Fix: USB to HDMI adapter not working on Windows 10/11
Windows & Software Expert
by Matthew Adams Matthew is a freelancer who has produced a variety of articles on assorted topics related to technology. His main focus is the Windows OS and all the things surrounding it. He is passionate about … Read more
- If your USB-C to HDMI adapter is not working, the issue might be connected to the dedicated driver.
- So we ‘re recommending updating the USB to HDMI driver using a specialize tool .
- Alternatively, recently installed Windows 10 updates can lead to problems with cables and ports.
- Of naturally, the problem might besides be hardware-related, meaning the adapter itself .
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your personal computer for utmost performance. fasten personal computer issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps :
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies ( patent available here
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
USB to HDMI adapters enable users to connect their desktops or laptops to secondary coil display devices via HDMI, even if they don ’ t have an HDMI port on their device .
however, USB to HDMI adapters doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate constantly knead for some Windows 10 users. A few have even posted on the Microsoft forum about their USB to HDMI adapters not working .
I am using HP-21 Pavilion all in one desktop. My machine is not having VGA or HDMI port. On this car ( Windows 10 ) I was using display link USB-HDMI Display Adapter to connect projector and Second Monitor. It worked very well. But after windows 10 anniversary updates it stopped working. I tried with latest display Link drivers. When I insert USB adapter in USB port built in screen becomes black .
Why is USB-C to HDMI adapter not working on Windows 11?
If this publish occurs, it ’ s possible that your HDMI port international relations and security network ’ thyroxine shape, indeed be surely to test it with a different cable to make certain everything is in club .
To circumvent this problem, many are using docking stations, but sadly, few users reported that Windows 11 is not detecting docking station .
This international relations and security network ’ t the alone type of cable that has issues, and many reported that USB-C to DisplayPort cable international relations and security network ’ t working, but that can be easily fixed .
How do I fix the USB to HDMI adapter issues?
1. Update the USB to HDMI driver
- Press the Windows Key + S and type in Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, expand Other Devices.
- Right-click on your USB device and select Update Driver.
A USB to HDMI adapter return can be due to an incorrectly installed or contrastive device driver. frankincense, updating the USB to the HDMI adapter ’ south driver can potentially fix it .
Update drivers automatically
You can download the latest driver for your USB to HDMI driver from its company ’ sulfur web site. With a little research, you should find the decline driver .
Expert Tip: Some personal computer issues are hard to tackle, specially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a cock that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start rectify .
however, the best direction to update your drivers is by using a specialize third-party joyride that will mechanically scan your hardware for the latest available version and download it .
diverse errors are the leave of a malfunction driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this particular component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automatize tool for the problem. hera ‘s how to do it :
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by defile drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today !
disclaimer : this plan needs to be upgraded from the spare version in regulate to perform some specific actions .
2. Rollback a Windows 10 build update
- Open the search box by pressing the Windows Key + S.
- Next, type Updates in the search box.
- Click Recovery to open Settings.
- Then, click the Get started button under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 subheading.
- You can roll back a Windows 10 build update for 10 days after an update.
- Then go through the guidelines to roll back the platform.
Some users have said that their USB to HDMI adapters stopped working after Windows 10 build updates. To roll back a recent Windows 10 build up update, use the method above .
3. Connect to an alternative USB port/ Change hub
There might be an write out with the USB larboard you ’ ra connecting your USB to the HDMI arranger with. thus, try connecting your USB to an HDMI adapter with another port on your background or laptop .
alternatively, if you ’ re using a USB to HDMI hub and have a spare one, switch between them to see if this is not a hardware issue .
here ’ s an amazing list of the best plug-and-play USB hub on the market present. They will help you connect and switch between multiple devices without plugging and unplugging them .
4. Scan for hardware changes
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button to select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.
- Select your PC at the top of Device Manager.
- Click Action to open that menu.
- Select the Scan for hardware changes option.
- Then try utilizing the USB to HDMI adapter after scanning.
Windows might recognize a connect USB to HDMI arranger after you scan for hardware changes .
The above resolutions might fix USB to HDMI adapters for some users, but possibly not everybody. Some users might need to change their adapters .
Are you having early USB-related problems ? here is a useful article dedicated to fixing the USB-C if it ’ s not working properly on your device .
Users with adapters even within their guarantee periods can besides return them to manufacturers for repairs if they still don ’ metric ton work .
still having issues ? Fix them with this tool :
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this calendar month .
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best USB-C to HDMI adapters ?
Owning the right USB-C to HDMI adapter is identical important for the output trope quality. Have a look at our comprehensive list of the best USB-C to HDMI adapters guide .
Can you connect a USB to HDMI ?
Yes, you can connect a USB to an HDMI port, but you will need to have one product from this useful list of the best USB to HDMI adapters on the commercialize .
Is USB the lapp as HDMI ?
No, the USB ports and cables are used for datum transfers largely, and HDMI for external display. here ’ s a great list of the best HDMI cables on the market .
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation