- Personal Status
- Fighting expressive style
13 (At death)
Sakonji Urokodaki ( Master )
Makomo ( Co-trainer )
Max Mittelman Sabito Images Image Gallery
|“||All you’ve done with your training is memorize the information. Your body still has no clue on what it needs to do. What the hell have you’ve been up to for the past year and a half? All of it has to be hammered into your flesh! More. More! More!! You have to make sure you never forget any of the secrets Urokodaki taught you! Pound it into the marrow of your bones!||”|
|— Sabito to Tanjiro Kamado in Tanjiro’s Journal, Part 2|
Sabito ( 錆 ( さび ) 兎 ( と ), Sabito ? ) was a former apprentice of Sakonji Urokodaki. He appeared to assist Tanjiro Kamado in his preparations for the Final Selection examination .
Sabito was a fair-skinned young man with a large scar running from the right corner of his mouth to his right ear, and kind, cat-like eyes of a grey lavender color, a horizontal bar of a lot pale purple visible across them near the bottom. He had thick, spiked, peach-colored hair’s-breadth of varying lengths, the longest reaching his shoulders, that he wore messily down with side micro bangs over the left of his brow. Sabito wore a green kimono, patterned with a geometric hexagon design of scandalmongering and a dark green, tied off at the shank with a piece of black framework, below which he sported a pair of tattsuke-hakama pants and over which a plain white haori. Around his calves, he wore a match of kyahan, that bore the same design as his kimono, which his pants were tucked into, equally well as black tabi socks and a copulate of zōri on his feet. As with the rest of Sakonji Urokodaki ‘s apprentices, Sabito ‘s white guard mask, hand-carved by his overlord himself, took the supreme headquarters allied powers europe of a fox ‘s confront, his decorated by a large scar in the same put as the one on his expression. The dissemble ‘s eyes and nose were of a blue k while the ears were more of a gray-red, and it was secured around his face by a chummy piece of red rope around his capitulum, the ends of which hung down from behind each of his ears .
Sabito ‘s unmask face in the manga . Sabito ‘s unmask front in the zanzibar copal .
Sabito was a unplayful young man who believed that all of his actions should be becoming of a man. He was seen as a pitiless mentor during his time education Tanjiro Kamado, who was always quick to point out his flaws and refused to acknowledge him as a valet. When asked about defeating the Hand Demon, Sabito appeared to have a pessimistic view on conflicts, saying he believed that no matter how hard person tries it will never be adequate to take the beast down. even so, Sabito entrusted his will to Tanjiro and was happy when he surpassed him as Sakonji ‘s strongest scholar, openly acknowledging that Tanjiro was the toughest of them all and proudly leaving the hover will of all Sakonji ‘s lose children to him. According to Sabito ‘s best acquaintance Giyu Tomioka, he was a identical kind son with a strong common sense of judge, back when he was calm alert. It is implied that Sabito was a altruistic person, as seen in Giyu ‘s flashback, when it is revealed he saved everyone in his group from the Hand Demon during his Final Selection, sacrificing himself in the march .
Sakonji took in Sabito and Makomo after they were both orphaned, where he met Giyu, training them until they became potent adequate to enter Final survival to potentially become Demon Slayers. During his seven days on Mt. Fujikasane, Sabito, after ploughing through many demons and saving many of the other to-be slayers, encountered a herculean morph Demon who desired to devour all of Sakonji ‘s students. In an attempt to kill it, Sabito ‘s blade breaks on the devil ‘s thickly neck, and he dies by the Demon ‘s hands. [ 1 ] Sabito was the only one who did n’t pass his year ‘s final excerpt. His yukata was taken by Giyu, who now wears it in memory of his best acquaintance ‘s sacrifice. Makomo and Sabito ‘s soul return to Mount Sagiri, as they can not rest ascribable to their failure and Sakonji ‘s grief. Although, as Makomo was adopted and died a period of meter before Sabito, they did n’t meet each other in person until after he died .
unable to rest after failing to return to Sakonji, Sabito and Makomo ‘s souls find their way back to Mount Sagiri, where they reside from then on. Sakonji finally takes on a modern student named Tanjiro, and, after one and a half years of coach, Tanjiro is placid ineffective to pass Sakonji ‘s final screen : splitting a boulder using his sword .
