterfly unbeknown to the rest of the team .
Escaping the police
- “ This is the Evergreen Police Department! Come out now, peacefully. We have an arrest warrant for Christopher Smith! “
- ―Sophie Song to Christopher Smith[src]
At Smith ‘s trailer, the Goff Butterfly attempted to communicate with him and Vigilante just as the Evergreen police pull arrived to arrest him, prompting the two to escape with Chase and Eagly. While climbing onto the roof of the trailer to hide, Chase by chance dropped the glass jar containing the Goff Butterfly, allowing it to escape and immediately assimilate Detective Song. Smith, Chase and Eagly escaped back to the team hideout with the serve of Locke, while Locke was late presented with the forged diary by a police officer involved in raiding his trailer. At the hideout, Economos tracked the Butterflies ‘ activities back to Coverdale Ranch, where the team suspected that they ‘re utilising a overawe to mass-produce the raw amber fluent. Adebayo soon felt guilty over hiding confidential information about the operation from both Smith and her mother .
Butterfly-Song summoned an army of Butterflies to possess every patrol military officer and inmate within Evergreen Corrections Center, including Locke. Auggie meanwhile, rallied his followers and donned the White Dragon armor, intending to end his son ‘s life. Later that night, Smith and Chase witnessed a television broadcast where Butterfly-Locke publicly incriminated him with entries from the talk through one’s hat diary and issued a public mandate to apprehend and arrest him. [ 7 ]
Facing and killing his father
- Forty years ago, God challenged me as he did Abraham, but I was too weak to listen. But not no more! I knew you was unclean when you were born! And even more so when you killed your brother. I knew when you listened to that devil music. I knew when you shaved your body like a woman. I knew when you slept with the WHORES OF POLLUTED BLOOD… AND MEN!! And even more so when you conspired with the forces of Baphomet against the United States of America! And now, boy, I give your life… TO GOD!!“
- ―White Dragon to Peacemaker[src]
Feeling betrayed by his companions, Smith decided to set out, find and eliminate the “ overawe ” himself with Chase and Economos accompanying him. They were promptly intercepted by the Aryan Empire and Auggie in his White Dragon armor who was intending to kill him. Eagly attempted to save Smith merely to be significantly injured by White Dragon, before he himself directly confronted Smith. White Dragon pinned Peacemaker to the land and prepared to execute him while ranting about his racist reasonings behind hating him, this gave Vigilante the opportunity to ambush White Dragon dismantling a weak point in his armor that he had noticed early, rendering his weapons useless, while Economos killed the Aryan Empire members in the area leaving White Dragon defenseless .
Smith snapped and lashed out at his church father as he viciously beat him up, Auggie continued to bitterly twit and folderol lecture Chris until he ultimately shot Auggie in the promontory, killing him once and for all. Smith broke depressed to the ground cry, ultimately able to process his emotions. The team reunited at a veterinary clinic where Eagly was taken to be treated for his injuries. Harcourt and Adebayo informed the rest that Murn was killed by Eek Stack Ik Ik, while Smith desperately begged for Eagly to recover unaware that Adebayo witnessed him at his most emotionally vulnerable. After Eagly recovered, the team elected Harcourt as their new leader, who then briefed them on the Butterflies ‘ objective to teleport the “ cow ” to another enclave which would render all their efforts up to that point arguable. As the team left the clinic to head to Coverdale Ranch, the Butterflies prepared to move their “ cow ”, in actuality a elephantine alien larva. On their way to the ranch Adebayo attempted to apologize for the forge diary but Smith made it unclutter that he had no intention of forgiving her or seeing her again after the mission was over. [ 16 ]
- “ Activate human torpedo. “
- ―Peacemaker before killing the cow[src]
Upon reaching Coverdale Ranch, Adebayo attempted to contact Waller and persuade her to call the Justice League for reinforcements, but the team elected to initiate a plan reluctantly due a deficit of time. Following a fail undertake at infiltrating the nucleotide and destroying the overawe using Smith ‘s anti-gravity helmet, Smith dispatched Eagly to fly one of his sonic boom helmets to the chief base, only for Eagly to unintentionally drop it at a nearby placement in the woods. Upon attempting to search for the helmet, Smith experienced a brief hallucination of his die forefather, prompting him to use a tranquilizer flit to “ kill ” him, and unwittingly uncovering the helmet ‘s location. Economos, disguised as a Butterfly himself, planted Smith ‘s sonic boom helmet at the Butterflies ‘ basis, although the shockwave ultimately failed to kill the Cow .
