Travel Adaptor for Switzerland | Electrical Safety First

Switzerland travel adaptors

You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electrical appliances safely whilst abroad. This normally includes the use of a travel adapter, which is a device that just allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a alien electrical socket. It is important to note that it does not convert the electric potential or frequency .
For Switzerland there are two consort ballyhoo types, types C and J. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type J is the spark plug which has three round pins. Switzerland operates on a 230V provision voltage and 50Hz .

  • Type C socket
    Type C
  • Type J socket
    Type J

Voltage converters and transformers

electricity supplies worldwide can vary from anything between 100V and 240V. It can be highly dangerous to use an electric appliance that is rated at a electric potential different from the supply .
As voltage can differ from state to area, you may need to use a electric potential converter or transformer whilst in Switzerland. If the frequency is different, the normal operation of an electric appliance may besides be affected. For exercise, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity supply. Most electric potential converters and transformers come supplied with plug adaptors, so you may not need to buy a separate travel adapter.

All converters and transformers will have a maximal power fink ( AMPS or WATTS ) so make sure that any appliance you intend to use does not exceed this denounce .

Dual voltage rated appliance

You can determine whether you ’ ll indigence to use a converter or transformer, by looking at the appliance evaluation home plate .
A double voltage rated appliance will display for exercise ‘ INPUT : 110-240V ’ on the body of the appliance or its power add. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but just a travel adapter, because Switzerland operates on a 230V provide electric potential, which is within the 110-240V rate that the double electric potential appliance operates on.

Single voltage rated appliances

In Switzerland the provide electric potential is 230V. If the appliance is a single voltage rated appliance, it will need to operate at the like electric potential as the provide voltage of the area i.e. 230V. If this is not the case it should be used alongside a electric potential transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work safely and by rights .
Converters and transformers perform a like function, but their applications differ. Converters are typically used with appliances that operate for a inadequate duration ( 1-2hours ), whilst most transformers can be used aboard appliances that operate continuously.

It ’ s crucial to understand that some locomotion adaptors are not suitable for any appliances that require an earth association. These types of travel adaptors should merely be used with bivalent isolate equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below .
Double Insulated Symbol
We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your travel, to understand the requirements in Switzerland .

generator :
Category : Tech

About admin

I am the owner of the website, my purpose is to bring all the most useful information to users.

Check Also


Manage participants in a zoom meeting webinar

Call the people who attend the meet as follows Alternate host host Who scheduled the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.