|“I can’t print this, Lois, you might’ve hallucinated half of it.” ―Perry White, Man of Steel
It is suggested that this article, or a segment of this article, is in necessitate of proper citations .
Reading: Ratcatcher 2
1990s [ 1 ]
Task Force X ( once )
The Suicide Squad
Peacemaker ( archive footage )
Maya Le Clark ( young )
- This city isn’t yours. This city isn’t ours. This city is theirs.“
- ―Ratcatcher 2 to Starro[src]
Cleo Cazo, besides known as Ratcatcher 2, is the daughter and protégée of the original Ratcatcher. Under his steering, she turned to a life of crime, while being aided by an army of little rodents which she can communicate with and control. After being arrested, she became a member of the irregular Task Force X strike team sent to Corto Maltese, where she formed a close relationship with Bloodsport. Cleo played a major function in Starro ‘s frustration by calling all the rats in the city to enter in the stranger monster ‘s eye and eat its organs, killing it .
- Why rats, papa?”
“Rats are the lowliest and most despised of all creatures, my love. If they have a purpose, so do we all.“
- ―Cleo Cazo and Ratcatcher[src]
Cleo Cazo was born in Portugal and raised by her father. Despite her father ‘s drug problems, he gave his daughter a lot of love and taught her that if rats, the most helpless creatures in the worldly concern, had a determination they did besides. Throughout her biography, her don taught her to use his gadgets to control rats, getting the animals to bring her things they stole and protect them on cold winter nights. however, Ratcatcher ‘s drug problems continued to grow and one day he died of an overdose, leaving his unseasoned daughter alone. For the future several years, Cleo continued to live on the streets with the rats until she reached adulthood. [ 2 ]
Imprisoned in Belle Reve
Upon reaching adulthood, she tried to straighten herself out and live the “ American ambition. ” however, she ended up following in her beget ‘s footsteps as a criminal, calling herself “ Ratcatcher 2, ” after her father. While a criminal, Cleo evaded the police several times and grew quite adoring of one denounce in particular, who she named Sebastian and treated as a favored. unfortunately, Cleo was caught by local law enforcement after robbing a depository financial institution and sent to Belle Reve, where she became a extremity of Task Force X. [ 2 ]
Recruited into Task Force ten
- “ You are a little idiot. “
- ―Bloodsport to Ratcatcher 2[src]
In 2021, she and her fellow team members went to Corto Maltese to destroy the prison and testing ground known as Jotunheim, once used by the Nazi Party, a well as wipe out all traces of the mysterious Project Starfish. Upon arrival, they find a spot to camp for the night. As she is asleep, King Shark tries to eat her, but DuBois saves her, pinning him against a corner. Cleo drowsily catches up with the team, where they tell her that King Shark had attempted to eat her. Enraged, she summons a horde of rats, prompting Bloodsport to reveal his fear of rats. She questions why he is on a team with her if he is afraid of rats, which he counters by saying it was not his decision. As the team argues, DuBois begs her to get rid of the rats, which she does so reluctantly. To prevent King Shark from trying to eat them, Cleo decides to befriend him, a lot to her teammates dismay. Annoyed by her childish optimism, DuBois calls her a “ little idiot ” before storming off with the others, leaving her confuse .
Finding Rick Flag
After receiving orders from Wallace to find Flag, who she believes has been captured by the Corto maltese government, Ratcatcher aids the stay of Task Force X in distracting and murdering numerous armed men at a nearby establish. She and the others are surprised, however, when they find that the men are actually working for Sol Soria, the drawing card of the immunity, and that they had actually rescued Flag. [ 2 ] Despite a rocky start, Soria agrees to help them, providing them with disguises and a ride into the city.
Capturing Thinker and Saving Harley
- “ Don’t worry, yeah? I’m gonna get you outta here alive.”
“I’m going to get you out of here alive. “
- ―Bloodsport and Ratcatcher 2[src]
On the busbar, Cleo asks DuBois why he afraid of rats, where he retorts by asking why she loves them. She then reveals her breeding, living homeless on the streets of Portugal. Although her father struggled with a drug addiction, he loved her flatly and taught her how to use his equipment to train and communicate with rats. The rats acted as their safehaven, stealing trinkets for them to live on, and keeping them warm on cold winter nights. finally, his addiction caught up with him and her don died of an overdose, leaving the young Cleo alone. From there, Cleo took his creations and came to America, hoping to live the “ american Dream ”, but alternatively was arrested and incarcerated at Belle Reve for arm bank robbery ( due to the state considering the rats a weapon ). Sympathizing with her, DuBois tells her about how her by reminded him of his daughter ‘s. Cleo then asks again why he is afraid of rats, where DuBois tells her that one day as a child, his father locked him in a crate full of starving rats for 24 hours. Cleo then says that angstrom fallible as her forefather was, he loved her, and she feels blue that DuBois could n’t have that besides. Bonding with each early, they make a common treaty to keep each other safe. soon after, they arrive at a bar the Thinker frequents, where they pass the time by drink and dancing. finally, the Thinker arrives, and DuBois successfully takes him hostage. Before they can leave however, the Corto Maltese military shows up, asking for ID ‘s. Realizing the military is onto them, he gives Thinker and his accelerator to Cleo and Abner, telling them to escape out the back and converge at the shared coordinates. He, along with Flag and Peacemaker, then turn themselves in, giving Cleo and Abner time to escape. Panicked, Cleo leads Abner and Thinker out the back, where they meet up with Milton. On the way, the Thinker complements her rat technology, saying he is working on a similar invention with humans, but she does not want to hear it. Indignant, Thinker calls her out for her increasingly anxious state, deducing that she is not her team ‘s drawing card, which angers her enough to threaten him, making him back down. She and the others late meet Dubois, Flag, and Peacemaker outside the city where they had crashed the convoy .
