Travel Adaptor for The Netherlands | Electrical Safety First

Netherlands travel adaptors

With thus much to see and do, discovering all the delights of the Netherlands can take a morsel of plan. It ’ s authoritative to arm yourself with cognition, to make sure you see all the delights this state has to offer .

Netherlands travel adaptors: which type do I need?

  • Type C socket
    Type C
  • Type F socket
    Type F

You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electric appliances safely whilst abroad. This normally includes the habit of a travel adapter, which is a device that simply allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a foreign electrical socket. It is important to note that it does not convert the electric potential or frequency .
For the Netherlands there are two associate spark plug types, types C and F. Plug type C is the ballyhoo which has two round pins and chew type F is the plug which has two round pins with two land clips on the side. The Netherlands operate on a 230V provision voltage and 50Hz .

Voltage converters and transformers

Netherlands Travel Adaptor

( Image informant )

Electricity supplies worldwide can vary from anything between 100V and 240V. It can be highly dangerous to use an electric appliance that is rated at a electric potential different from the supply .
As electric potential can differ from country to nation, you may need to use a electric potential converter or transformer whilst in the Netherlands. If the frequency is different, the normal operation of an electric appliance may besides be affected. For exemplar, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity supply. Most voltage converters and transformers come supplied with plug adaptors, so you may not need to buy a divide travel adapter .
All converters and transformers will have a maximal power denounce ( AMPS or WATTS ) so make surely that any appliance you intend to use does not exceed this fink .

Dual voltage rated appliance

You can determine whether you ’ ll necessitate to use a converter or transformer, by looking at the appliance evaluation plate.

A double voltage rated appliance will display for exemplar ‘ INPUT : 110-240V ’ on the body of the appliance or its might provide. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but fair a travel adapter, because the Netherlands operates on a 230V provide voltage, which is within the 110-240V image that the double voltage appliance operates on .

Single voltage rated appliances

In the Netherlands the supply electric potential is 230V. If the appliance is a single electric potential rated appliance, it will need to operate at the same voltage as the supply voltage of the state i.e. 230V. If this is not the case it should be used alongside a electric potential transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work safely and properly .
Converters and transformers perform a similar function, but their applications differ. Converters are typically used with appliances that operate for a curtly duration ( 1-2hours ), whilst most transformers can be used aboard appliances that operate continuously.

It ’ sulfur important to understand that some locomotion adaptors are not desirable for any appliances that require an land connection. These types of change of location adaptors should only be used with duplicate insulate equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below .
Double -insulated -symbol
We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your travel, to understand the requirements in the Netherlands .

source :
Category : Tech

About admin

I am the owner of the website, my purpose is to bring all the most useful information to users.

Check Also


Manage participants in a zoom meeting webinar

Call the people who attend the meet as follows Alternate host host Who scheduled the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.