Sabito sits atop the boulder, appearing ahead Tanjiro as he laments over his lack of build up, and tells him that a man should grieve in secrecy. He attacks Tanjiro and well kicks him aside after a curtly clash of their weapons, saying that Tanjiro is slow, unaccented, and immature and telling him these are not the qualities of a true man. [ 2 ] Tanjiro asks Sabito what he ‘s doing, and the latter responds with the same wonder, continuing to ask how long Tanjiro plans remain on the establish. After he gets up, Sabito asks him to come and fight, but Tanjiro expresses business over using a real katana against Sabito ‘s wooden sword. Amused by the fact that Tanjiro thinks he can in truth harm him at his current skill flush, Sabito laughs before rushing at his adversary. Sabito ‘s wooden blade pressures Tanjiro equitable like a real one would. The disguise son claims he ‘s the stronger of the two and denies the idea that he might get hurt, besides revealing that he already sliced the boulder before. Sabito leaps through the trees, using his extreme agility to throw Tanjiro off before striking him down. Sabito tells Tanjiro that he has n’t mastered a individual form of entire Concentration Breathing, claiming that Tanjiro has only memorized the practices and needs to slam those lessons into his flesh alternatively if he very wants to learn them. He pressures Tanjiro with a flurry of slashes and demands that he never forget the secrets he learned from Sakonji .
Tanjiro claims he ‘s working hard but ca n’t make any more progress, and Sabito tells him to act like a man and go far to surpass his limits. He wants to see what Tanjiro is able of in this crusade and defeats him shortly after using a herculean uppercut swing. Sabito then entrusts the remainder of Tanjiro ‘s train to Makomo. Tanjiro continues to challenge Sabito throughout his discipline but is never able to win, or at least not until six months subsequently. During their concluding duel, Sabito brings a real katana alternatively of a wooden one, and, on that day, Sabito last says Tanjiro has the look of a man. The fight ends in an instantaneous, as Tanjiro ‘s blade finally reaches Sabito first, splitting his mask. Sabito ‘s confront is revealed, and he ‘s smiling, gallant of his successor. He disappears and Tanjiro realizes that he ‘s last sliced the boulder. [ 3 ] As Tanjiro bides farewell to Sakonji, he asks him to greet Sabito and Makomo for him, leaving Sakonji confused. Hinting at the fact that the two were actually ghosts, Sakonji wonders where Tanjiro got those names from. After Tanjiro leaves for his Final Selection, Sabito sits atop the boulder, continuing to watch over him with Makomo, who asks if Sabito thinks Tanjiro can avenge their deaths. Sabito says is n’t certain because they lost despite their bests efforts .
Tanjiro learns the accuracy about the deaths of thirteen of Sakonji ‘s children at the hands of the morph demon. Enraged, Tanjiro rushes into attack recklessly, but Sabito reminds him to calm down because his breathe is uneven. He asks Tanjiro to forget about the others for now and focus on the task at hand. Makomo starts to lose hope and questions if Tanjiro will die besides. Sabito tells her the consequence can go either manner, however, there is one incontrovertible fact : Tanjiro is the valet who sliced the largest, bad boulder of all. The Hand Demon believes he can defeat Tanjiro the lapp way he did Sabito, but Sakonji ‘s newest student slays the demon and avenges all the fallen children. [ 1 ] Tanjiro wins and the souls of all of Sakonji ‘s children can rest in peace. Satisfied that no more lives were being lost to the monster, and that their overcome would get one of his children back, Sabito leaps off the boulder and disappears into the mist, bidding farewell to Tanjiro. [ 4 ] Sabito appeared in a flashback, when Giyu Tomioka mentions that him and Sabito were entered in the same Final choice, as they were both pupils under Sakonji Urokodaki. Sabito was the alone one killed in that Final Selection, being able to protect the other participants from being harmed by the antic Hand Demon .
Overall Abilities: Sabito is regarded as Sakonji ‘s most potent erstwhile schoolchild, succeeded only by Tanjiro ; the Hand Demon even noted that Sabito was the most potent disciple of Sakonji ‘s that he had killed. [ 5 ] Tanjiro has stated that Sabito would have probably been an amazing fencer if he had survived. [ 6 ]
Fighting expressive style
Expert Swordsman: Sabito was a very skilled fencer, as seen during his Final Selection examination, in which he was able to kill closely all of the Demons on the wisteria bloom batch single-handed and save all the other participants, [ 7 ] a feat that tied Tanjiro was unable to accomplish as he was busy protecting himself. [ 8 ] Throughout Tanjiro ‘s discipline, Sabito was besides able to repeatedly defeat him while wielding a wooden sword, even though Tanjiro was using a real blade, [ 9 ] and, during their first battle, Sabito showcased enhance amphetamine, agility, and reflexes that easily outclassed those of Tanjiro at the clock time. It finally took Tanjiro six months of train before he was able to defeat Sabito. [ 10 ] Water Breathing ( 水 ( みず ) の呼 ( こ ) 吸 ( きゅう ), Mizu no kokyū ? ) : Sabito was a skilled practitioner of the Water Breathing, which he used to single-handed kill about all the Demons inhabiting the wisteria flower batch during his Final Selection examination .