infiltration in Jotunheim
Infiltrating Jotunheim with the Thinker as their prisoner, they head to the submarine levels where Starro is being held. hera, the Thinker reveals information to Ratcatcher, Flag and Peacemaker about the involvement of the United States government in the ghastly experiments on Starro. [ 2 ]
Facing an unchain Starro, Ratchatcher tries to outrun the giant starfish and narrowly a adds being crushed by following Sebastian through some debris. After Peacemaker and Flag fight following the uncover of the government in Jotunheim, Ratcatcher watches in shock as Peacemaker forcibly kills flag before he was killed himself. Ratcather takes the hard drive and flees the scenery after Peacemaker orders to give him the campaign. Afraid and panicked, Ratcather tries to evade him, but equitable as she tries to assemble rat backup, Peacmaker grabs her and throws her on the ground. Though she madly tries to tell him to merely destroy the force and leave her be, the cold assassin can ’ thymine afford a witness. evening though he apologies merely as he is about to kill her, Ratcather cries in fear before deBuoy enters the view from the collapsing ceiling. After a brusque Mexican repulsion, the two hitmen fires simultaneously, with Peacmaker dropping apparently dead. DeBuoy meets with Ratcather whom explains the situation and regroups with the remaining members of Task Force X. With the build destroyed by the bombs, Starro is barren to roam the city and the group is forced to come up with a plan of military action. In a despairing attempt to save as many lives as possible, Ratcatcher summons the cities rats to overpower Starro. This is finally successful and the team are able to take down Starro working together. [ 2 ] After the helicopter picks them up, the team last catches a breath, with Ratcather leaning into Nanuae and dormant .
- “ If I die ’cause I gambled on love, it will be a worthy death. “
- ―Cleo Cazo[src]
Unlike most of the Squad, Cleo is not a hardened and violent condemnable, preferably a sweetness, empathic, and endearing youthful womanhood, but wholly out of her element as a extremity of the Suicide Squad. She sees the good in everyone, and attempts to make friends with them, even dangerous serial killers like King Shark and the Peacemaker. Because of her innocent demeanor and empathic nature, Cleo tends to panic easily when abruptly thrown into a dangerous site. She besides seems to be afraid of violence, and prefers to have her rats fight for her. Her most define trait however, is her apathetic laziness, as she tends to get tired easily and sleeps whenever she gets the probability .
Powers and abilities
- Keen intellect: Cleo was intelligent enough to better the technology made by her father by controlling rats on a large scale to defeat Starro. She was also the one to realize that Starro’s spawns could be countered by shielding the face, which was instrumental in allowing the Suicide Squad to survive when others were being controlled.
- Bilingualism: Cleo is able to speak her native Portuguese, as well as English, albeit with an accent.
- “ Do you want a dozen angry rodents crawling up your ass? “
- ―Ratcatcher 2 to Thinker[src]
- Ratcatcher uniform: Cleo’s uniform was mostly made of leather, consisting of a thick coat and boots. The suit had two pouches attached to it, able to hold equipment and her pet rat Sebastian. The uniform was also able to hold the Ratcatcher mask on the belt and presumably had a place for the Rat communicator to be stored when not in use.
- Ratcatcher mask: The smell of the sewers, where rats usually live, can be overpowering to the human nose, so Cleo cleverly wears a mask with a filtration system, ensuring she doesn’t need to breathe in the smell and fumes of the sewer system while controlling her rats.
- Rat communicator: An advanced technology device created by Ratcatcher to easily tame and train rats. Cleo inherited the device after her father’s death, and used it in her crimes and on the mission to Corto Maltese. There is no apparent limit to the amount of rats it can communicate with, as demonstrated during the Suicide Squad battle against Starro, where Cleo tamed hundred of thousand of rats to attack the monster and eat them from the inside, defeating them.
- Rat manipulation: Cleo can easily tame and train rats with the rat communicator to do tasks for her.
- Mind control: Cleo can control the minds of rats and have them do her bidding.
- Rat manipulation: Cleo can easily tame and train rats with the rat communicator to do tasks for her.
- Helicopter: To be added
- This version of Ratcatcher is gender-swapped and is named after the first Ratcatcher, who trained her to be his protégé at a young age.
- While the DCEU’s original Ratcatcher is more true to the comic version, this version of the Ratcatcher is an original character created for the DC Extended Universe.
- Ratcatcher 2’s incarceration in Belle Reve is questionable as she didn’t seek to harm anyone or was a real danger like Joker or Black Mask. Making her no real threat aside from the fact her army of vermin carried disease.
Behind the scenes
- Katie Eischen was a stunt double for Daniela Melchior in the role of Ratcatcher 2.
- In the original script, Polka-Dot Man was supposed to live while Ratcatcher 2 was supposed to die, but Gunn ended up reversing the roles because he had felt like Polka-Dot Man’s arc was “complete” by the time of his death while Ratcatcher 2’s was not.
- Concept art for The Suicide Squad by Simon Murton
showed young Cleo Cazo and an army of rats holding a candle wake for the deceased original Ratcatcher in a Porto alleyway. This scene did not appear in the final version of the film.
- The church tower Cleo and her father were sitting on during one of the flashbacks is the well-known Igreja dos Clérigos (Clérigos Church) in Porto.
DC Extended Universe Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Ratcatcher 2. Thehas a collection of images and media related to