With no other options, Smith, Harcourt and Chase launched a frontal rape where they killed closely every butterfly in the area, however Harcourt and Chase were shot down while Economos broke his leg when attempting to intervene. Adebayo saved Harcourt ‘s life and went to help Peacemaker. browning machine gun and Butterfly-Song battled again, Adebayo attempted to use the Human Torpedo helmet to assist but she missed her target and slammed her head into a wall. Eek Stack Ik Ik attempted to reason with Peacemaker that their motives for invasion were not to take over the earth but to stop humanity from destroying their own satellite the lapp way the Butterflies destroyed their native planet .
Eek Stack Ik Ik urged Peacemaker to stop fight and join their lawsuit, Peacemaker considered the extend but ultimately decided to fire Adebayo directly into the cow with the Human Torpedo, this killed the Cow and gave Peacemaker the probability to kill both Locke and Sophie Song ‘s bodies, though he opted to spare Eek Stack Ik Ik. barely as the 11th Street Kids walked off from the ranch with most of the members badly injured, they were unexpectedly met by the Justice League — consisting of Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman, who indeed had been called by Waller to help. Infuriated, Smith reprimanded the integral team for their lack of urgency regarding the badness of the position they entirely resolved without their intended aid. In the consequence of the events, Harcourt, Economos, and Chase undergo medical treatment for their injuries, interim, Adebayo and Smith made amends over the incident involving the juke diary, inspiring the latter to leak details surrounding “ Project Butterfly “ and Amanda Waller ‘s function in assembling Task Force X to the public, clearing Smith ‘s name in the march. Smith returned home to his preview, accompanied by Eagly and Eek Stack Ik Ik, who no retentive had any ill will towards him, but besides hallucinated his father again. [ 17 ]
- “ I… I used to think God put me here for a purpose. For peace. And I always said I didn’t care how many people I needed to torture or kill to get it, but… you know, lately, I just think I’m a fuckin’ maniac, like… I don’t know, I’m having… feelings about things that… “
Christopher Smith is a man who believes in peace at any cost, no matter how many people he has to kill along the means, [ 18 ] He is more than will to fight, kill, and even start a war, but in the end, every carry through he takes is in the name of ultimately keeping the peace. [ 19 ] While Smith is obsessed with gaining everlasting peace and shore leave, his actions are fierce and he loves death and destruction, stating that there is “ nothing like a bloodbath to start the day. ” He is bequeath to do anything to get peace and end all fight, no matter how many people he needs to kill, hurt, maim, or emotionally destroy along the way, making him very hypocritical. however, he is not beyond giving people he appreciates a warning before he attacks. He is besides uncoerced to humiliate himself for his induce, blindly follows orders, and condemned Bloodsport for killing for money. He is holier-than-thou, conceited, arrogant and cocksure, as seen with his competition with Bloodsport, and has no shame in showing off what he is able of. Due to his ego and hypocrisy, the other members of the Suicide Squad tend to greatly dislike him and not take him badly, not that he cares, as he views himself as better than them, claiming to do precisely what Bloodsport does, “ but better. ” Ratcatcher 2 and King Shark were the merely two members of the Suicide Squad who tried to reach out to him, and while he was initially on good terms with the former, he regretfully attempted to kill her so he could prevent the secrets of Project Starfish from being reached to the public, causing her to see a different side of him and was greatly afraid of him. He was besides annoyed by King Shark ‘s childlike and dim-witted nature ; he much nastily rejected his gestures of friendship despite a few instances of passing boost. Smith besides dislikes millennials such as Ratcatcher 2. Following his release from the hospital, Smith began to reflect on