- First Form: Water Surface Slash 壱 ( いち ) ノ型 ( かた ) 水 ( みな ) 面 ( も ) 斬 ( ぎ ) り, Ichi no kata : Minamo Giri ?
- Second Form: Water Wheel 弐 ( に ) ノ型 ( かた ) 水 ( みず ) 車 ( ぐるま ), Ni no kata : Mizu Guruma ?
- Third Form: Flowing Dance 参 ( さん ) ノ型 ( かた ) 流 ( りゅう ) 流 ( りゅう ) 舞 ( ま ) い, San no kata : Ryūryū Mai ?
- Fourth Form: Striking Tide 肆 ( し ) ノ型 ( かた ) 打 ( う ) ち潮 ( しお ),
Read more : Best Studio Ghibli Movies, Ranked
Shi no kata : Uchishio ?
- Fifth Form: Blessed Rain after the Drought 伍 ( ご ) ノ型 ( かた ) 干 ( かん ) 天 ( てん ) の慈 ( じ ) 雨 ( う ), Go no kata : Kanten no Jiu ?
- Sixth Form: Whirlpool 陸 ( ろく ) ノ型 ( かた ) ねじれ渦 ( うず ), Roku no kata : Nejire Uzu ?
- Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust 漆 ( しち ) ノ型 ( かた ) 雫 ( しずく ) 波 ( は ) 紋 ( もん ) 突 ( づ ) き, Shichi no kata : Shizuku Hamon Tsuki ?
- Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin 捌 ( はち ) ノ型 ( かた ) 滝 ( たき ) 壼 ( つぼ ), Hachi no kata : Takitsubo ?
- Ninth Form: Splashing Water Flow, Turbulent 玖 ( く ) ノ型 ( かた ) 水 ( すい ) 流 ( りゅう ) 飛沫 ( しぶき ) ・乱 ( らん ), Ku no kata : Suiryū Shibuki – run ?
- Tenth Form: Constant Flux 拾 ( じゅう ) ノ型 ( かた ) 生 ( せい ) 生 ( せい ) 流 ( る ) 転 ( てん ), Jū no kata : Seisei Ruten ?
Game Exclusive Techniques
- Third Form: Flowing Dance, Shadows of Dawn 参 ( さん ) ノ型 ( かた ) 流 ( りゅう ) 流 ( りゅう ) 舞 ( ま ) い・朝 ( あさ ) 影 ( かげ ), San no kata : Ryūryū Mai – Asakage ? – Sabito covers his blade in water before unleashing a series of circular rising slashes in a flowing motion from multiple directions before delivering a powerful downward slash.
- Ninth Form: Splashing Water Flow 玖 ( く ) ノ型 ( かた ) 水 ( すい ) 流 ( りゅう ) 飛沫 ( しぶき ), Ku no kata : Suiryū Shibuki ? – The user rushes around their opponent discombobulating them in multiple circles forming a vortex-like flow of water. They subsequently leap over their opponent delivering an overhead slash summoning a large wave crushing them afterwards.
Katanas: Sabito possessed both a wooden sword and a substantial sword. He was very technical with the wooden sword against Tanjiro, even though the latter was wielding a real blade .
- Sabito is considered the best student among others under the guidance of Sakonji.
- Sabito shares his Japanese and English voice actors with Basil Sabancci from the video game Valkyria Revolution.
- In Kimetsu Academy, Sabito is a member of the kendo club.
- His name contains the kanji for “rust” 錆, sabi ? 兎,
Read more : Studio Ghibli Exhibit in LA | Talon Marks
- It is said that Sabito’s death is what resulted in Giyu Tomioka’s emotionless personality.
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) “All you’ve done with your training is memorize the information. Your body still has no clue on what it needs to do. What the hell have you’ve been up to for the past year and a half? All of it has to be hammered into your flesh! More. More! More!! You have to make sure you never forget any of the secrets Urokodaki taught you! Pound it into the marrow of your bones!“
- (To Giyu Tomioka) “Don’t you ever say that you wish that you had died again! If you do, we’re through! I won’t be your friend. Your older sister was getting married the next day! And yet she hid and protected you from a demon! You and no one else! So don’t disrespect her death like that! You better stay alive. Your sister sacrificed her life to save yours and to give you a future! So you must carry on living Giyu.“