The Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport arranger is not even a new device ! even if you ’ re only merely noticing this feature on your background, it ’ randomness been around for a while – well a decade. so american samoa long as you ’ re using something higher than a Windows 7 operate system, you ’ ll find that this is a commodious feature .
however, just because something is widely available doesn ’ metric ton mean that it ’ second user-friendly. so if you ’ re a short jumble about what a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is, how to use it, and why you need it, then read on !
- What Is a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter?
- How to Set Up a Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter
- Why You Need a Virtual WiFi Adapter
- Is a Virtual WiFi Adapter Useful?
- How to Disable a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
What Is a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter?
Before we jump into how to set up this device, let ’ s take a closer search at what it is precisely. You might have seen this device in use without even realizing what it was. In kernel, a WiFi adapter is a sport that virtualizes your network arranger.
In bare terms, this device creates a single virtual net and two distinguish networks without the need for a unlike physical radio receiver adapter .
With the assistant of a virtual WiFi adapter, you can use the second virtual network as an ad-hoc network. ItThislets you create a WiFi hot spot that early devices can connect to easily !
How to Set Up a Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter
There are two ways you can set up your Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport arranger – you can either use a command pipeline or download a third-party program. unfortunately, while it may seem like third-party software would be the easiest choice, you will normally have to pay for this .
There ’ randomness besides all the terror of inviting strange viruses into your personal computer, so we ’ five hundred tip open. But, on the other bridge player, here ’ s how you use a command line to set up your second radio network !
Step 1: Share the internet connection of your primary physical network adapter.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Change Adapter Settings
- Select the Sharing tab
- Tick the box called ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’
- Under ‘Home networking connection’, pick the name of your virtual WiFi Miniport adapter.
Step 2: Open the command prompt
- Click on Start and type ‘cmd’
- Enter the command ‘netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=VirtualNetworkName key=Password’
- In the place of ‘Virtual Network Name,’ you can enter whatever name you like for your wireless network.
- In the place of ‘Password’ you can add your chosen password for the network.
- Once you’ve added the name and password, enter “netsh wlan start hostednetwork”
Why You Need a Virtual WiFi Adapter
A Microsoft virtual WiFi Miniport arranger allows you to create a brand newly virtual network. This is specially utilitarian when you have to extend your wireless connection. When you extend the connection, you can provide WiFi to other devices and using your own laptop as the host .
In the by, it wasn ’ triiodothyronine possible to convert your laptop or desktop into an independent network. This mean that merely one device could connect to the WiFi at a time unless there was a separate connection and adapter set up. A Microsoft virtual adapter helps overcome this limit and makes connecting directly to any WiFi network easy.
Read more: Download XAMPP for Windows – Free – 8.1.0
Is a Virtual WiFi Adapter Useful?
In all honesty, this type of device is only helpful in certain situations. Unless you ’ re using a computer as a hot spot or bridge, you won ’ t have any use for this feature. furthermore, because the performance of your calculator will be slightly affected when you enable this have, many avoid using it at all .
nowadays, there ’ s little need for this feature other than under certain circumstances. so chances are you ’ ll barely need to use it and decidedly won ’ t have to keep it running .
How to Disable a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Disabling this feature doesn ’ t take a fortune of fourth dimension or effort. Since it ’ s wholly virtual, disabling the feature involves changing the shape. If you want to remove the feature permanently, you can remove the driver raw .
however, it ’ mho probably better to turn it off in case you need it in the future !
How to turn off a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
- Open the Command Line Window by clicking start and entering “cmd”
- Type ‘netsh wlan stop hostednetwork’ and select enter
- Type ‘netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow’ and click enter
Congratulations – you ’ ve successfully disable virtual WiFi. It won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate be visible in your network connections or take up any network bandwidth. It besides won ’ metric ton be allowed to run in the background or restart without your know .
Disabling Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter: Method 2
There ’ s a much more square way to disable this feature of speech completely. All you have to do is go to the Control Panel and then select the Device Manager .
once you ’ ve reached the device director, you can disable the feature under the Network Controllers menu. Don ’ t worry – you can quickly start it up again when you want it !
How to Disable a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
If you know you ’ re never going to use the feature, you can raw remove it from the equation. By following these steps, you ’ ll remove the driver so that the device can then eliminate this affair. This efficaciously stops the program from running.
- Open the Command Line Window as an administrator
- Type ‘net start VirtualWiFiService’ and click enter
- Open ‘Control Panel’
- Open ‘Network and Sharing Center’
- Right-click on ‘Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter’
- Select Properties
- Click uninstall when the popup window comes up
- Follow the wizard
- Type ‘net stop VirtualWiFiService’ and click enter
- Type ‘VirtualWiFiservice.exe – remove’ and click enter
once you ’ re done, the plan will not run again. If you always need it again, you can download the driver again from Microsoft ’ s web site !
While not necessary for most people, the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is a throw of initiation. It ’ s a helpful feature in situations where you need two networks, making an alternative WiFi hot spot unnecessary .
Despite its specify applications, it ’ s easy to learn how to use a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport arranger. once you get it running, you ’ ll never have to worry about connectivity again !