his actions ; he notably regrets killing Flag and putting on the façade of a ill-mannered, arrogant, misogynous person in order to push people away to protect his own feelings and reduce the risk, and begins to question the morality of his father ‘s teachings. He is besides heavily driven by his hope to gain his forefather ‘s approval, despite being well mindful and even being blatantly told on occasion that his father does not care about him and sees him as pathetic and weak. He even admitted that John Economos could be a likely friend, if he did not constantly tease him. Despite his claims that he is willing to kill children in the name of peace, he was unable to bring himself to kill Senator Goff ‘s children, though he claimed to Murn that he was ineffective to kill them due to not having been given the reason to kill them. He besides was shown to be uncomfortable and horrified when Vigilante killed them with the sniper rifle. Peacemaker later admitted to Harcourt that he doesn ’ triiodothyronine think he wants to kill people anymore, showing that he has grown from his previous political orientation, though he did admit he still had no issue killing aliens. Peacemaker is covetous of other superheroes that are more popular than him, chiefly the Justice League. He routinely makes barbarian claims and overstate stories about other superheroes in bootless attempts to discredit them based on blatantly fudge rumors he finds on social media or his own made up stories. Smith feels personally offended whenever his credentials as a superhero are brought into interview or when he ‘s reminded that he ‘s a lower tiered unpopular superhero, he besides tends to cling on to any proof he can have to validate his superhero status, such as framing a newsworthiness article reporting his battle with Kite-Man or going to a school Show-n-Tell at Jamill ‘s request to show off in front of kids. Peacemaker would have a consequence of self-validation when the Justice League arrived excessively late at Coverdale Ranch and he scolded them for being useless. Christopher was very airless to his older brother Keith during their youth, he developed his affectionateness for music during his childhood while hanging out with Keith. Chris ‘ accidental kill of Keith sternly traumatized him, and was a major subscriber to his warped scene on morality and lack of self-esteem. Chris shows signs of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, frequently flashbacking to Keith ‘s death and struggling to keep a composure whenever the flashbacks happen, his mangle of Rick Flag would later trigger similar flashbacks equally well, then after killing his own father Chris began hallucinating him. In his adulthood, Smith retains his fondness of music, he frequently resorts to listening music as a means of calming himself and when reflecting about himself. Behind all the egotistic, duty driven and holier-than-thou demeanor, Smith is a break self-loathing man trying to find a aim in the world, but is excessively haunted by the atrocious actions he committed to adjust in a normal environment. Smith ‘s time with the 11th Street Kids allowed him to slowly come to terms with his past demons and reconsider his global views, showing his vulnerable english more frequently to others and learning to process his repress emotions, but besides becoming more emotionally unstable and prone to bursts of anger. When White Dragon attempted to kill Peacemaker, Chris finally snapped and lashed out at his beget for all years of mistreat and atrocious treatment and ultimately he chose to kill his own father, when he did Chris broke down exclaim and fully acknowledged all his severe actions in the past .
- “ You’re kinda bulky to be a superhero, aren’t you?”
“Bulky? What the fuck you mean, bulky?”
“Well, most superheroes have a gymnast body. They’re ready to go.”
“I’m ready to go! “
- ―Jamil and Christopher Smith[src]
- Peak human condition: Peacemaker has achieved peak physical condition in his mission for global peace. He is incredibly strong and tough, being one of the most fit human heroes like Batman, as well as sufficiently fast and agile. He claims to put a lot of time into his small muscle groups.
