Travel Adaptor for France | Electrical Safety First

France travel adaptors

You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electrical appliances safely whilst abroad. This normally includes the function of a travel adapter, which is a device that merely allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a foreign electrical socket. It is authoritative to note that it does not convert the voltage or frequency .
For France there are two consociate fireplug types, types C and E. Plug type C is the plug which has two turn pins and chew type E is the fireplug which has two round pins and a trap for the socket ’ s male earthing trap. France operates on a 230V add voltage and 50Hz .

  • Type C socket
    Type C
  • Type E socket
    Type E

Voltage converters and transformers

electricity supplies worldwide can vary from anything between 100V and 240V. It can be highly dangerous to use an electric appliance that is rated at a voltage different from the add .
As electric potential can differ from country to nation, you may need to use a electric potential converter or transformer whilst in France. If the frequency is different, the normal operation of an electric appliance may besides be affected. For exemplar, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity add. Most electric potential converters and transformers come supplied with punch adaptors, so you may not need to buy a separate change of location adapter.

All converters and transformers will have a maximal power evaluation ( AMPS or WATTS ) sol cook sure that any appliance you intend to use does not exceed this denounce .

Dual voltage rated appliance

You can determine whether you ’ ll need to use a converter or transformer, by looking at the appliance rat plate .
A double voltage rated appliance will display for example ‘ INPUT : 110-240V ’ on the soundbox of the appliance or its might supply. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but merely a travel adapter, because France operates on a 230V supply voltage, which is within the 110-240V stove that the dual voltage appliance operates on.

Single voltage rated appliances

In France the add electric potential is 230V. If the appliance is a one electric potential rated appliance, it will need to operate at the same voltage as the issue voltage of the state i.e. 230V. If this is not the case it should be used alongside a voltage transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work safely and by rights .
Converters and transformers perform a like function, but their applications differ. Converters are typically used with appliances that operate for a short circuit duration ( 1-2hours ), whilst most transformers can be used aboard appliances that operate continuously.

It ’ second crucial to understand that some travel adaptors are not desirable for any appliances that require an earth connection. These types of locomotion adaptors should only be used with double over insulate equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below .
Double Insulated Symbol
We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your travel, to understand the requirements in France .

beginning :
Category : Tech

About admin

I am the owner of the website, my purpose is to bring all the most useful information to users.

Check Also


Manage participants in a zoom meeting webinar

Call the people who attend the meet as follows Alternate host host Who scheduled the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.