It seemed all-but-certain that Black Canary would finally make an appearance on Arrow, but until last summer ’ mho Season 2 preview brought San Diego Comic-Con to its feet with a foremost look at the character in action, the large question was, “ When ? ” good, that interview has long since been answered, but in good comic record imprint, it ’ s raised flush more questions.
here are five burn questions about Arrow ’ s Black Canary that we can ’ t wait to have answered.
1. Sara Lance is The Canary?! But what about Dinah? The biggest and most obvious wonder. In the comics, Black Canary ’ s real identity is Dinah Lance ( who goes by her middle identify Laurel on the show ). But in the episode “ Crucible, ” we discover that Arrow ’ mho Black Canary is actually Sara Lance, Laurel ’ s short sister. So is Laurel destined to become the Canary at some point, or will Arrow ’ mho version of the character remain content to watch all the super heroics from the sidelines ?
obviously, we don ’ t know at this steer and it ’ s highly improbable we ’ ll find out anytime soon. But here ’ s what we do know. Laurel surely has the contend skills. We know she ’ s a skilled soldierly artist who can more than hold her own in a fight. And while she ’ second presently angry with the Arrow, she ’ mho been supportive of him in the by, demonstrating that this Assistant DA has a sealed measure of comfort with taking the law into her own hands. So it ’ s entirely possible that she could become Black Canary finally, but for this to happen, something would have to happen to our current Canary, which brings us to our following cauterize question…
2. Are Sara Lance’s days numbered? If the Black Canary mantle does finally pass to Laurel, something ’ s going to have to happen for Sara to give it up. But don ’ metric ton be so indisputable that this means death. For one thing, Arrow is a testify that seems to thrive on defying expectations. Consider Quentin Lance ’ s demotion this season to beat hook. Or Tommy Merlyn ’ s shocking death. Or the fact that the villain reasonably much won final temper ( possibly even more than we realized, as we saw in the last episode ). Or heck, even the fact that Sara Lance is still alive to begin with. There are plenty of other ways for the Canary mantle to pass from Sara to Laurel. Of path, that ’ sulfur assuming Laurel ’ s going to become the Canary. That may not happen. Part of what ’ s then big about Arrow is the way it draws inspiration from the comics without being afraid to make changes and blaze new ground. speak of which…
3. How the heck did Sara Lance become a member of the League of Assassins? In a season that so far has been chock fully of amazing twists and surprises, hearing the name Ra ’ s al Ghul in the sequence “ Broken Dolls ” was a highlight. While so far we haven ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate seen the Demon ’ mho Head on the testify, and it ’ s indecipherable if we will ( though a fan can hope, right ? ), it ’ s a pretty bazaar stake that the League itself is going to remain a presence throughout the entire season.
Sara ’ s history with the group explains her formidable contend skills, but how did she join up ? deoxyadenosine monophosphate far as we know, there are no members of the League of Assassins on the island. Could they be behind Doctor Ivo ’ s quest to find the japanese serum ? What we do know is that Oliver knew Sara survived the bury of the Queen ’ s Gambit, but he calm thought she was dead anterior to finding her kick butt in a blond wig in Starling City. So at some point in the flashback storyline, she ’ south going to be apparently killed, and it would seem to make common sense that the League becomes a factor in Sara ’ s life after that point. Or possibly she truly will be killed. This is Ra ’ s aluminum Ghul we ’ ra talking about, after all.
4. When will Laurel find out her sister is still alive? When you consider that both Oliver and Quentin Lance know about Sara, it seems likely that Laurel will finally find out that her sister ’ s not abruptly. In fact, in today ’ s newfangled sequence of “ DC All Access, ” actress Caity Lotz reveals that she ’ s all for it. ( She besides reveals that she ’ south incredibly charming and has one of the best smiles on television. ) The bigger doubt may be what the ramifications of this revelation will be. Laurel ’ s had a pretty rough road since Oliver ’ s render, and while she ’ d surely be glad to hear that her sister ’ sulfur still alive, she ’ s credibly going to be less-than-thrilled that both Oliver and her father knew this and kept it from her.
5. Could Sara’s role as the Canary suggest that Oliver’s true romantic relationship lies with her rather than Laurel ? The comedian book purists may balk, but it ’ s an intriguing expectation. Oliver seems to have about equally much history with Sara as he does with Laurel, both of them have matured greatly over the past five years, and now that we ’ ve learned about Sara ’ second time on the Amazo and Lian Yu, she would seem to have more in common with Oliver than her sister does. And such a turn of events would still remain true to the Green Arrow/Black Canary relationship, if not the Oliver Queen/Dinah Lance one.
however, if there ’ s one thing that any Arrow sports fan knows, it ’ s that all bets are off when it comes to Oliver ’ mho beloved life. While traditionally he may pair up with Laurel, there ’ s his by relationship with Shado to consider ( what happens to her, anyhow ? ), his holocene splurge with Isabel, and Felicity ’ s obvious ( and absolutely adorable ) beat on him. If Sara does return to Starling City for any run menstruation of time, it seems pretty potential that something could develop between them, even if it doesn ’ thyroxine ultimately last. Let ’ s face it, when you spend time with Oliver, there ’ s no deny that smile… or those abs.
While it ’ sulfur improbable we ’ ll get answers to all these questions this season—and even if we do, the answers will credibly just leave us with even more questions—we ’ rhenium excited to see what ’ mho in store for Ollie and Sara, both on the island and in Starling City. Sara ’ s past and her ties to the aluminum Ghuls ( yes, plural, it was revealed last calendar month that Nyssa al Ghul will be making an appearance in an approaching sequence ) mean that the one thing the Canary and Arrow shouldn ’ metric ton expect is smooth sailing.
Read more : Man of Steel
And we wouldn ’ triiodothyronine want it any early way.
Those are our burn questions. What are yours ? Leave them in the comments below, and be certain to catch the foremost part of Arrow ‘s Barry Allen-starring mid-season stopping point this Wednesday on The CW !