- Peak human strength: Peacemaker is visibly very strong for a human; he is huge and hulking with “muscles on his muscles”. When the Suicide Squad went to rescue Rick Flag, he was strong enough to bury his tomahawk in a man’s head and cut off part of another man’s arm with his sword. He then easily hoisted himself onto a roof to take a vantage point. In the convoy, he reached one arm through a hole he made with a shotgun and grabbed the enemy passenger to slam his head into the glass, cracking it, and repeatedly hit his head against the side of the car until he was knocked out. He was able to knock down and throw a fully grown man like Flag around several feet and into two grain hoppers during their duel and later tossed Ratcatcher 2 to the ground with just one arm. Even as a child, Smith was quite strong, as he accidentally killed his brother by punching him with enough force to cause a seizure. During his first fight against Judomaster, he punched him across the face with enough force to make him flip, and during their rematch, he easily lifted him off the ground and onto the hood of a car, flipped him over his shoulder by his arm, and broke a car window with his head. Smith has fought at least two gorillas in his life, once at Burning Man, and Charlie, whose strength was enhanced by Butterflies.
- Peak human durability: Peacemaker is extraordinarily resilient; he walked away from a car crash, was barely fazed after being struck with a metal grate during his duel with Flag, and ultimately survived getting shot in the throat by Bloodsport and being crushed under the rubble after the collapse of Jotunheim. After recovering, he only needed to replace a clavicle. He can also withstand long falls, as seen when he failed to jump onto a balcony and hit the pavement. Smith is also able to withstand multiple slashes and stab wounds during his fight with Annie Sturphausen. When beaten by his father, who was wearing the White Dragon suit which enhanced his strength, Smith was bloodied but still able to move and fight.
- Peak human agility: Peacemaker has incredible agility, balance, dexterity and flexibility. He was able to land on his feet balance after jumping from the roof.
- Peak human stamina: Peacemaker possesses incredible endurance, showing little to no fatigue in the field even after extensive periods of fighting.
- Peak human reflexes: Peacemaker has very good reflexes. He cut a man’s arm off before he could shoot him, caught a metal grate swung at him by Flag, and made Ratcatcher 2 drop her device before she could use it against him.
- “ He does exactly what I do.”
“I always hit my targets dead center.”
“I hit them more in the center.”
“Well, you can’t hit something more in the center.”
“I use smaller bullets.”
“They go inside your bullet holes without even touching the side. “
- ―Bloodsport and Peacemaker[src]
- Master marksman: Peacemaker is a world-class marksman, like Bloodsport. He has trained his whole life to bring peace to the world, and he knows how to use and properly aim his guns as well as accurately fire his blowgun from a distance. In Corto Maltese, Smith was also able to shoot all three people using a blowgun from a far distance and he also used his pistol to shoot a man behind him over his shoulder without even looking at him. In a convoy, he used a shotgun to shoot the driver in the back of the head through the barrier, also without looking at him. During his final confrontation with Bloodsport, their bullets collided when they fired at each other. He later demonstrated to Vigilante that he could dual-wield revolvers, shoot at targets while bending over and looking between his legs, as well as create a peace symbol in a target with a rifle. Peacemaker is also a skilled archer and can use a recurve bow. He used a shotgun to accurately shoot Royland Goff in the face, and another shotgun to consistently shoot numerous Butterflies in the head with aid from his x-ray vision helmet. He even shot one through a door and shot another door open. He accurately shot his father in the forehead, and used his pistol to shoot his falling shield into the neck of a Butterfly host. He even shot Locke in the head from far distance and then Sophie Song.
- Expert combatant: Due to his rigorous training from birth by his father, Auggie Smith, his experience as a violent vigilante, combined with his powerful physique and stamina, Peacemaker is a phenomenally well-seasoned hand-to-hand combatant. He has training in Wrestling, Muay Thai, Judo, Fencing and Combat Shooting. His skill is great enough that he was even able to brutally fight the highly trained military Colonel, Rick Flag, only winning due to stabbing Flag in the heart with a bathroom tile in desperation for his life. Smith can also fight against Judomaster but was later overpowered due to his superior fighting technique. Smith later then rematch with Judomaster in the second time and later started to use more of his strength and fight him more effectively than before.
