3 stages of GAS
The three stages of general adaptation syndrome include the alarm degree, resistance stage, and debilitation stage. Learn the three stages of GAS below .
General adaptation syndrome is a cosmopolitan and predictable reaction blueprint to all stressors, whether they are commodity ( referred to as eustress ) or bad ( referred to as stress ), called distress.
It consists of the watch three-stage physiological reaction of an organism to severe stress.
Read more: Apollo for Reddit
Stage I: Alarm reaction
The body is prepared for flying fight or flight responses.
- Any kind of physical or emotional trauma will set off a chain reaction of stress responses. Normal levels of resistance are reduced because the immune system is suppressed at first, making us more vulnerable to infection and disease. This stage includes both shock and counter-shock phases.
- Several organ systems undergo significant changes during the shock phase. The blood flow is diverted to the lungs, heart, and brain at the expense of gastrointestinal blood flow and blood flow to the skin.
Stage II: Resistance
If a stressor persists, the free of stress hormones from the pituitary gland and adrenal gland cortex increases, and the first-stage alarm symptoms sink, giving the appearance of a recurrence to physiological convention function .
- We adapt to stress over time, often quickly. As a result, we become more resistant to illness and disease. Our immune system works overtime to keep up with the demands placed on it at this time.
- We become oblivious to our surroundings and believe that we can withstand the consequences of stress indefinitely.
- This is where the danger lies. We typically do nothing in response to stress because we believe we are immune to its effects.
- If the resistance stage lasts too long, the body will remain on high alert and continue to produce stress hormones.
- The following are symptoms of the resistance stage:
- Poor concentration
Stage III: Exhaustion
If the stressor lasts longer than the body ‘s defenses can handle, the internal environment of the body ( homeostatic milieu ) is disturbed. Blood press remains high, sugar levels increase and there are ulcers in the gastrointestinal line. Although no two people have the same level of stress resistance and tolerance, everyone ‘s immunity finally breaks down as a result of chronic tension reactions .
- Researchers refer to this as a disease of adaptation because it causes life-sustaining mechanisms to slow down, organ systems to fail, and our stress-fighting reserves to deplete.
- The shock phase of alarm reaction is essentially repeated during the exhaustion stage, resulting in:
- Feeling unable to cope
The primary reason why stress causes indeed many health problems is thought to be cosmopolitan adaptation syndrome. try disrupts our bodies ‘ natural equilibrium ( homeostasis ) that is all-important for our wellbeing. It can shorten our life bridge by hastening the aging process .