What are Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinars?
Zoom Meetings is possibly the most popular product from Zoom. The Meetings environment is where you can have conversations with employees, colleagues, and even friends and family. According to Zoom, Meetings is designed for group collaboration, team conversations, sales demos, on-line memorize, and position discussions.
With Meetings, you get a collaborative environment where everyone can screen partake, interact with video and sound recording, and “ engage ” in a virtual discussion. You can interact through old world chat and screen sharing aboard video, answer polling questions, and apply virtual backgrounds. Zoom Webinars, on the other hand are similar to virtual events. Webinars give you a digital environment where you can present ideas and content to a larger consultation. A host ( and sometimes some co-hosts ) have complete master over what the hearing members can do, including whether they can partake video and audio. You can allow webinar participants to chat and contribution files, or they can be silent viewers of the event .
When to Use Zoom Meetings
soar Meetings are collaborative environments intended to allow teams, students, and other groups to share message, communicate via audio and television, and put up to a shared conversation. Zoom Meetings come with tools to make the experience equally immersive as possible. For case, you can apply virtual backgrounds to your meetings, or bring everyone together in a shared virtual space with an Immersive touch. Zoom Meetings besides offer :
- Waiting rooms to ensure only the right people can join
- Breakout rooms for deeper conversations between smaller groups of attendees
- Registration and meeting passwords to better protect your discussions
- Screen and file sharing for both the host and permitted users
- Whiteboarding – a virtual space where people can draw, type, and annotate alongside other participants.
- Chat and discussion through Zoom Chat (this can include sharing emojis and links)
- Reactions: Meeting participants can silently react by using an emoji in a meeting
- Polling to collect information from groups of participants
- Streaming via YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and other custom services
- View management to spotlight a speaker or multiple participants
- Integrations: Users can integrate Zoom Meetings with various tools, including calendar services, Salesforce, and more
zoom Meetings are best for interactions when employees need to share ideas in an environment where everyone can have an opportunity to speak freely. While hosts of meetings can mute early participants and decide who can share video, meetings normally have multiple people interacting simultaneously. Within a Zoom Meeting, you can present ideas with a co-host or on your own, share your screen ( or fair a helping of it ), engage participants through polls and chew the fat, and evening break your employees up into break rooms where they can discuss ideas.
Read more: Integral of tan x (video) | Khan Academy
When to Use Zoom Webinars
Where Zoom Meetings are designed to support multiple people interacting at once, Zoom Webinars are more about “ presenting ” contentedness to a particular audience. many companies and educators use these webinars for large discipline sessions, lectures, or classes that don ’ thymine necessitate as much ceaseless remark from other participants. soar webinars are besides great for announcements. Webinars are available as an addition to the paid Zoom Meeting license, and they allow people to connect with audiences around the ball. Like Zoom Meetings, webinars come with a compass of great features, including adjustment, with custom branded pages where people can sign up for your webinar. You can besides stream your webinar through respective native and third-party tools. Some of the extra features available from Zoom Webinars include :
- Source tracking URLs to see where attendees to a webinar come from (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Email, YouTube, a landing page)
- Q&A: This goes beyond basic polls to allow attendees to send in questions during a webinar and get responses at the host’s pace. Admins can also enable attendees to answer the questions of their colleagues
- Integrations: You can connect your Zoom webinars to EventBrite and PayPal, ideal if you’re planning on charging for online classes or creating digital tickets for events
- Webinar surveys: You can set up a survey to appear after an event to collect information about your users
- Attendee view management: Webinars come with a three-screen view, so you can watch an active speaker, presentation, and the audience at the same time
- Reporting: Zoom webinars come with reporting features to help you track user engagement and keep an eye on when people begin to lose interest in your content
zoom Webinars are less familiar video-focused interactions intended for announcements, lessons, and tied certain kinds of on-line events. If you want to connect with a big issue of people at once, webinars will allow you to do this. The Zoom Webinars environment even makes it easier to engage with your attendees through things like surveys and Q & A .
Choosing Zoom Meetings vs Zoom Webinars
Both Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinars are knock-down tools for the future of collaboration and communication. however, each of these services from Zoom has their own specific purpose. soar Meetings are intimate virtual conversations. If you ’ re plan on discussing workplace projects, or you need to chat about approaching changes to the work flow with your team, a Zoom Meeting would be a big way to do that.
Zoom Webinars, on the early hand, allow you to share content with a broad range of viewers at the lapp time, with less input signal from your attendees. If you want to give a presentation or host a class for a set of viewers at once, Webinars might be your best choice .