- Axe mastery: Peacemaker accurately threw his tomahawk into the head of a member of the Maltese Resistance. He also used his tomahawk to quietly slit another man’s throat and chop into another man who was lying down.
- Sword mastery: Peacemaker used his sword to cut off a man’s arm before he could shoot him, and then slit his throat. He also used his sword to brutally, but efficiently kill five Corto Maltesean soldiers who were guarding Jotunheim.
- Knife expertise: Peacemaker is skilled at using knives. He almost managed to stab Judomaster with his knife. He can also improvise his darts as stabbing weapons.
- Shield mastery: Peacemaker is highly skilled at using a shield in combat. He effectively fought numerous butterflies with it and blocked many gunshots coming towards him. He even combined with his pistol and shield while fighting butterflies.
- Expert assassin: According to Waller, anything is a deadly weapon in Peacemaker’s hands because his father trained him how to kill from the moment he was born. Similarly, Clemson Murn stated that he is a born killer (with which Vigilante agreed) with expertise in every weapon known to humankind and experience in black ops around the globe. As such, Peacemaker is a highly capable assassin, as he and Bloodsport efficiently wiped out the Maltese Resistance and later swiftly cut down men guarding Jotunheim. He also killed Rick Flag by improvising a jagged bathroom tile as a piercing weapon.
- Skilled tactician: While he comes off as a brutish soldier, Peacemaker is not entirely unintelligent when it comes to strategy. He knows how to effectively use his resources; he brought his x-ray vision helmet on a mission after learning that Butterflies infest a person’s brain so he could identify them. He also correctly deduced that Leota Adebayo planted the diary in his trailer and that his father was tracking him by his helmets, so he attached his helmet to a raccoon to mislead him and his group.
- Stealth: Despite his large appearance, colorful outfit and shiny helmet, Peacemaker is capable of stealth. When the Suicide Squad went to rescue Flag, Peacemaker and Bloodsport stealthily eliminated members of the Maltese Resistance.
- Intimidation: Due to his absolute belief in keeping the peace, Smith is willing to go to any length to complete his mission. As he claims to be thorough, Ratcatcher 2 was visibly afraid of his ruthlessness.
- Skilled musician: Peacemaker played the piano version of Motley Crue’s “Home Sweet Home.” Music serves as an outlet for him to express himself because he is emotionally mute.
- “ Keepin’ the peace is worth any price, including the life of a hero like yours, sir, so please… don’t make me do this. “
- ―Peacemaker to Rick Flag[src]
- Indomitable will: Peacemaker will do whatever it takes in order to achieve his warped form of peace. He is so obsessed with attaining peace that he will kill as many men, women, and even children as he has to in order to make it happen. Peacemaker was even willing to kill Rick Flag and attempted to also kill Ratcatcher 2 as part of his mission despite having befriended both of them during his time at Corto Maltese, though in both instances he showed reluctance to do so before coming to the conclusion that there was no other alternative and also showed regret over his murdering of Flag.
- “ He has a history of instability and conspiratorial beliefs. Couple that with violent outbursts, he was the perfect pawn. “
- ―Leota Adebayo to Emilia Harcourt[src]
- Mental illness: Though not to the degree of his friend Adrian Chase, Peacemaker obviously suffers from mental illness stemming from him accidental killing of his older brother which severely traumatized him and even after killing his father.
- Obsession: Peacemaker is obsessed with the idea of peace in America, and ultimately the world, and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal, to the point where it clouds his judgement and makes him rather unstable.
- Trauma: Peacemaker’s accidental murdering of Keith severly traumatized him, Chris is prone to flashbacking to Keith’s death on a regular basis and suffer panic attacks when struggling with his guilt over it. He requires having a “Dove of Peace” emblem on any weapon he uses as a means to cope with his trauma. when not having the Dove of Peace Chris loses his composure and becomes hesitant to kill even if the mission requires it. Peacemaker’s killing of Rick Flag and betrayal of Task Force X caused similar damage on his psyche.
- Schizophrenia: After Peacemaker killed his father, Auggie Smith, he started developing hallucinations of him, who mocked Chris.
- “ It’s not a toilet seat, it’s a beacon of freedom! “
Read more : Marvel Studios – Wikipedia
- ―Peacemaker to Bloodsport[src]
- Peacemaker suit: Smith wears a red, blue, and white suit as Peacemaker, tight-fitting to display his strength, with holsters for his guns, and a picture of a dove his chest, showing his message of peace to all.
- Peacemaker’s helmets: Smith wears an oddly-shaped chrome helmet with a dove engraved on the forehead to protect his skull and identity which was created by his father Auggie Smith. Smith’s father developed multiple helmets each with their own special function such as causing a sonic boom which was enough to kill Annie Sturphausen and send other vehicles away with force, or X-Ray Vision which Smith used to identify if someone is a Butterfly by looking at their brain. Smith later went back to his storage chamber to take all other helmets for his use for the missions, but he abandoned them once he realized his father was tracking him through the helmets. He reclaimed the helmets after killing the White Dragon.
Weapons and gadgets
- “ The dove of peace, my trademark. It’s engraved on all my weapons, my tomahawk, my sword, my blowdarts, my pistol! “
- IMI/Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX: Peacemaker uses a long-barreled pistol, sometimes fitted with a suppressor or a scope, as his main weapon to incapacitate and kill those he believes threaten peace or who get in his way. He occasionally loads his pistol with exploding compression bullets. He used it to bring down Kite-Man, along with two rocket launchers. After Bloodsport shot through his bullet with a smaller bullet, destroying his gun, he acquired a second identical pistol. He brought it to practice shooting appliances with Vigilante, and used it to shoot his falling shield into the neck of a Butterfly host, using it for the entirety of Project Butterfly.
- Luger P08: Smith took a pistol from one of his father’s soldiers and used it to execute him by shooting him in the forehead.
- Glock 17: Smith took Eek Stack Ik Ik’s pistol when they inhabited Sophie Song.
- Colt Single Action Army: Smith dual-wielded a pair of revolvers when shooting appliances with Vigilante.
- Remington 870: Smith briefly commandeered a shotgun when he was liberated from a convoy, using it to shoot the driver in the head and reach through the hole to attack the passenger. He later took another shotgun from Royland Goff and used it to shoot him in the face.
- All right, that might be overkill.”
“I fought these Butterflies before, remember?”
“We’re not even sure they’re in there. Just take your pistol.”
“I finger bang you, I’m not using my pinky.“
- ―Emilia Harcourt and Peacemaker[src]
- Kel-Tec KSG: Smith used a bullpup shotgun to practice shooting appliances with Vigilante. He later carried it when infiltrating the Glan Tai Bottling Company facility, using it to shoot many Butterflies in the head, aided by his x-ray vision helmet. However, Charlie the gorilla disarmed him of his shotgun.
- Heckler & Koch HK416: Smith used a rifle to shoot a peace symbol into an appliance while practicing with Vigilante.
- FN P90: Smith was given a new gun from Harcourt in preparation to fight the Butterflies and kill their cow. After his father crashed the car with him, Vigilante and Economos, the rifle ended up in the hands of the latter two. Chris himself used it during the Battle at Coverdale Ranch, discarding it once it ran out of ammunition.
- Barrett M82: Smith attempted to assassinate the Goff family with a sniper rifle, but he could not bring himself to shoot the children.
- Tomahawk: Peacemaker often makes use of a pair of tomahawks while out in the field, capable of using them as ranged weaponry or close-quarters melee with expert finesse.
- Sword: Peacemaker rarely utilizes a 4’11” long titanium steel blade when engaging in hand-to-hand fighting range.
- Blowgun: In the event of stealth encounters, Peacemaker is also armed with a blowgun containing poison darts which can kill enemies within seconds. However, since his magnum already comes with a suppressor, he only uses the blowgun in order to show off his skills to Bloodsport.
- Bow and arrows: Peacemaker carries his bow and arrows when practice shooting with Vigilante.
- Grenade/Tank shell: Smith attached a grenade to a Russian tank shell and threw it at a horde of Butterflies.
- Shield: During the battle at Coverdale Ranch Peacemaker used a stylized shield featuring his signature dove of peace emblem. The shield could stop bullets without any sign of taking damage and could be used as an offensive weapon shown to be capable of slicing limbs off the butterflies with a single strike. The shield was lost when Peacemaker fell through the stairs on his way to the cow’s location.
- Peacemaker’s 1976 Ford Comet: Smith owned his personal vehicle which painted in America flag for transportation. It was later destroyed when he activated sonic blast on his helmet.
- Vigilante-mobile: Smith sat in a normal Sebring car owned by Adrian Chase to get to his father’s home for more helmets.
- Aryan Empire’s sedan: Smith drove a car stole by Adrian Chase to escape Aryan Empire. Unbeknownst to him, Chase stored a bag of his helmets in the trunk, prompting Smith to stop the car to throw the bag away in order not to be tracked by the White Dragon.
- Locke’s sedan: Smith and Adrian Chase was offered a black car by Locke to escape the police.
- 11th Street Kids’ van: To be added
- In DC Comics, Christopher Smith was a pacifist diplomat so committed to global peace that he takes on the superhero alter ego, Peacemaker, to ensure it by strictly using non-lethal weapons and combat techniques. Although, over time, he started to develop more into a violent vigilante that is willing to make sacrifices for peace.
- This is the first onscreen adaptation of the Peacemaker, though a version of Christopher Smith was mentioned in the Arrowverse, although he has yet to be seen.
- Every weapon Peacemaker uses is engraved or adorned with his “dove of peace”, and he believes he can’t kill using a weapon without it. He later claims to Harcourt that he doesn’t actually care if a “dove of peace” is engraved on the weapon, having used it as an excuse because of his nerves.
- Chris cannot draw his “dove of peace”, claiming it always looks like a ghost when he tries.
- He is ironically the perfect pawn for Waller, who shares his ideals of peace.
- Smith likes zucchini noodles.
- Smith is a fan of Quireboys and Cinderella, going so far as to risk a mission to get some more records for his collection. He also likes Sister Sin, Whitesnake, Poison, and Hanoi Rocks. However, he dislikes jazz.
- Smith gets most of his information from Twitter, Google, and Facebook.
- When he was initially arrested in 2017, Chris was sentenced to thirty years in Belle Reve.
- As confirmed in “Stop Dragon My Heart Around”, Smith is bisexual as according to Auggie Smith, Chris has had relationships with both women and men.
Behind the scenes
- John Cena has described Peacemaker on a few occasions as a “douchey Captain America“.
- Dave Bautista was originally in talks for the role, but had to pass, because of his busy schedule. James Gunn later confirmed that he originally did write the role with Dave Bautista in mind.
- Spencer Thomas and Spencer Mulligan were stunts doubles for John Cena in the role of Peacemaker.
- John Cena had to eat 31 empanadas for one scene where all the members of Task Force X sit on a roof eating, and Cena wanted it to look cool for one seamless take.
- When DC rebooted their comics lineup in 2011 with The New 52! and later DC Rebirth initiatives, Peacemaker was dropped altogether. However, Christopher Smith returned, and thus was introduced into the new continuity in 2019, and later in the Suicide Squad comics in early 2021. This likely had to do with DC’s confidence in Cena and Gunn’s version of the character and the popularity he was likely to (and did) generate.
DC Extended Universe Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Peacemaker. Thehas a collection of images and media related to